O'Neill was/is an Ancient - possibility

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

O'Neill was/is an Ancient - possibility

Do we have any plot information regarding the SG-1 movie that was meant to be O'Neill focussed? - I don't think we ever got anything did we

Anyway, I was thinking about O'Neill and his connection with the Ancients and I started to think could he in fact be an Ancient.

Thor said that he was special and advanced (genetically) and I assume it was because he had the Ancient gene but could it have been for a different reason. Thor also added a genetic marker to O'Neill's DNA to prevent anyone from tampering/messing with his genetics - but again other people on Earth (Sheppard for example) also had the gene so why didn't he add the marker to them as well if it was so important that no one mess with it.

- more to that question, why was it so important to Thor that no one mess with his genetics?.

I started to wonder could O'Neill be an actual Ancient, we know ascended beings can retake human form and some retain their memories and some don't. We've seen Ancients reappear as flesh and blood adults and children but what if it can go further than that, what if they can retake human form in a more natural way - like being conceived. A sort of "Reincarnation" as we know it to be in some religions.

If O'Neill was an Ancient or other powerful or important being then perhaps he chose to take human form or was sent back in human form for his protection, again for whatever reason, and he came back as a naturally conceived child by his parents (obviously lol) but with no direct memory of who or how important he really is.

We know O'Neill naturally has the gene and he appears slightly "dumb" but he does have some incredibly smart moments as we've seen throughout the series, his "smarts" come out as rather random blurts but it could be his advanced Ancient knowledge flickering to the surface on occasion.

It just makes me wonder if there's more...so much more..to O'Neill than meets the eye.

I'm probably just being silly but what do you think?

The Asgard tested O'Neill to see if he was the potential solution to their genetic problems, so it's safe to say that he's not an Ancient.

Also, only O'Neill's DNA need be tagged because he's the only one a rogue Asgard would seek to experiment on. He's the one who's proven a remarkable ability to handle the Ancient Repository of Knowledge. Some random Joe (Flanigan teehee ) with the ATA gene would be an unknown quantity.

"BRITTA? WHAT KIND OF LAME NAME IS THAT?"

Comment

I've read fanfic where either or both O'Neill and Sheppard are ancients. Or father and son.
      Guess anything is possible in fic.
      sigpic

Comment

It makes me wonder who else would be potentially ancient, who devolved back to human form. My bet is on Rush!

Comment

To me it always seemed more likely that people with the natural ancient gene (O'Neill, Sheppard) were descendants of those ancients who mingled with the human population a while back. So one or more people in their line must have been the original ancients. Which would also be pretty cool already.

I can't see them actually being ancients - least of all knowingly. It would be out of character and not fit with a lot that happened. Starting with if O'Neill was actually ancient, his brain should have been able to handle the ancient memory transfer.
          sigpic

Comment

Not if he had descended fully like what happened to daniel.

Comment

Originally posted by Kimberley Jackson View Post
              To me it always seemed more likely that people with the natural ancient gene (O'Neill, Sheppard) were descendants of those ancients who mingled with the human population a while back. So one or more people in their line must have been the original ancients. Which would also be pretty cool already.

I can't see them actually being ancients - least of all knowingly. It would be out of character and not fit with a lot that happened. Starting with if O'Neill was actually ancient, his brain should have been able to handle the ancient memory transfer.
              That was about 10,000 years ago, right? ..After so much time and so many generations everyone on Earth would be related to the Ancients who came back..

In reality, if you go back 1000 or so years each person alive today would have more ancestors than there were people alive at the time. Everyone has two parents, four grandparents, eight great-grandparents etc... that's why the "vaguely interesting """news"""" sections of internet/TV/newspapers sometimes comes up with an "interesting" fact about some famous person today being related to some famous person from a long time ago.. We're all related if you go far back enough.

.. so after 10,000 years it's impossible for anyone on Earth to not be related to the Ancients who came back

The Ancient gene is a random characteristic, some people still have it and others don't.. Or it's active for some people which is why they can use Ancient technology and some people require the Ancient gene therapy to activate the gene.. Or maybe it's a little of both.. Some people have the gene and it's active or not... and some people don't have it..

Comment

I'm guessing the "Ancient Gene" is a recessive trait, so you would need to get it from both your father and mother in order to actually be able to use it. That would explain the 50% success rate on Carson's gene therapy too, since that could "activate" the recessive trait for people who have it.

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Hamenthotep View Post
                  That was about 10,000 years ago, right? ..After so much time and so many generations everyone on Earth would be related to the Ancients who came back..

In reality, if you go back 1000 or so years each person alive today would have more ancestors than there were people alive at the time. Everyone has two parents, four grandparents, eight great-grandparents etc... that's why the "vaguely interesting """news"""" sections of internet/TV/newspapers sometimes comes up with an "interesting" fact about some famous person today being related to some famous person from a long time ago.. We're all related if you go far back enough.

.. so after 10,000 years it's impossible for anyone on Earth to not be related to the Ancients who came back

The Ancient gene is a random characteristic, some people still have it and others don't.. Or it's active for some people which is why they can use Ancient technology and some people require the Ancient gene therapy to activate the gene.. Or maybe it's a little of both.. Some people have the gene and it's active or not... and some people don't have it..
                  That would largely depend on how many Ancients stayed on Earth after their return from the Pegasus Galaxy. If memory serves when the Lanteans returned they found Earth populated with many primitive human societies. I also got the impression that they were too few in number to rebuild their own society to what it once was. It was also stated by Ganos Lal (Morgan Le Fay) that some chose to leave Earth for other places in the Milky Way, some chose to meditate and ascend, while others decided to stay on Earth and intermingled with the primitive humans. If the population of humans was far greater than the population of Lanteans that stayed, then it would make sense that the ATA gene would be rare in modern humans.

Comment

Originally posted by Kimberley Jackson View Post

Ancients can choose to retake human form...in the form of an actual person, themselves in fact like Daniel ascended but retook human form as himself.

But what I was getting at was what if instead of retaking human form in the immediate sense, what if he came back in a more natural way. O'Neill's parents uhm, "Did the nasty", and his mother became pregnant with O'Neill...in a sense that O'Neill was sent back not in human form but as an embryo - more reincarnation than descension.

Comment

I can see that. Taking over the forming fetus.

Comment

I can see that. Taking over the forming fetus.

Comment

Exactly what I mean lol

I can't think of a specific reason as to why he would have returned to human form like this but perhaps it was a way of escaping detection for whatever reason. I just think there's much more to O'Neill than meets the eye, possibly something of cosmic importance.

Comment

If anything i think Rush is a better candidate for it, after all he IS obsessed with the Destiny.

Comment

Working...
                            X