Stargate in new DC comics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stargate in new DC comics

I was reading the just out "Superman-Wonder Woman Annual 01" that came out today. Saw something that looked like it belonged somewhere else..

stargate_zpsd7bffb37.jpg

LOL.

Not a stargate at all..............
    sigpic
    ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
    A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
    The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Doesn't Halo also have some giant ring like structure? Never played it.

Comment

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
        LOL.

Not a stargate at all..............
        Imagine some chevrons on it and it actually comes pretty close.

EDIT:

it HAS got chevrons. They're not as explicit as on a Stargate, but you can see them.

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
          Imagine some chevrons on it and it actually comes pretty close.

EDIT:

it HAS got chevrons. They're not as explicit as on a Stargate, but you can see them.
          Yep, it's a stargate, a stargate being pimped by DC comics.
          How much pop culture acceptance do you need?
          sigpic
          ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
          A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
          The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Since Batman has so much prep time. What he does is make a Stargate. Because he is a fan of the TV Show & when he sees a Solar Flare is near by. He figures out how to control time travel & every time things dont go his way. He goes back & then back to his time. Until the world becomes Batman Earth. Instead of Planet Earth

Comment

Originally posted by TheRandomOne View Post
              Since Batman has so much prep time. What he does is make a Stargate. Because he is a fan of the TV Show & when he sees a Solar Flare is near by. He figures out how to control time travel & every time things dont go his way. He goes back & then back to his time. Until the world becomes Batman Earth. Instead of Planet Earth
              Whatever you smoked, can i have some?

Comment

Speaking of DC and Stargate, Ronan = Aquaman? Anyone?

Nice find by the OP, very cool, though I haven't quite gotten to that storyline yet.

Comment

I'm reading New 52 as it's coming out, and not only they showed that Stargate, but in this particular event they use the first page in every issue for a little "previously on..." in the form of a Lois Lane report, and they actually name it as a Stargate.

In fact since the event is covered in several series you usually get 2 issues of it in the same week, and I opened the last issue and read about the Stargate first, so I thought it would be a transporting device in similar form to a Stargate, to then read the Superman - Wonder Woman annual and see the full blown thing, with chevrons and all.

Was pretty and gladly suprised.

Comment

Originally posted by Molitro View Post
                    I'm reading New 52 as it's coming out, and not only they showed that Stargate, but in this particular event they use the first page in every issue for a little "previously on..." in the form of a Lois Lane report, and they actually name it as a Stargate.
                    Have you got a photo or link or something? This I have to see!!!
                    "Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinded critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all." Isaac Asimov

Comment

Working...
                    X