This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alright, let's have it

Assuming that Emmerich and Devlin utilize the same characters from the film and exclude those that were introduced in the TV series, who would you choose to play new versions of the characters from the 1994 film?

-Jack O'Neil
    -Daniel Jackson
    -Ra
    -Kasuf
    -Skaara
    -Sha'uri
    -Kawalski
    -Feretti
    -Catherine Langford
    -WO West

-Any others you want to specifically cast.

I figured we've all been rolling this one around for a while, so why not discuss it. Yes, this has probably been beaten to death over the years but now it's a little more real with the prospect of the upcoming trilogy. So why not engage our imaginations?

-Jack O'Neil - Michael Welch
    -Daniel Jackson
    -Ra
    -Kasuf
    -Skaara
    -Sha'uri
    -Kawalski
    -Feretti
    -Catherine Langford
    -WO West

That's it. That's all I've got for now. I'm not terribly familiar with many actors and actresses, so no other names come to mind at the moment.
    Last edited by hedwig; 13 June 2014, 03:06 PM.

Comment

Do we even know for sure that it'll be a reboot, rather than a continuation of the 1994 film?
      "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
        Do we even know for sure that it'll be a reboot, rather than a continuation of the 1994 film?
        I don't think Emmerich and Devlin even know that at this point.

Comment

i hope all the characters from this 'new' stargate will be 'new' characters all around.
          sally

sigpic

Comment

-Jack O'Neil - Hugh Jackman
            -Daniel Jackson - Cillian Murphy
            -Ra - Suraj Sharma
            -Kasuf -
            -Skaara
            -Sha'uri
            -Kawalski
            -Feretti
            -Catherine Langford
            -WO West

.......Pass on the rest for now.
            Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

O'Neil
              Frank Grillo might do well here. I don't think he's had a big leading role yet, but he did a great job as the gruff and rough Brock Rumlow in The Winter Soldier. And even if he doesn't do a stellar job--hey, it's not like Kurt Russell set the bar very high, is it?

I could see Karl Urban doing a good job with the role too.

Jackson
              Fran Kranz! JUST the right sort of awkward.

Ra
              I hate to fall into the trap of "give Cumberbatch ALL the roles!" but I think he might actually be a good fit for this character--despite being as pasty white as pasty white can be. There's an aloof, awkward/doesn't-quite-fit-in feel to the guy that, to me, would work for the character.

Kasuf
              Honestly, I don't think Erick Avari has aged a day since 1994. Just give him a call, I'm sure he'd be up for it. And it would be a nice thread to have run though all three continuities.

Sha'uri
              Sibel Kekilli might work here. There's a slightly exotic look to her that could work well for the role.

Catherine Langford
              Vanessa Redgrave has the look and the acting chops (though I doubt she'd be interested). Melissa Leo could also do a solid job here.

General West
              Michael Keaton could do well here; he's proven he can handle serious roles in the past. I could also see Titus Welliver doing this. Or Bruce Greenwood.

Skipped the ones that I either can't think of anyone, or else just don't really care...
              "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

-Jack O'Neil ................... Chris Evans
                -Daniel Jackson ............. Jay Baruchel
                -Ra .............................. Dwayne Johnson or Jason Momoa

I think even if Jason did plat in stargate Atlantis he would be perfect as Ra , but Dwayne would also be great playing that role .

Chris would also be good as jack , someone who can take charge and still kind of be a combo of hack from the original movie and from the tv series .

Jay is a great nerdy type actor , someone you could see being a computer nerd but could also see running from danger and in the end standing up for what's right .

Comment

I really like some of your guys' ideas, especially Renner or Urban as O'Neil, Murphy as Jackson and maybe Greenwood as West.

If I didn't go with those guys, I might consider these:

Jack O'Neil - Matt Damon or Sam Worthington
                  Daniel Jackson - Sharlto Copley or Martin Freeman
                  Catherine Langford - Helen Mirren
                  Ra - Rodrigo Santoro (yeah, I know - typecasting abounds)
                  Kasuf - Igal Naor or Omar Sharif (depending on the age they want to depict the character)
                  Skaara - Saïd Taghmaoui
                  Sha'uri - Tiffany Dupont
                  Kawalsky - Jason Segel
                  Feretti - Jason Clarke
                  West - Either Bryan Cranston or Denzel Washington

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
                    The blurb I saw a couple of nights ago said reboot. I don't know if they are definitive or have an inside track on anything. So who knows.
                    sigpic

Click here daily to give free mammograms

It is better to be crazy for Jesus than a wise man for Satan. Laters, Misi

Comment

I doubt it will be packed with A-listers, maybe one or two, the rest will be actors on the rise and/or established but less known, you know the kind you've seen their face before but have no idea what their name is. There are so many good actors, i wouldn't even know where to start to find who could play who. But we know the characters and what to look for.

-Jack O'Neil -> 42-45yo 6'-6'2" light musculature, tough look, special kind of humor
                      -Daniel Jackson -> 34-38yo 6' average built, nerdy, naive
                      -Ra -> 28-30yo beautiful, delicate
                      -Kasuf -> 50-54yo 5'10" weathered looking, calm leader
                      -Skaara -> 20-23yo 5'8"-5'10" troublemaker, rebelious
                      -Sha'uri -> 24-28yo 5'7"ish sexy alien
                      -Kawalski -> 39-42yo 6' special force no bs yes sir kind of guy
                      -Feretti -> 28-30yo 6'2"-6'4 grunt with a smile that will get the job done no matter what
                      -Catherine Langford -> Old lady, 88yo by now, doesnt matter how she looks as long as she can remember her lines.
                      -WO West -> 58-62yo serious man

I didn't bring up race cause i know it can be a delicate subject but if we're gonna play role call simulation, we cant ignore that part. You can bet O'Neil, Jackson and Langford are going to be caucasian. For Kawalski/Feretti, i would change their names and go for african-american/latino/asian, one should be female, assassin sneaky type. Our Abidonians will be middle-eastern looking, as they should, Sha'uri with light colored eyes. I dont care about Ra, as long as he/she is too beautiful to be a man and too handsome to be a woman, they should play the androgynous card once again and confuse the hell out of us.

One more thing, if they decide to add Samantha Carter to the group, I really think they should cast Yvonne Strahovsky, she clearly was born to play that role in a new stargate movie.

Comment

Originally posted by meo3000 View Post
                        Our Abidonians will be middle-eastern looking, as they should
                        ha ha you just made me imagine a milky-white Abydonian cast .

Comment

BAHAHAHA... Irish Abydonians. That'd be rich.

Comment

Originally posted by Aesop View Post
                            BAHAHAHA... Irish Abydonians. That'd be rich.
                            lol, they could just totally change the culture of the planet.

I hope that they do follow what the characters are suppose to look like. And it would be cool if they got unknowns to play the roles. Though I would personally want new story new characters.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by blueray View Post
                              lol, they could just totally change the culture of the planet.

I hope that they do follow what the characters are suppose to look like. And it would be cool if they got unknowns to play the roles. Though I would personally want new story new characters.
                              Ha, suddenly it's Skáholt on an Icelandic planet and everybody's Scandinavian for no real reason.

I agree, it would be awesome if they drew largely from a pool of Egyptian actors to play the Abydonians.

Comment

Working...
                              X