No announcement yet.

Shore Leave 37 Aug 7-9 2015

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So do you all drive to the con hotel each day or do you stay at the hotel for the weekend?
    Please help my dragon eggs CLICK HERE My fanfics

Comment

A friend and I share a room at the hotel. I'd probably opt to do that even if I lived closer, it makes the weekend more of a mini-vacation. (We've sometimes referred to Shore Leave as our girls' weekend away that happens to be at a convention.)

Comment

Cool. I meet up with some friends I have met there over the years and I have a blast hanging out with them during the weekend.

Comment

Any one else get their confirmation letter yet?

Comment

I got mine last month.

In double checking, I realized the subject line is for "Shore Leave 27," so perhaps I got mine ten years late?

Comment

Originally posted by kimberlyrose View Post
              I got mine last month.

In double checking, I realized the subject line is for "Shore Leave 27," so perhaps I got mine ten years late?
              OMG mine says the same thing in the subject line lol

Comment

Check out the conventions FB page as that god awful rugs are no longer there! And what till you see what is there in it's place. WOW!

Comment

Definitely an improvement. A couple of friends were in a renovated room last year, the hotel's definitely going all out with the equestrian theme.

Comment

Good I like that kind of theme. I don't think the old rooms even had a theme.

Comment

I think the theme of the old carpet was "acid trip," does that count?

Comment

So how does this con work? I couldn't find a guest list on the web site. How do you know you want to register to go if you don't know who will be appearing? We've only had experience with Creation cons at this point.....but I can't justify the cost to go to Chicago again.

Comment

Originally posted by rkgardner2003 View Post
                          So how does this con work? I couldn't find a guest list on the web site. How do you know you want to register to go if you don't know who will be appearing? We've only had experience with Creation cons at this point.....but I can't justify the cost to go to Chicago again.
                          They don't announce the media guests till Feb/Marchish but you need to book a room first so you don't miss out on the con and this con is way cheaper the the Creation cons.Also this one is run by the fans so things are done way different then the bigger cons as they are not as rushed and you have more time with the guests.

First guests have been announced see first post for who they are.
                          Last edited by Jedi40; 24 February 2015, 09:54 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by kimberlyrose View Post
                            I think the theme of the old carpet was "acid trip," does that count?
                            Yeah that works

Comment

Greetings! I have my registration confirmed for #12! I have my room reserved at the con hotel! Last year my roomie and I were bumped from the con hotel and stayed at the Embassy Suites. Very nice and with a free buffet breakfast but the con hotel is the way to go!
                              sigpic

Comment

That is great news nell

New guest update in the OP.

Comment

Working...
                                X