Do the Jaffa or Wraith use horses as cavalry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do the Jaffa or Wraith use horses as cavalry

i wonder if the jaffa use horses has cavalry i have seen episodes showing horses and i wonder if this is the case and if so would there be any in the stargate alantis galaxy has well perhaps the wraith hunt while riding them

Life horse, big pile of panic. Dead horse, good cover.

And thus I doubt that the Goa'uld had a cavalry with horse, especially when you consider they have gliders to attack from above, advanced weaponry and motherships to blow groundtroops to kingdom come from high in space.

The Wraith only have to sweep in with their darts to scoop up their lifestock.
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

like the wraith answer lol

Comment

The wraith would likely drain the horses of their blood and energy. We never saw the Jaffa riding horses, except for the women of the Hak'tyl. The Jaffa men soldiers always were shown in foot or in spaceships. There may have been a few horses in "The Warrior", but I only ever saw women riding the horses.
        Last edited by hedwig; 25 September 2014, 12:22 PM.

Comment

Strategically, horses are made to cover ground quickly and have the potential of running over people while they're at it. This is great during combat using swords. The rider can bum rush his opponent and when fighting armies the mass of horses can trample their opponents. And, the long range weapons like bows/arrows and muskets were slow firing and fairly unwieldy so cavalry could still come into play and over take either weapon.

But, the jaffa and wraith use weapons that are more easily wielded, have a decent rate of fire, and are easier to use. Cover and armor are now more important and you can't take cover on a horse. You could armor it but having an armored vehicle it more efficient.

to sum it up, having horses wouldn't help either of them. I think the jaffa use the horses as beasts of burden and rides rather than cavlary.

sigpic
          Stargate spin off series: Stargate Millennium
          https://www.fanfiction.net/u/5580179/StargateMillennium

Comment

Working...
          X