2015 Creation Entertainment Stargate Convention - Chicago August 14-16

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2015 Creation Entertainment Stargate Convention - Chicago August 14-16

Looks like we get at least one more year!
    John Sheppard - thunkable, whumpable but absolutely NOT shippable - he's mine and I'm keeping him.

sigpic
    sig and avi by mrscopterdoc for Secret Santa 2015
    Recommended Sheppard/Team Sheppard Fics

Stargate convention

CHICAGO, ILLINOIS
    Fri., Sat. & Sun.
    August 14-16, 2015

The Westin O'Hare Hotel
    6100 River Road
    Rosemont, IL.

Creation Entertainment's
    Official STARGATE SG-1/ ATLANTIS/ UNIVERSE 2015
    THANKS TO YOU WE ARE ABLE TO COME BACK!

THIS SHOW IS NOT YET ON SALE. MAKE SURE TO BE ON OUR FREE MAILING LIST ON THE SUBJECTS YOU ARE INTERESTED IN AND WE'LL LET YOU KNOW WHEN THE CONVENTION LAUNCHES SO YOU CAN GRAB THE BEST SEATS: JOIN OUR MAILING LIST AT : http://www.creationent.com/email.htm
    John Sheppard - thunkable, whumpable but absolutely NOT shippable - he's mine and I'm keeping him.

sigpic
    sig and avi by mrscopterdoc for Secret Santa 2015
    Recommended Sheppard/Team Sheppard Fics

Comment

It may be tough to wait a year for another weekend of fun, but I can definitely use that year to save up for what I'm going to want to do. Which guests are on everybody's wishlists? As mentioned in the 2014 thread, I think it's a must that the inimitable Alex and Dan return and I would like to see more of the wonderful women of Stargate. Of the guests I didn't mention in that thread and who were not at this year's con, I would love to see:

Peter Williams
      Alexis Cruz
      Patrick Currie
      Colin Cunningham
      Ryan Robbins
      Alaina Huffman (who is actually in Vancouver this weekend, but I cannot afford any more con events so soon)

Of course, I would really love to see THE Richard Dean Anderson, but I don't think he has ever been to a Creation con and the chances of that changing are almost nil.

Comment

Love that list!
        Of course at the top of mine is Joe Flanigan and David Hewlett. The comedy duo that cannot be beat!

I would also like to see:
        Ben Browder
        JR Bourne
        Rainbow Sun Francks

And of course Dan and Alex. You can't have a convention without them!

And yes, if only THE RDA could be persuaded to do at least one Creation con...*sigh*
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ladyofshalott View Post
          Love that list!
          Of course at the top of mine is Joe Flanigan and David Hewlett. The comedy duo that cannot be beat!

I would also like to see:
          Ben Browder
          JR Bourne
          Rainbow Sun Francks

And of course Dan and Alex. You can't have a convention without them!

And yes, if only THE RDA could be persuaded to do at least one Creation con...*sigh*
          Dang it, I had a whole reply typed and it got eaten!

I'd love to go again, but it depends on who the guests are.

Anyway, I'd love to see BB and Claudia Black. Actually, I'd like to see ALL of SG1, but since RDA won't do Creation, that's not going to happen. Rick's manager, Paul, told me at ECCC (March 2014), that they (I'm assuming he means both Rick and himself) have "issues" with how Creation handles some things, including how they dealt with the fans (he didn't elaborate though), so it's doubtful Rick will do one.

And I would go to GateCon if Dan and Alex were the ONLY guests, because they MADE it for us. They need to be my neighbors. Life would be so much more interesting with them just around the corner.
          FF Name ~ Shoe Queen

Read my 2014 Sam and Jack Multimedia Awards nominated fics!

Galatea
          I Saw Three Ships
          What Are You Doing New Year's Eve?
          Staying Behind
          Always Find You
          Paper Flowers
          The Things We Want
          Have Yourself a Shippy Little Christmas

Comment

Originally posted by Jack'sMajorGirl View Post
            Rick's manager, Paul, told me at ECCC (March 2014), that they (I'm assuming he means both Rick and himself) have "issues" with how Creation handles some things, including how they dealt with the fans (he didn't elaborate though), so it's doubtful Rick will do one.
            I would have gone to ECCC just to see him but, alas, I didn't have a passport at the time. Seattle's what, just a couple hours from Vancouver? If he ever does a con so close again, I am so definitely going to go. What hurts worse, though, is his Meet The Man con was in Vancouver, but I had already gone broke seeing William Shatner and Leonard Nimoy the month before.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. Carson Beckett View Post
              I would have gone to ECCC just to see him but, alas, I didn't have a passport at the time. Seattle's what, just a couple hours from Vancouver? If he ever does a con so close again, I am so definitely going to go. What hurts worse, though, is his Meet The Man con was in Vancouver, but I had already gone broke seeing William Shatner and Leonard Nimoy the month before.
              Bummer. Rick is really nice, and so friendly and personable. From what I saw, he treats people like they're old friends while he's talking to them. He may think they're idiots, but outwardly, he's very kind. You should have gotten a rushed passport! If you'd told them you needed it to go see RDA, I'm sure you would have gotten it in no time! Seattle is only about 2.5 hours from Vancouver, IIRC.
              I would have crawled naked over broken glass to go to the Meet the Man Con. We were living in Europe at the time though, so that's quite a long haul, and would have cost a small fortune with airfare, the cost of the tickets, food, hotels, etc. Oh, not to mention, I was pregnant at the time. Still, RDA!

