Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Relationship between Daniel and Katherine?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Relationship between Daniel and Katherine?

Have there ever been any comments by the show runners or even intelligent speculation on the part of fans as to just WHO Katherine was to Daniel?

Why, in the movie, did she have a photo of him as a child with his foster parents? Nothing in the show seems to have retconned that scene in the movie. WHAT in the world would that have had to do with her needing him for the Stargate project? (And for that matter, why did his grandfather leave him in the care of foster parents in the first place?)

It just seems there was more there, right from the movie and on, than we ever heard explained.

According to Wiki:

She knew of him because of his far-out theories about the pyramids—theories which got him ridiculed and pushed out of the archeaological community.

Comment

It just seems there was more there, right from the movie and on, than we ever heard explained.
      i think they were pretty much lifelong friends

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
        According to Wiki:

She knew of him because of his far-out theories about the pyramids—theories which got him ridiculed and pushed out of the archeaological community.
        That doesn't address her having a photo of him as a child with his foster parents. Why in the world would she have something like that if she only wanted him for the Stargate project? Why would she have asked him "Is that you with your parents?"

Did she know him from the time he was a child, but never showed herself? What was the connection?

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
          i think they were pretty much lifelong friends
          Yeah. That's why when he met her near the beginning of the original movie, he had no idea who she was.

Dude...

Up on your Stargate continuity?

Comment

Originally posted by Niddle View Post
            That doesn't address her having a photo of him as a child with his foster parents. Why in the world would she have something like that if she only wanted him for the Stargate project? Why would she have asked him "Is that you with your parents?"

Did she know him from the time he was a child, but never showed herself? What was the connection?
            She probably looked up his history and found out about his parents and grandparents, and that he was basically an orphan, and since he had similar thinking to hers about the pyramids (or, at least, she was intrigued by his ideas), she decided to go meet him and sound him out on his theories and invite him to Cheyenne Mountain. Maybe, in a way, his being orphaned and abandoned (by his grandfather) made her feel some sort of kinship towards him since she had lost Ernest because of the Stargate and in some strange way it made her feel connected to him. I don't think they were lifelong friends. She wouldn't have introduced herself to him at that lecture if they had been. He had no clue who she was or what she wanted from him when they met.

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
              She probably looked up his history and found out about his parents and grandparents, and that he was basically an orphan, and since he had similar thinking to hers about the pyramids (or, at least, she was intrigued by his ideas), she decided to go meet him and sound him out on his theories and invite him to Cheyenne Mountain. Maybe, in a way, his being orphaned and abandoned (by his grandfather) made her feel some sort of kinship towards him since she had lost Ernest because of the Stargate and in some strange way it made her feel connected to him. I don't think they were lifelong friends. She wouldn't have introduced herself to him at that lecture if they had been. He had no clue who she was or what she wanted from him when they met.
              I dunno. From the first time I saw the movie it hit me as very odd she'd have a picture of him as a child.

Seems a little extreme if she was just looking for a qualified person to help with the Stargate project.

I have some ideas that were never touched on in the show that may be a little extreme in themselves, so I won't voice them here. Still, there HAD to be something more to it.

I know at this late date it may be silly to even wonder about this, but then again, SG-1 is still running on the THIS network in the States. Every Sunday night, two episodes. The television side of Stargate isn't quite dead yet, even after all this time. (Just wish THIS would run Atlantis too.)

Comment

Working...
              X