No announcement yet.

New Who 10th anniversary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Actually, an episode taking place in an old episode is a classic trick. I'm suddenly astounded that Doctor Who's never really properly tackled it. Imagine the Twelfth Doctor having to go through the Paul McGann movie, making sure he doesn't screw anything up. If done right(a very big if), it could be brilliant. After all, the McGann movie is, in a way more a part of New Who than Old Who. And the more Eighth, the better.

Of course, you could also go back to Series 1, preferably Satellite Five.
    "I have never understood why it should be necessary to become irrational in order to prove that you care... or why it should be necessary to prove it at all."

Comment

If they do a 'current doctor goes through a past episode', I want Fires of Pompeii.
      sigpic
      Save a Man-of-War, ride a Commodore.

Comment

I forget if the telemovie was filmed in widescreen, then trimmed to 4:3... (like early X Files)

If so, and they could find the raw footage... on film too - so perfect for the HD era... That could be an interesting concept...

(But they'd better not **** with it and ruin one of my most emotionally invested stories!)

Fires of Pompeii on the other hand... with 12 walking through it... Now that would be fun! Though it was only recorded in SD...
        back on YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/@The-Cosmic-Hobo
        "How Doomsday Should Have Ended!" • "Bigger on the Inside?" • "The Doctor Falls - With Hartnell!"
        "The War Games - In 10 Minutes" • "Announcement of Jon Pertwee's death" •
        and lots more!

Comment

Originally posted by Morgania View Post
          If they do a 'current doctor goes through a past episode', I want Fires of Pompeii.
          Unless there's a really good explanation of how 12 ended up with a family and something for him to avoid screwing up, sure. But it's not something I'd pick. If they go through a past episode, it should be one where the Doctor does something really important, where HE is the fixed point.
          "I have never understood why it should be necessary to become irrational in order to prove that you care... or why it should be necessary to prove it at all."

Comment

Capaldi mentioned his face in Deep Breath, all but acknowledging the fact it's a "borrowed" face...

As such, in could see this idea working, and indeed providing some back story to why he looks like he does... (Just so long as they don't make massive generalisations, like that he's always borrowed his faces...)
            back on YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/@The-Cosmic-Hobo
            "How Doomsday Should Have Ended!" • "Bigger on the Inside?" • "The Doctor Falls - With Hartnell!"
            "The War Games - In 10 Minutes" • "Announcement of Jon Pertwee's death" •
            and lots more!

Comment

Originally posted by cosmichobo View Post
              Capaldi mentioned his face in Deep Breath, all but acknowledging the fact it's a "borrowed" face...

As such, in could see this idea working, and indeed providing some back story to why he looks like he does... (Just so long as they don't make massive generalisations, like that he's always borrowed his faces...)
              He must've really liked that Gallifreyan commander...

Comment

I doubt they will do anything. An what Doctor who needs is just more episodes not more anniversary episodes or special events. Just a good solid few years of doing 14 episodes a year.

Comment

Working...
                X