Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DOCTOR WHO Themed Restaurant.........The Pandorica in New York

http://www.neatorama.com/2014/08/14/...cebook#!bEmqxJ

Total nerdgasm and envy going on here...
    Go home aliens, go home!!!!

The nerd in me says - wow...

The economist in me says... I hope their food tastes REALLY good or they'll be broke in 6 months...

And to think I was kinda fuzzy inside just cos I saw Day of and Time of the Doctor DVDs on the shelf at KMart today... (as opposed to a specialst DVD stockist)
    back on YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/@The-Cosmic-Hobo
    "How Doomsday Should Have Ended!" • "Bigger on the Inside?" • "The Doctor Falls - With Hartnell!"
    "The War Games - In 10 Minutes" • "Announcement of Jon Pertwee's death" •
    and lots more!

Comment

I'm surprised the "of the Doctor" trilogy(plus Night) hasn't been released together in this big, 50th anniversary package.
      "I have never understood why it should be necessary to become irrational in order to prove that you care... or why it should be necessary to prove it at all."

Comment

So I'm thinking... okay, New York... probably the CITY. No problem, an hour train ride from here. We can make a day of it. Been quite a while since I've been to my old stomping grounds anyway. I clicked on the link to see where it was, and lo and behold! It's practically in my back yard!!! I mean, it's about a 30 minute ride from where I currently live. Could have knocked me over with a feather! So, this Wednesday coming, we're going to head over to Beacon (the town it's in) and check it out.

Cosmichobo I'm with you on the 'hope their food tastes really good...' because that is pretty high for what they're serving. There's lots of good eating places around there, so competition is on the hefty side. On the other hand, the whole themed thing would be worth one trip at least.
        Last edited by raduzhok; 18 August 2014, 10:05 AM.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by raduzhok View Post
          So, this Wednesday coming, we're going to head over to Beacon (the town it's in) and check it out.
          Oh how cool, can't wait to read what you thought of it!
          sigpic

Comment

So I'm thinking... okay, New York... probably the CITY. No problem, an hour train ride from here. We can make a day of it. Been quite a while since I've been to my old stomping grounds anyway. I clicked on the link to see where it was, and lo and behold! It's practically in my back yard!!! I mean, it's about a 30 minute ride from where I currently live. Could have knocked me over with a feather! So, this Wednesday coming, we're going to head over to Beacon (the town it's in) and check it out.

Cosmichobo I'm with you on the 'hope their food tastes really good...' because that pretty high for what they're serving. There's lots of good eating places around there, so competition is on the hefty side. On the other hand, the whole themed thing would be worth one trip at least.

Don't forget to review the food and take pictures

Comment

Originally posted by rushy View Post
              I'm surprised the "of the Doctor" trilogy(plus Night) hasn't been released together in this big, 50th anniversary package.
              It has...
              http://www.bbcshop.com/doctor-who/do...nvt/bbcdvd3933

Comment

Miiiiiiiiiiine!!!!!
                Well it would be, if I could afford it.

Ach well. It's good to know it's there.
                "I have never understood why it should be necessary to become irrational in order to prove that you care... or why it should be necessary to prove it at all."

Comment

We got as far as the front door. The place was packed (it's a small place inside), but there was a very long wait. Since it went viral on facebook, it's become a tourist mecca. You couldn't get inside, because they locked the door to keep those not yet seated out. There were people waiting at tables outside. They come and get you, when a table becomes available, and take names for the new arrivals. We did look inside through the front windows, and they had a big screen tv showing either a doctor who episode, or a trailer of one. We'll be going back another time.
                  sigpic

Comment

We got as far as the front door. The place was packed (it's a small place inside), but there was a very long wait. Since it went viral on facebook, it's become a tourist mecca. You couldn't get inside, because they locked the door to keep those not yet seated out. There were people waiting at tables outside. They come and get you, when a table becomes available, and take names for the new arrivals. We did look inside through the front windows, and they had a big screen tv showing either a doctor who episode, or a trailer of one. We'll be going back another time.

Yes you gotta go and see if you can get inside...... And take photos

Comment

We got as far as the front door. The place was packed (it's a small place inside), but there was a very long wait.
                      Aw that's a shame. At least it's near you and you can try again without a plane ticket or something!

If I designed it I'd make do some kind of optical illusion hocus pocus so that it looked small from the outside but was giant on the inside.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
                        Yes you gotta go and see if you can get inside...... And take photos
                        oh yes, we're going back. It might be easier as the cold weather sets in, after the leaves have fallen, because autumn up here is another draw from folks from all over. And definitely will be taking pictures.

Originally posted by min min light View Post
                        Aw that's a shame. At least it's near you and you can try again without a plane ticket or something!

If I designed it I'd make do some kind of optical illusion hocus pocus so that it looked small from the outside but was giant on the inside.
                        It's very near, comparatively speaking

I think your design would be right in keeping with the theme. The problem is the store front it's in, can't be expanded unless the owners were able to buy up the properties on either side. Then that would work. When I go back, I'll have to see if there is a 2nd floor. That would be even better... if they could make the space into a loft as well. I think they have mirrors on one whole wall, and paintings on the other. The mirrors would at least give the illusion of bigger inside.
                        sigpic

Comment

That does sound cool! Love your sig by the way.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by min min light View Post
                            That does sound cool! Love your sig by the way.
                            Thank you!
                            sigpic

Comment

It looks really great, seems to be a victim of its own success though! Hopefully you'll get in eventually radhuzok and give us a review.

One thing that is missing, there are no "round things" on the wall!

Comment

Working...
                              X