BSG references in other media

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BSG references in other media

I couldn't find an existing thread about this, but if there's one deep in the history feel free to merge, moderators (I'd be interested to see what else people have found).

I've been watching the Swedish sci-fi show Real Humans (Äkta människor) whose second series premiered earlier this year. It has a lot of similarities with BSG and Caprica, particularly the social and political issues over android autonomy, and because it's just as clever about it, I highly recommend this series for any fan.

In the first episode of the second series, I was surprised to hear a clear use of the term toaster as a pejorative slur against an android. The term was previously used in a more abstract comparison in the first series, but in this episode the line was an exemplary "Din jäkla brödrost!" which can be loosely translated as "You frakking toaster!"

This example isn't in the wonderful index located here, where you can find other amusing tidbits, and neither are two other things I've noticed which are less clearly explicit references. One is from a Bruce Timm Justice League two-part episode, the other from The A-Team (different than those listed), and you can read each of them on this blog I maintain: http://popculturalcomparisons.tumblr.com/

Thanks for reading, and please share any references to BSG that you have noticed in other media!
Working...
X