No announcement yet.

2015 Creation Entertainment Stargate Convention - Chicago August 14-16

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Really? The prices I quoted were directly from the convention page for last year's con.

Comment

From the convention page:
      General admission tickets are available at the door for $20 on Friday and $40 on Saturday and Sunday

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. Carson Beckett View Post
        Really? The prices I quoted were directly from the convention page for last year's con.
        Those might have been the preferred admission?
        sigpic

Comment

Thanks all! I will keep an eye out for the ST GA tickets to go on sale. Wouldn't mind trying to go in on Saturday or Sunday, but if I don't make it that's ok too. It seems like the ST conventions seem to not be at risk for ending anytime soon like the SG ones do. And even though I have some favorite ST characters none of them are quite like my SG favorite. I would be happy to see anyone that day.

Comment

Originally posted by Vecturist View Post
            Those might have been the preferred admission?
            I don't know what it was, but I cannot find the prices I had listed. The Preferred admission for last year was close, $40 for Friday and $70 for Saturday/Sunday. I guess I read something wrong due to the late hour.

On a different note, even though it is really trivial, does anybody know why they are referring to non-Las Vegas Star Trek cons as "Creation Entertainment's Salute to Star Trek"? It just seems odd considering they call the Las Vegas con the "Official" con So, other than cramming in 100+ guests and making it impossible to see or do everything, how is it any less "official" than the cons which aren't glorified sardine tins?

Comment

On a different note, even though it is really trivial, does anybody know why they are referring to non-Las Vegas Star Trek cons as "Creation Entertainment's Salute to Star Trek"? It just seems odd considering they call the Las Vegas con the "Official" con So, other than cramming in 100+ guests and making it impossible to see or do everything, how is it any less "official" than the cons which aren't glorified sardine tins?
              Are the other Cons normally referred to as "official" for the Star Trek? I read something a while ago that said something about 2016 being like the 50 year anniversary or something for Star Trek. I think in that they said something about not doing all of the normal Star Trek Cons this year so that they can put their energy into next year's Vegas Official Con.

But, I don't remember where I read that and since I've never been to one I'm not really sure I know anything helpful. I just remember reading something along that line. I have a really good friend who is also a Star Trek fan and we've talked about trying to make a Con....and next year would probably be a really cool (and totally crazy one) to go to.

Comment

All of Creations Star Trek cons are officially sanctioned by Paramount. 2016 is the 50th anniversary of the premiere of Star Trek which is why there are a limited amount of cons this year. Creation has said that they're gearing up to do it big in 2016.
                Julia
                --------------------
                http://www.seshatplace.com/

Comment

I don't know what it was, but I cannot find the prices I had listed. The Preferred admission for last year was close, $40 for Friday and $70 for Saturday/Sunday. I guess I read something wrong due to the late hour.

I wonder that myself about the Star Trek cons

Comment

Originally posted by beacon View Post
                    All of Creations Star Trek cons are officially sanctioned by Paramount. 2016 is the 50th anniversary of the premiere of Star Trek which is why there are a limited amount of cons this year. Creation has said that they're gearing up to do it big in 2016.
                    That would be a fantastic one to go to! 50 years already! I'm getting old, watching TOS seems like only yesterday for me! It won't be long until we hit SG-1's 20th anniversary, time is going by too fast for me now. Stargate's 10th anniversary Creation con in Vancouver was the first con I'd ever been to and it was packed to the rafters! I can only imagine what the Star Trek 50th will be like!

I think I'm quite happy to see William Shatner and Brent Spiner (Data) at the Vancouver Fan Expo con in April in a less hectic environment.

Comment

It's so quiet here. Is everyone sleeping? The last post was Feb 21st and it is now the 27th. Where did everyone go? LOL

OK.....you can go back to sleep now. The crazy women is leaving now.

Comment

Update! David Blue has been added.
                        John Sheppard - thunkable, whumpable but absolutely NOT shippable - he's mine and I'm keeping him.

sigpic
                        sig and avi by mrscopterdoc for Secret Santa 2015
                        Recommended Sheppard/Team Sheppard Fics

Comment

Great News!

Comment

It says update on March 10th but what was changd?

Comment

It looks like all pages that use the same template have a March 10 update date. It was probably something in the header, footer, or sidebar of the template.
                              Julia
                              --------------------
                              http://www.seshatplace.com/

Comment

The only thing I noticed was two more rows of gold seats were added.

Comment

Working...
                                X