X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There is an edit button yknow

Comment

Originally posted by StargateWatcher View Post
      Yes; the Go'auld impacted the myth of Yu for CDhinese mythology, but what about THE ANCIENTS having done this, as SGM suggest? Which Chinese mythological figure did they inspire?
      The episode about the harsesis, Maternal Instinct I think it was, they found the temple that the Ancients, Oma in particular, were in charge of. Daniel said that he thinks the aliens who ran the place may have had some impact on Buddhism.

sigpic
      Stargate spin off series: Stargate Millennium
      https://www.fanfiction.net/u/5580179/StargateMillennium

Comment

Except that Buddha wasn't Chinese. He was Indian.
        Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Nepalese.

Comment

Originally posted by KEK View Post
            Nepalese.
            He was born in what is now Nepal, but died in what is now India... so we're both right.

Comment

Fans complained enough that SGA was a SG1 ripoff. I think including a lot of mythology to SGA would just add fuel to the fire.
              Originally posted by aretood2
              Jelgate is right

Comment

But there's no mythology... they would have had to invent it. Although, Daniel once said the Ancients were the builders of roads. So maybe they could have gone with Roman or Greek mythology. Perhaps.

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                  But there's no mythology... they would have had to invent it. Although, Daniel once said the Ancients were the builders of roads. So maybe they could have gone with Roman or Greek mythology. Perhaps.
                  Atlantean mythology more or less gives access to all of Greek mythology. The greek pantheon, the titans, giants, and half a billion other creative hybrid creatures.

SGA did have one part of greek mythology right: most monsters and troubles were made by the gods themselves.

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
                    Atlantean mythology more or less gives access to all of Greek mythology. The greek pantheon, the titans, giants, and half a billion other creative hybrid creatures.
                    Could have gotten interesting, them running into Medusa.

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
                    SGA did have one part of greek mythology right: most monsters and troubles were made by the gods themselves.
                    Yup, that is indeed true.

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                      Could have gotten interesting, them running into Medusa.
                      If you consider the position of the greek gods and their predecessors, the whole Wraith-Ancient relationship isn't even that weird. The Gods overthrew the Titans. The Titans came first, the gods born from them. The only thing out of place is that the relationship is reversed. (that is, Titans=ancients yet ancients = inspired by gods)

Comment

Daniel Jackson and Thor explain on "The fifth race" episode of Stargate SG1 season 2 who were the ancients, certainly it was a very good episode.

Comment

Here's a thought. What if they cover the animals of ancient mythology, saying that they were actually alien creatures? Maybe when the Ancients moved to the Milky Way they imported some of these animals from another galaxy and the humans remembered and created myths about them.

sigpic
                          Stargate spin off series: Stargate Millennium
                          https://www.fanfiction.net/u/5580179/StargateMillennium

Comment

Originally posted by StargateMillennium View Post
                            Here's a thought. What if they cover the animals of ancient mythology, saying that they were actually alien creatures? Maybe when the Ancients moved to the Milky Way they imported some of these animals from another galaxy and the humans remembered and created myths about them.
                            That's an interesting idea, but if that were the case, why is there no archaeological evidence of that on Earth?

But more mythology on SGA would have been great.
                            They could have explored Greek, Celtic and Roman mythology, which were influenced by the Ancients and mentioned in SG1 but except for Arthurian legend never explored in much depth. They also encountered the Asgard in Season 5, which would have opened up the possibility for more Norse mythology.

Comment

This is something I wondered too if they would've had more mythology in the series Weir would've had more to do
                              sigpic
                              My Favorite Scifi/Fantasy T.V. Shows, Movies, Franchises, My Sports Teams & My Fav Sitcom
                              poundpuppy29 AKA Erika = Astrology Nut, Scifi-Fantasy Junkie & Massachusetts Girl

Comment

I played around with Greek mythology for a while in my head and how it would fit in the Stargate universe.

I thought maybe certain events could have played out somewhere in the gap between the Ancients returning to Earth (after abandoning Atlantis) and their eventual ascension. Some time after they returned to Earth they began construction of a new city Alympus (Olympus) and as they were interacting with the primitive Humans on Earth these Humans started to refer to the Anceints as the Altitans (A mispronunciation of Alterans) but due to the war with the Wraith and everything else that was going on the Altitans started to become divided in their believes and some even started to shift towards the Ori's way of thinking, this group of opposite thinkers were referred to as the Ori-pians (Ori followers, Olympians). After a big disagreement and possible civil war the Olympians stole the Altitans new city and fled Earth on Olympus. Afterwards the Altitans (Ancients) gave up, not wanting to get in to more conflict or an all out war again, so they just remained on Earth and eventually ascended.

I also thought of some of the creatures in Greek mythology like the Gorgons could be a sub-species of the Goa'uld, Medusa was a Gorgon but she's mainly seen as a woman with snakes on her head - not taken so literally she could in fact be a woman with a "snake" IN her head. Host to a Gorgon.

I also thought SGU mythology could be connected to the ancient astronaut theory some how :\

Comment

Working...
                                X