The Stargate audiobooks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Stargate audiobooks

Hi everyone. I sporadically watched some episodes of SG-1 and then Atlantis while they were airing (especially in 2004-2006 period) but missed a lot of the previous seasons of SG-1. So, when I saw I could watch them online at Amazon I did the entire 10 seasons, the movies again and the whole of SGA.
    It took like 6 months I think!

Anyway, after finishing it all I discovered I really missed SG-1 in particular. I saw that Michael Shanks and Claudia Black had done some Stargate audiobooks together again as Daniel and Vala, probably my favorite characters in addition to Carter...so far Amanda Tapping hasn't done any audiobooks
    They are basic Stargate fare, kind of like an episode with all the sound effects just fewer actors and of course no screen!

I didn't see them mentioned here and I wondered if anyone else listened.

There are audiobooks with stories around other characters too, supporting cast like Zelenka and Janet, but I haven't gotten into them so far.

I'm a big fan of most of them. You can find some discussion on them here: http://forum.gateworld.net/threads/4...ate-Audiobooks!

Comment

I loved the Zero Point and Meltdown, both are about Zelenka
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Starsaber View Post
        I'm a big fan of most of them. You can find some discussion on them here: http://forum.gateworld.net/threads/4...ate-Audiobooks!
        Thank you for that. I searched the forums before posting but I didn't see that thread.

Comment

I love the audio stories too. I haven't gotten around to getting season 3.2 yet but from the sounds of it the lack of interest on our part means they wont be doing anymore.
          sigpic
          Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

Originally posted by Elite Anubis Guard View Post
            I love the audio stories too. I haven't gotten around to getting season 3.2 yet but from the sounds of it the lack of interest on our part means they wont be doing anymore.
            I didn't like 3.2 as much as 3.1, but it still wasn't bad.

Comment

Originally posted by Starsaber View Post
              I didn't like 3.2 as much as 3.1, but it still wasn't bad.
              I've not listened to 'Series & 2', which are all audio books, however, I have listened to Series 3.1 - which is a full cast audio drama. It was entertaining enough, but alas, the lack of funds available to purchase the rights to the actual Sg1 theme tune really does hamper the product. Music is essential, and the SG1 theme is a core part of the feel of the show. Consequently, not having it really does the series a disservice.

In terms of content, as stated, I relatively enjoyed S3.1, but given I'm not the biggest Vaniel fan, it didn't push all the buttons for me. I'd have rather have had an SG-3 audio drama instead tbh.... But hey. Cliff Simon's role in the drama was welcome, however. At some point I will get round to S3.2, but not for a while.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Working...
              X