Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Future Earth vs. the Goa'uld and Ori

Hey all,

I was thinking of this, lets say in the future when we have ships that we built and we go among the stars and colonize planets and have our own starship fleet. What do you think the outcome would be of future us vs them? Do you think we could've ended the Goa'uld a lot sooner or would we have lost due to over confidence or other reasons? Do you think we could've put up a real against the Ori before the Ark of Truth? Do you think the Asgard would think better of us like they finally were coming around at season 8 when we had Prometheus? Do you think the Nox would've liked us more, or still thought of us as being too young? What do you think the Stargate Series would've been like with the future us?

You'd probably have to be more specific in your scenario. Are you talking about the hypothetical future of real life Earth vs the fictional Goa'uld?
    "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

The Goa'uld would have brought all their fire power against Earth straight away in the same way they did with the Tollan and any other civilisation they deemed too advanced and therefore a threat to them. They wouldn't have ignored Earth if they'd come across them as a space faring race. It was only the fact that Earth was way behind technologically that they didn't know about us, and it allowed Earth to be underestimated from the start which saved Earth.

Earth would always be thought of as 'young' by the Nox all the while they used technology for making war against those they felt threatened by or with the idea of 'keeping the peace'. The Nox had advanced to the stage where such thinking had been long forgotten and had a different view of what living in peace meant that less evolved races would not understand.

As for the Ori; with their arrival, if Earth hadn't been completely defeated by the Goa'uld they would be battle weary and I don't think they could have fought back easily. Plus I'm presuming that if we are looking at a 'future' Earth that built its own ships to colonise other planets they didn't really use the Stargates so probably would never have found the ancient repository of knowledge by accident. As a result they wouldn't have found out about the Ancients to use their technology against the Ori. I think the Ori would have defeated a future Earth.

Further to this I also think the Asgard wouldn't have bothered checking in on the human race again any time soon if it hadn't been for Jack coming across that Ancient repository of knowledge.

I guess it would be SGU without ending up on Destiny and staying in the Milky Way to see Earth battling the Goa'uld and Ori instead of the Lucian Alliance!

Comment

The series would be pretty much the same, with some things probably looking differently - The Goa'uld would be more advanced and would have had the chance and ability to steal all Ancient knowledge from SGC. That would lead to an never-ending battle, because both sides would have the same technology and knowledge at their disposal.

The Asgard would still be, well... them. So there's that.

As for the Ori... I guess they would just sit and watch the Earth vs. Goa'uld war for a while before making their own move. They would't be afraid of the Goa'uld anymore, nor wouldn't see them as a threat. So I'm guessing the Ori would still somehow help bring Goa'ulds down, but then Earth would still be screwed, since they would take both Goa'uld and Ancient knowledge and double-cross SGC anyway. Also, the Ori would take advantage of the secrecy of the Stargate program and I'm guessing SGC would try to stop the Ori from blowing their cover, but would fail in the end.

I'd rather think about what would happen post-SGU. Would Stargate Command (or whatever would it be called at the time) take the risk and go public? How would the public react to everything? What could be the consequences for SG-1, the SGA expedition and the Destiny crew? And how would the Earth look like 100 years from now, with the SG program public and the population technologically advanced? How would that affect Earth's allies, especially the Jaffa, the Ori and others?

Personally, I like the way the series went and I'm glad we got what we've got. A book is better than a movie.

Comment

Do you think we could've ended the Goa'uld a lot sooner or would we have lost due to over confidence or other reasons?
          the only reason we won vs goa'uld is because the asgard made us a protected planet. Unless we screw up stuff in teh future too and meet the asgard, the Goa'uld will knock on the door with 50 ha'tak and blow us up no contest

Do you think we could've put up a real against the Ori before the Ark of Truth?
          Nope, our weapons would still be useless

Do you think the Asgard would think better of us like they finally were coming around at season 8 when we had Prometheus?
          no. It's a miracle they even decided to side with us. in the future we may not have been dumb enough to use the Repository and meet the Asgard -which was the reason they were impressed with us to begin with-.

Do you think the Nox would've liked us more, or still thought of us as being too young?
          It had nothing to do with tech.

Comment

Earth owes most everything to the generosity of the Asgard. The Protected Planets treaty is the reason the Goa'uld didn't just crush them and their ships are useful compared to other spacefaring races is because the Asgard gifted humanity their technology.

On their own, Earth would be helpless.
            "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

The only reason Earth lasted was because of luck and accidents. O'Neill just happened to be the one who got his head grabbed and meet the Asgard who decide to protect Earth from being instantly crushed. If it was some other bloke or if O'Neill hadn't been 'advanced' enough or if the Asgard didn't decide to help Earth, then we'd have gotten crushed. The ships Earth had in stargate had a lot of alien and Asgard tech in them. This makes them superior to the first space ships Earth will spit out.
              Earth was getting owned with Asgard-modified 304's against the Ori. The more primitive ships wouldn't stand a chance.

"You're species has great potential"
              -an Asgard
              (Too bad humans tend to squander that potential).

The Nox called a group of good hearted people young. Imagine how they'll react if they get a good glimpse of Earth.

sigpic
              Stargate spin off series: Stargate Millennium
              https://www.fanfiction.net/u/5580179/StargateMillennium

Comment

Working...
              X