BTW, it's been rumored that William Shatner will be at ECCC this coming year. Nothing official yet though. My mom said if he is, she's going to fly up just to go see him.
              FF Name ~ Shoe Queen

Galatea
              I Saw Three Ships
              Staying Behind
              Always Find You
              Paper Flowers
              The Things We Want

Comment

Four more years! Four more years!
                Back from the grave.

Comment

I have been told by Cliff Simon that he quit doing Creation cons for awhile given how they treat con-goers. He commented that generally they have no problems chatting and doing personalizations - it's Creation and their rushing that say no.
                  sigpic

Comment

I know more about RDA vs Creation, but it's not open for discussion on GW.

Comment

Originally posted by Vecturist View Post
                      I have been told by Cliff Simon that he quit doing Creation cons for awhile given how they treat con-goers. He commented that generally they have no problems chatting and doing personalizations - it's Creation and their rushing that say no.
                      Yep, I heard this as well. I don't understand why they would do that, knowing it's keeping stars of the show away. That seems rather foolish.

Originally posted by mamasue9 View Post
                      I know more about RDA vs Creation, but it's not open for discussion on GW.
                      Tease!
                      FF Name ~ Shoe Queen

Galatea
                      I Saw Three Ships
                      Staying Behind
                      Always Find You
                      Paper Flowers
                      The Things We Want

Comment

Originally posted by Vecturist View Post
                        Such a shame, they pack 'em in and then there is no quality time for fans or the guests, just a conveyor belt of photo.....sign......next.......! I'd got so conditioned to this with going to Creation cons that I found it really strange to have time to chat to Robert Knepper (SGU's Simeon) at the Vancouver Fan Expo last year, and he even posed for photos with me.

The complimentary autograph session on Saturday was pretty brutal, a marathon of standing around in queues! I didn't realise how much bigger the Chicago con was compared to the Vancouver one as the theatre was bigger so there were more people.

My wish list for guests next year is; Louis Ferriera, Ben Browder and Claudia Black. I think the only guest that would definitely make me go again next year would be Louis. I'd love to meet him. If Ben and Claudia both go then that will possibly make me think about going. It would be nice to see more guests from SGU.

I agree, Dan and Alex are wonderful, such fun with great interaction with fans, they should be a regular feature!

Comment

Not that I'd ever get a chance to see Creation's books, but I do wonder about the economics of putting on a con. If someone were to organize a small con, say limited to 300 people or so, but promising a much more up close and personal experience with the guests - like longer talks and an unrushed autograph experience, would people be willing to pay, especially if it involved some of the bigger names? I have not been to Amanda's con, so I don't know how that works.
                          sigpic

Comment

It's too bad they don't have more options. If you only want to be there one day your only option seems to be the preferred or general admission and to be honest I can't say the Preferred was much better than the GA. Since I had never been to one and had no idea how big the room was I opted for the Preferred, but I can't say it was really worth the extra price. It would be nice if they left some seats open that were closer for those wanting just one day tickets. Also, it seems that a lot of things are off limits unless you buy Gold tickets which again if you only go for one day means you don't have options to choose those events.

I personally found the vendor room a huge disappointment. I went in on Saturday as well because I wanted time to get through that area and not be rushed and not have it eat up my entire Sunday; however I ended up with so much time on my hands both days because I seemed to be waiting for the next speaker or like on Sunday morning all the autographs that took the entire morning.

I would definitely like to go next year, but it could be a one day drive in and drive out depending upon how much money I want to spend and who is at the event. Seeing how this one is done makes me wonder about going to other conventions that might have Stargate guest at. I don't mind flying somewhere if I know the hotel is just a shuttle away and I'm not driving around in the city trying to get places.

Comment

Originally posted by allnycole View Post
                              It's too bad they don't have more options. If you only want to be there one day your only option seems to be the preferred or general admission and to be honest I can't say the Preferred was much better than the GA. Since I had never been to one and had no idea how big the room was I opted for the Preferred, but I can't say it was really worth the extra price. It would be nice if they left some seats open that were closer for those wanting just one day tickets. Also, it seems that a lot of things are off limits unless you buy Gold tickets which again if you only go for one day means you don't have options to choose those events.
                              The only thing that was strictly reserved for those with gold tickets was the Saturday night dessert party (which really isn't much more than some ice cream and toppings) and the centerpiece contest which a part of the dessert party. Everything else that was listed as complimentary for gold or silver ticket (autographs as well as the Friday night Cabaret were available to everyone else - just as an additional price.

I guess, if you want to get technical, the VIP passes are also reserved for gold tickets at well but you don't need to have a gold ticket to put in a bid on them. They'll just make you upgrade to a gold ticket (or pay the difference between the gold and the ticket you already have) if you win the VIP pass option.

As far as the vendors room, I'm sure Creation would love to have more vendors in there since that would be more profit for them but if outside vendors don't want to come in, I don't think there's much Creation can really do about that. They can't force someone to rent space and sell.
                              Julia
                              --------------------
                              http://www.seshatplace.com/

Comment

Working...
                              X