Design your weapons!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Design your weapons!

This post is for anyone who wants to design a Star gate weapon and explain how it functions, its range, energy type, etc. This is for Star gate weapons only, so plasma, ion, and of course projectile weapons are all welcome.

New weapon?

Ion rifle, its design based on the ion guns the Asgard used to have on their ships, shrunk so that it can be carried by a person. Made to be light, accurate, and have maximum impact per shot.
    Its weaknesses? It has a relatively slow rate of fire; the weapon needs to cool itself after each shot. And, each bolt of charged particles is relatively slow moving (so, pretty much like every other energy weapon we see).
    Three settings. No stun, just 'snap', 'crackle', and 'pop'. By changing the settings, you are actually adjusting the yield of each shot.

At its lowest yield, the sheer amount of energy from the charged particles instantly cooks what it hits, making only a snap on impact. Made for precision shots. You want to hit a target without damaging the environment.

At medium yield, the impact creates a small explosion that will leave smoldering craters the size of fists. Wounds in targets are instantly cauterized with a crackling noise after being hit. Don't even need to hit the target. Just hit the ground and the blast will injure the target.

At maximum yield, the impact is a fairly large blast that will leave craters the size of watermelons. When hitting soft fleshy targets, the sheer force of the impact will demolish tissue. In the eyes of the shooter, their target simply popped.

sigpic
    Stargate spin off series: Stargate Millennium
    https://www.fanfiction.net/u/5580179/StargateMillennium

Comment

I like it! How does it function? Is there an emitter crystal of some sort? A lot of Asgard technology seemed to use crystals. Does it fire ionized kiron particles perhaps?

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin247 View Post
        Does it fire ionized kiron particles perhaps?
        Uhm.... a Kiron is an energy particle. Like a photon. You can't ionize that.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin247 View Post
          I like it! How does it function? Is there an emitter crystal of some sort? A lot of Asgard technology seemed to use crystals. Does it fire ionized kiron particles perhaps?
          Well, the design would be a little sketchy but I was thinking of using an electromagnetic field to launch the ionized particles. This same field would also maintain their bolt, so the particles do not instantly scatter upon firing.

The ionized particles would preferably be naquadah. I don't know the chemical make up of naquadah but I don't think it'll like having excessive electrons.

The settings dictate the amount of particles being fired and the degree of ionization.

sigpic

Comment

Hi, I'm new here and thought I could start here with posting. I'm actually from Germany by the Way.

My Idea would be a Kind of Plasma Riffle, it would most likely be like a Standard SG Weapon, P90 I believe it is called, but have a Liquid Naquada Core for Ammunition. Because of simpler Design and smaller Size it wouldn't be that difficult to use and much more Effective then Staff Weapons.
            If the Staff Weapon Base was used but combined with the Containment Fields used by the Asgard Plasma Beams the Weapon would be several Times more deadly than a Jaffa Staff Weapon.
            On a Side Note: Earth has now Matter Synthesizers right? And Sensors that can analyse something with no Effort, why don't they use that to create ZPM and Drones, or at least Drones? That would work from what I see because the Disruptor Weapon was build the same Way.

Comment

Originally posted by F.F.Creator View Post
              On a Side Note: Earth has now Matter Synthesizers right? And Sensors that can analyse something with no Effort, why don't they use that to create ZPM and Drones, or at least Drones? That would work from what I see because the Disruptor Weapon was build the same Way.
              Well it assumes a number of things. Given that the ancients too understood the underlying principles of Beaming tech, it may be that they protected their technology from actual duplication technology.

In the case of a ZPM it's much easier though: you couldn't create full ZPM's. Conservation of energy dictates that the energy to make the ZPM, would be equal or higher than the energy you'd gain from the ZPM.

Comment

is an ionized particle weapon more powerful than a plain particle weapon?
                If you're interested in reading my longest fanfic story, which is an action/adventure story involving the elusive Furlings (as well as if you want to read the others), please click the link below.
                [URL="http://www.fanfiction.net/s/6888222/1/Tauri_Furling_First_Contact_and_Alliance[/URL]

RIP Sep 2010 to beloved gateworld.net member and forum contributor Weedle, very skilled soldier with military special operations, a wonderful human being, and a friend to so many on gateworld. May we keep his memory close.

Comment

Originally posted by StargateWatcher View Post
                  is an ionized particle weapon more powerful than a plain particle weapon?
                  Not necessarily.

Power largely depends on how many watts you pump into your gun.

Ion weapons have the advantage that they easily accelerate (because the electromagnetic force is pretty strong). Plain particles use a similar mechanism to ion weapons, but they neutralize the beam after acceleration. The use of this is that equal charged particles repel eachother, so an ion bolt would rapidly "bloom" (fall apart). A neutral beam does not have this problem. The difficulty comes from the neutralization which can mess with the coherency of the beam and thus still cause it to fall apart.

Comment

Ultimate Nullifier

nullifies everything. 'nuf said

Comment

if i have zpms then i can make ships and soldiers for earth which are unbeatable, but i would need all the databases and atleast rodney's level of intelligence

Comment

Originally posted by destiny khan View Post
                        if i have zpms then i can make ships and soldiers for earth which are unbeatable, but i would need all the databases and atleast rodney's level of intelligence
                        Wraith hybrids in kull suits?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by StargateMillennium View Post
                          Wraith hybrids in kull suits?
                          i would make iron man suits... very very easily... which will have shields and inertial dampener(kind of moronic in the comics anyways, as you cannot take punches from thor and be okay as the g forces would crush you without such tech). These suits would have the capability of entering and exiting a planet's orbit... it could have relatively good energy weapons on the same scale as actual iron man if not more(naqudah power suits would be far far more advanced than what iron man has). Also with intertial dampners(dampeners and "space" tech it won't be hard to exit or enter earth's atmosphere). Inertial dampeners not only help in alleviating the effects of extreme gravity but also help in manipulating weight so to make you too damn light or heavy when need be.

Kull suits are everyday armor and it is a shame they were never used(morons.. they had a few to use but never used them)

Comment

Originally posted by destiny khan View Post
                            (kind of moronic in the comics anyways, as you cannot take punches from thor and be okay as the g forces would crush you without such tech).
                            Various rules of conservation (e.g. energy, momentum) get broken every few seconds in the Avenger universe. E.g. thor's weapon being really heavy and really light on demand. The way the Hulk couldn't lift his hand, the hammer would be so heavy it would sink into the ground. And yes the ground is largely steel here. Similarly half the things Iron Man does would kill him from G forces. The other half are drinking and party related . Then there's Hulk's rescue of Iron Man in Avengers but he couldn't survive that back-breaking save

The Avengers universe really, REALLY plays fast n loose with science

Comment

Well all the sci fi verse plays very fast and loose with science frankly. The hammer is MAGIC... you it does not need to make sense and even if you have the strength to pick up the million or so tons of rock from a neutron star... the worthiness crap won't let you

Comment

Working...
                              X