Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stargate 3D printing fan projects

Hi!

I have found some websites about 3D printing, it seems it will be the future technology in our daily life, and I found some Stargate projects printed in 3D, but the question is if anybody have tried to print in 3D some Stargate props, and if you know some website about what type of 3D software is the best for design, and if you haven't a 3D printer where is it possible to print.

On follow link http://p.twipple.jp/wdthj there is a cool project of a 3D Stargate printed.

Other related link: Wikipedia: 3D printing

Thanks!

I've seen some 3D printed parts for an R2-D2 droid, and I have to say the quality was not really that good. I guess, it all depends on the quality of the printer. I know of a professional lab near where I live that has a high quality 3D printer for industrial use.

My city also has a fablab, which has several machineries, including a 3D-printer, for people to come and use for personal projects. The only thing they ask is that you put your project online for others to see and possibly use.

I know one guy who ordered a 3D-printer (don't know whether it has arrived or not - haven't spoken to him since June 14th).

3D-programs used: Autodesk Maya and 3Ds MAX, Autocad, Blender ... (I have basic knowledge of the first two, Pharaoh Hamenthotep has intense knowledge of the third).
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Lies, PH has intense knowledge of nothing.

(I kid, she is a great artist)
      sigpic
      ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
      A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
      The truth isn't the truth

Comment

I think your first statement has more merit
        Originally posted by aretood2
        Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
          I think your first statement has more merit
          They are both compatible with Jel-logic, you see artists as useless anyway, no matter their skill.
          sigpic
          ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
          A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
          The truth isn't the truth

Comment

I recently ran across a site where someone purchased a 3D printout model of a Goa'uld Ha'tak mothership. The model was quite detailed and beautifully painted. Here's a link: http://www.therpf.com/f9/my-prop-rep...7/index79.html

Comment

The RPF -- I love that site. I try not to visit too often cause I always find something I want, and then money goes away...

BUT HOLY HANNAH, that ship looks AWESOMESAUCE!!

Comment

I know what you mean. I'm very tempted to see how much it is to buy one, but then I remember that paying for classes comes first... The Ha'tak has to be one of the coolest ship designs in scifi.

Comment

looking around in that thread....holy crap that guy has a lot of props!

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
                    looking around in that thread....holy crap that guy has a lot of props!
                    It is The Replica Prop Forum for a reason...

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                      I've seen some 3D printed parts for an R2-D2 droid, and I have to say the quality was not really that good. I guess, it all depends on the quality of the printer. I know of a professional lab near where I live that has a high quality 3D printer for industrial use.

My city also has a fablab, which has several machineries, including a 3D-printer, for people to come and use for personal projects. The only thing they ask is that you put your project online for others to see and possibly use.

I know one guy who ordered a 3D-printer (don't know whether it has arrived or not - haven't spoken to him since June 14th).

3D-programs used: Autodesk Maya and 3Ds MAX, Autocad, Blender ... (I have basic knowledge of the first two, Pharaoh Hamenthotep has intense knowledge of the third).
                      First time visiting the thread... and everyone is talking about me

I can model just about anything

But I don't have a 3D printer.. Saving up for one though.. at the current rate it will take until.. the end of time

Unless anyone wants to help?

Comment

I've 3D Printed a Stargate

http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l1...ps42747f1c.jpg

http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l1...ps5250a9bb.jpg

More info on it is available here: http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:571853

Video of it working here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JDSCKgwPn2k

Comment

Wow, looks great!

Comment

Working...
                          X