Daniel Jackson Discussion and Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Daniel Jackson Discussion and Appreciation

This is a Daniel friendly thread for talking about Daniel.

What do you like about the character? What did you think the first time you saw Daniel? How do you think they've handled the progression of Daniel's storyline? What do you think Daniel did when he was ascended? Boonie or bandana? Do you have a favourite Daniel episode?
    sigpic

LOL, looks like you beat me to it; I was just about to open this thread. :-)

Edited to add: of course I don't want to be responsible for the first off topic post in this shiny, new forum, so let me just say that I like Daniel very much, especially with his S7 haircut. Not too fond of the boonie hat.

Comment

LOL! Well I see you've got one for Jack going :-)

So what's your favourite Daniel episode then?
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by GateGipsy
        So what's your favourite Daniel episode then?
        That's a tough one because a lot of the Daniel-centric eps are ones I don't enjoy watching at all. Unas eps come to mind and you know that I really, really dislike FIAD.

So my favorite Daniel episode is probably Maternal Instinct. Then, of course, there are dozens of favorite Daniel scenes, like the dance in One False Step, his passionate plea to Hammond in The Other Side, the walk in the glade (you know the ep...), every exchange with Jack, the cute drunk act in Lost City, etc.

Comment

oh I didn't mean that it had to be a Daniel-centric ep! Just has to have Daniel in it, but you particularly the character in that episode for some reason.

For example, Beneath the Surface is one that springs to mind. We get to see a Daniel that might have been if he hadn't lost his parents at a young age, and been brought up in foster care. And in addition, the effects of the memory stamp on him, and the way that his character deals with that.
          sigpic

Comment

Okay, give me some more time to think about it. Although I'll probably stick with Maternal Instinct. It is a good episode!

Comment

The funny thing is that I've never really liked Maternal Instinct overall! It just has some great moments in it though, and the line 'Daniel, shoes', has to be an all time classic.
              sigpic

Comment

The funny thing is that I've never really liked Maternal Instinct overall! It just has some great moments in it though, and the line 'Daniel, shoes', has to be an all time classic.
                Maternal Instinct wouldn't make it on my top ten list but it's a good enough ep. And talking about Daniel in an ep, I like New Ground for showing us how far Daniel has evolved from the impulsive "I'll risk the lives of my team members in order to save a complete stranger" to the clear-headed man who is able to keep his silence even in the face of his friends being tortured.

Comment

New Ground, Daniel in a cage **drifts off into a daydream**
                  sigpic

Comment

New Ground, Daniel in a cage **drifts off into a daydream**
                    Ahem! So you have me racking my brain to come up with serious Daniel discussion stuff and then you drift off in a daydream?

Now at least come on over to the Jack thread and tell me about your favorite Jack episode!

Comment

I think that my favorite MS episode is Lifeboat. I wouldn't want to say that it's a Daniel episode because there was a huge debate over on Delphi about whether it was actually a Daniel episode or not and I don't want to go there but I have to give MS his acting props.

As for a favorite Daniel episode I'd have to say Crystal Skull.

"Jack don't be an a**." Hee hee.

It was, is, and always will be GREEN

Comment

Originally posted by Shipperahoy
                        I think that my favorite MS episode is Lifeboat. I wouldn't want to say that it's a Daniel episode because there was a huge debate over on Delphi about whether it was actually a Daniel episode or not and I don't want to go there but I have to give MS his acting props.

As for a favorite Daniel episode I'd have to say Crystal Skull.

"Jack don't be an a**." Hee hee.
                        Oh yes, Crystal Skull is a fantastic Daniel episode, I think it even tops Maternal Instinct. As for Lifeboat, no, thank you. MS acting was good in the ep but I'm always left disappointed after watching the ep and can't even tell you really why. Maybe I was expecting too much after I heard that Brad Wright wrote it. I expected something as outstanding as Abyss and this Lifeboat was definitely not.

Comment

To be perfectly honest I think that I like the way that Janet and Daniel et al interacted in Lifeboat more than anything. Teryl was great and I've always thought that her and MS have acted well together. Sigh. And I think that MS did a great job with what he had. It's not one of my all time favorites but I do think that the actors did a great job.

It was, is, and always will be GREEN

Comment

My first post in the new GW has to be in the Daniel thread!!!!! I think my first visit to GW was in the Daniel Shrine. My fave DJ ep is FIAD. I also like AP. His smile and those blue eyes just make me melt.

I do prefer him without the boonie or anything on his head.
                            sigpic
                            Sig by the Multi Talented KASS. : )

Comment

What is there not to like about Daniel???

I haven't found anything I don't like.
                              No snurching any Pictures I post!! (without my permission)

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X