Lifetime's The Lottery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lifetime's The Lottery

Well, 2 weeks into this series, and i am actually liking it.
    Surprised that our heroine (the doctor/scientist) went along with the plan/speech she was given after all her standing up to them, though i hated it that she gave up that vial she had saved/stored.
    Also liking the skullduggery of the chief of staff Darius hayes (played by Martin donovan). He is turning out to be one messed up bad guy.

I watched this last week and fully intended to watch it this week, until I found out it was on at the same time as "Falling Skies".

After watching last week, and seeing the theme of no one having babies, I immediately thought of the Aschen.

Comment

I'm watching it and liking it so far. Yes it does conflict with Falling skies,so last night I watched the Lottery at 9 pm and the 2nd airing of falling skies at 11.
      As far as why the Dr went along with the plan/speech
      Spoiler:
      they threatened her co-worker whose key card she stole even though she insisted he had nothing to do with it(and he didn't) she wasn't as worried about herself but they said they would charge him as an assessory to stealing the embryo which is a serious crime/felony and apparently he is innocent but they don't know/care about that- so she gave in for his sake only, really.
      Can't see Kyle staying on the run for long

Comment

While that is true, wasn't it her co-worker who was telling her that he was all for her doing what she should have done, and he knew there might be issues?
        Also one thing i would love to see them address. In the Pilot during the bar hopping scene, there was mention of "Day beds" in those bars for quick hook ups.. So have they eradicated all STDs? Or cause of the infertility issue don't people care about them?

And i was like you Perelandra. I watched this, then caught the 2nd running of falling skies.

Comment

^^That's a good question about STDs. It would be nice if the show had addressed that but I guess maybe they figured the possibility of a pregnancy-since no child has been born for 6 years)- might even trump the possibility of catching an STD. Maybe we're to assume STDS have been eradicated?(It's 2025, right?)Myabe they figue the old fashioned way still might yield results better than the lab Invitro trials?
          As for the colleague, I'm assuming she still wants to protect him even though he was all for her plan, as he actually wasn't in on it per se (i.e. didn't know she stole his card and stole the embryo)

Comment

Here is hoping it gets addressed in an upcoming episode.

Comment

Missed last weeks ep, but caught this weeks. Interesting to say the least.
              Spoiler:
              So both Kyle (sperm doner guy) and the egg doner gal were somehow infected with an inert bubonic plague prior to the onset of this global sterilization.. Makes me wonder who the heck did it. Perhaps the same 'department of humanity' that is wanting to control the 100 embryos?
              And i like the skullduggery the show has. Keeping me interested

Comment

Well this weeks Ep was somewhat strange to say the least..
                No suprise the head of the 'department of we have no idea what the heck humanity is" coerced that one judge on the 3-judge panel, to vote against both parents in the case against the dept of humanity. BUT when you have the dept of humanity itself representing itself (the judges) it imo was a foregone conclusion what the result would be.
                And i loved the meet n greet with all the gals, but it was definitely rushed.

Comment

Well, another ep down, and more skullduggery. This show is keeping me hooked.

Comment

Working...
                  X