No announcement yet.

2015 Creation Entertainment Stargate Convention - Chicago August 14-16

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lots changed while I was gone to Charleston last week for a meeting. I see all the ticket options are now available. I also see that some of you are thinking this might be the last con for SG. I guess if that happens than I am glad I was able to go last year and I'm looking forward to this year as well. I may have came in late to the whole Con scene, but I'm glad I got in at the end at least. Better late than never.

Looking forward to seeing AT and MS as well as several of the other guests.

I wonder if they are having a hard time getting some of the actors to commit to coming in for the Con since they likely have other projects and SG is like 10 years since the last new episode.

Any news on the new movie? Wonder if that will generate any new interest.

Comment

Another update today -- looks like they clarified who was included with the autographs. So Amanda is included for both Gold and Silver, Joe is the second silver auto.

so to clarify,

Gold: Amanda, Michael, Joe
      Silver: Amanda, Joe

Interesting enough, gold still shows 'and more to be announced', weird that they didn't take that off. But the also say the same thing with group photo ops, as they only have the two now. Maybe more of those will be added?
      Last edited by Silversi; 24 March 2015, 11:02 AM.
      "I'm afraid the only bandaids we have are Ninja Turtles...that's the last time I let Colonel Sheppard help me with my medical supply list!!"

--Dr. Beckett "Real Life Atlantis" Fanfic

Comment

Do you get the feeling that they are not really paying attention to that page? LOL Things keep changing and contradicting each other. Guess they are too busy with the SPN and other cons to keep our con page current and accurate.
        sigpic

Comment

They added two rows of Gold, is there a chance that they are going to announce something later and want to be sure there are extra seats that can still be bought? I know the VIP tickets require Gold seats, but maybe there is something more to come?

Comment

I think it's more likely they want to squeeze as much money out of Gold as they can.

Comment

Well I hope they come up with something special for all of you in Gold because it sounds like maybe this years ticket isn't including as much as it has in the past. I'm hoping there is something they haven't yet announced for all of you that will make you glad you bought Gold.

Comment

A couple of years ago when Ben was there, they had 'Breakfast with Ben' that they'd added on. It wasn't included with the gold, but it was an extra add on you could purchase. Is that something that only Ben does? I know that they didn't do it last year. I wonder if since Ben is going to be there this year, if that's something he would do. He seems to be very interactive and appreciative of the fandom. That would be something to look forward to if they offered it. (and to make me more jealous then I already am that Ben is going to be there, and can't meet him!! )
                "I'm afraid the only bandaids we have are Ninja Turtles...that's the last time I let Colonel Sheppard help me with my medical supply list!!"

--Dr. Beckett "Real Life Atlantis" Fanfic

Comment

Perhaps they've been spoiled by the SPN fans who seem to just pay whatever they're required to get their "fan fix" no matter how much prices are raised from year to year....perhaps they think that they can get away with whatever they consider "still good value" for Gold customers without realising that other fandoms may well have more mature and discerning fans who care about where their hard saved money goes

Or perhaps as it's near the end of the Franchise and fandom dying down they just don't care what they put in a package any more...

Deeds xx
                  sigpic
                  Thanks to slizzie1986 for signature
                  MSOL - Official Website of Michael Shanks

Comment

Originally posted by Silversi View Post
                    A couple of years ago when Ben was there, they had 'Breakfast with Ben' that they'd added on. It wasn't included with the gold, but it was an extra add on you could purchase. Is that something that only Ben does?
                    I know Dan Payne and Alex Zahara do a breakfast, though it's not organized through Creation.

Comment

I'm going to hold out hope that they are going to have something wonderful for you Gold ticket holders that you don't yet know about. I was thrilled to see both AT and MS coming this year so maybe they are going to try and get this second final journey a great way to go out.

Comment

It would be nice if this were to be the last Chicago con and Creation pulled out all the stops, but they seem disinterested at the moment, or at least busy with their other cons. Still it's a good lineup this year and I'm looking forward to seeing everyone - both guests and friends.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Vecturist View Post
                          It would be nice if this were to be the last Chicago con and Creation pulled out all the stops, but they seem disinterested at the moment, or at least busy with their other cons. Still it's a good lineup this year and I'm looking forward to seeing everyone - both guests and friends.
                          Agreed

Comment

Interesting.....that's all I'm saying atm...

GATECON arises from the ashes ..

https://www.facebook.com/groups/3058...1170425606518/

Deeds xx
                            sigpic
                            Thanks to slizzie1986 for signature
                            MSOL - Official Website of Michael Shanks

Comment

Is anyone possibly interested in buying a pair of gold tickets? I know they're still available, but these are decently far in front of what's still for sale. PM me for exact seats, we're willing to sell them for a bit cheaper than list price.

I absolutely hate to miss out on the convention but my car died and I finally got it back after needing to put a new engine in it. Selling the convention tickets would help a bit with the $8,600 bill.

Comment

Gatecon? Interesting...
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X