No announcement yet.

A gift for Richard Dean Anderson's 65th Birthday that would make him very happy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A gift for Richard Dean Anderson's 65th Birthday that would make him very happy

Hi Everyone,

Richard Dean Anderson has said on several public occasions and also mentioned on twitter that he would really like it if 'LEGEND' (his fav working project) came out on DVD.

It could be a birthday gift although it might take a little longer then until his birthday to make it happen but I'm sure he would appreciate the thought.

It would make his fans happy too.

Now I know letters and emails have been sent to Paramount and calls have been made.

However it has never been done as a group effort on a really big scale. I'm talking huge.

There are three things we can do.

First of all, if everyone who wants to give RDA a great gift or/and would like to buy 'LEGEND on DVD would send one email to Paramount it's cool, but way better would be an email once per week until you receive a real answer (non-automatic) from Paramount.

This is not to annoy the people at Paramount Studio but to make sure it really registers on their radar that people would like the series 'LEGEND on DVD. Regardless if it only ran for one season.

Secondly, Please go to this website (link underneath), register and vote for 'Legend' (1995). Only ONE VOTE PER PERSON is allowed. Please do not try to register with a fake name as this could lead to 'LEGEND' being of the taken off the voting list for a while

The studios check the website when considering what to release. People voted for 'LEGEND' in past but a little more than 900 is only a start. We need 10.000!

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/votingfaq.cfm

It's all about money. Paramount thinks it only lasted for a season, ergo not many people will be interested, so no DVDs.

I mentioned in my email that it would be great if Paramount would release a special 'LEGEND/MACGYVER' edition on DVD. Legend the show, including any special footage they might have on both shows. Just like those special editions with three different movies of Harrison Ford in one set.

I also reminded them that Richard Dean Anderson's 65th birthday is on January 23 2015 and 'LEGEND' premiered on April 18, 1995, so it could be a special 20th anniversary edition.

We have to convince them there are enough former viewers/now costumers that would gladly buy the DVD set.

Thirdly get families, friends and whoever is interested on board.

And we shouldn't stop at emails but tweet, facebook and send postcards.

Here is all you need:

Paramount Pictures

Email address: [email protected]

Twitter: https://twitter.com/ParamountPics @ParamountPics

https://www.facebook.com/Paramount

Address: Paramount Pictures
    Chairman & CEO
    Brad Grey
    5555 Melrose Avenue
    Hollywood CA, 90038

If you are not sure what to write you can email me under [email protected] and I can forward you my email as an example.

Let's make it happen for him.

Snowdiver

I've done it a few times! I figure if I keep sending them, they might get the message eventually! BTW, you know me as Mom in High Heels on Twitter!
    FF Name ~ Shoe Queen

Read my 2014 Sam and Jack Multimedia Awards nominated fics!

Galatea
    I Saw Three Ships
    What Are You Doing New Year's Eve?
    Staying Behind
    Always Find You
    Paper Flowers
    The Things We Want
    Have Yourself a Shippy Little Christmas

Comment

I think it's a great idea in general, though it will take lots of letters, emails, twits and such to make it happen. I've been involved in similar efforts with other projects before (with no apparent success), and it can really get frustrating at times, but I'd love to try. The idea of giving RDA a bday gift like that... speaks to me
      sigpic

Comment

Working...
      X