Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What plot would you like for the Devlin/Emmerich film reboots?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What plot would you like for the Devlin/Emmerich film reboots?

If the new film reboots are only based on the original film (which they probably are) in 100 words or less what would you like the plot to be, what do you envision.

(please no jokes, I know many of us including myself are upset with this news but please keep the hate in the other threads.)

Not really sure how true they will stay on with the movie and if they will use anything from the series . I would enjoy a combo of both , like the Jaffa being controlled by an alien bug or worm . The goa'uld I would like to see as a more human like alien , ones that are far more advanced then us on earth .

Plot I would like to see more then one planet traveled to , maybe instead of just having jack and Daniel like characters they could add a tech hacker like character that hacks the dial-home device ( DHD ) . Taking them to a few planets that are under control of the goa'uld . Maybe even finding a planet that is still at war with them .

Seeing how they are planning a trilogy I would like to see it just play out more about the gates and not just about one planet and ra .

Comment

i for one would like to see something completely different. not even sure what. but it would be a shame of the first movie of the trilogy was just STARGATE all over again.

Comment

For me, part of the intrigue of a Movie-only universe is what could be done with the original concepts, i.e that the Gate DOES only go between two locations, and Ra really was the last of his kind, and the original team DID travel across the known universe, rather than a short hop....There were a couple of novels that continued the film outside of the SG1 universe, and though I've never read them, they seemed really interesting. They got considerably more focused on 'Abydos', with more interesting plots concerning us attempting to exploit the planet's minerals and of course further alien threats. All very interesting of the complexity that can only occur when you CANNOT travel across the entire universe.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Flyboy View Post
          For me, part of the intrigue of a Movie-only universe is what could be done with the original concepts, i.e that the Gate DOES only go between two locations, and Ra really was the last of his kind, and the original team DID travel across the known universe, rather than a short hop....There were a couple of novels that continued the film outside of the SG1 universe, and though I've never read them, they seemed really interesting. They got considerably more focused on 'Abydos', with more interesting plots concerning us attempting to exploit the planet's minerals and of course further alien threats. All very interesting of the complexity that can only occur when you CANNOT travel across the entire universe.
          yea, i must agree. Mostly the limited stargate travel, i found SGU's stargate mechanism to be much more engaging than just "get home from across the galaxy in an instant". I get why they did it, but at the end of SG1 the universe was a damn small place.

Comment

If anything, i would love a new series of films to explore the history OF the gate network and the ancients who set it up.

Comment

See that all sounds depressing to me. It wasn't until a few years back that I learned Emmerich's concept of the Stargate differed from the TV series creators, and that was really disappointing. What made the gate truly wondrous for me was that it seemingly had endless possibilities where it could take you. If the gate only went to Abydos... well that's boring, and not truly distinguishing from other franchises.

Instantaneous travel almost anywhere within several galaxies across the universe, that's what made the Stargate such a compelling centerpiece. Abandoning that, I truly believe, would be abandoning the essence of the story altogether.

So since it's likely that Emmerich will stick with his concept, that really diminishes the potential. But that's my opinion.

If it were up to me, I think a way could be found to fuse what's been established up to this point in the franchise (film and TV) with a new direction, a 'rediscovery' so to speak of the programs importance and a revitalization of the SGC. Maybe the Goa'uld weren't truly extinguished and there's a resurgence of an older, even worse breed of them.

Comment

i'd like the movie to start off in our universe. destiny's eli has contacted the sgc. he's found a way of getting them back home, using a shortcut that he's come up with using destiny's computers. it requires harnessing a sun's power...

sam's not in charge of the mission - b/c she's going on maternity leave - but she's a part of it. two scientists are going to work with eli to make this shortcut work. (i'm not going into the shortcuts specifics b/c i just made this up and don't know what they are ).

but the movie starts with sgt harriman putting sam on with eli, and sam telling eli the experiment is about to begin. the two scientists are on a puddle jumper that's orbiting the planet that atlantis is on (atlantis is in the pegasus galaxy).

the experiment begins and works for about a minute. but too much power is being created and they try to abort. but it won't abort.

the two scientists are sent through a wormhole... which shouldn't have happened... the sending or the wormhole.

and the scientists come out of the wormhole right through the earth stargate. burried in alaska.

it's an alternate reality. that hasn't found their stargate. and the puddle jumper punching through the stargate not only alerts earth to the stargate, but wakes up the alien race burried with the stargate.

there's no sgc. no stargate experts. no jack o'neill or sam carter or daniel jackson.

and no way home for the scientists.
                sally

sigpic

Comment

A continuation of SGU. Might Emmerich prefer, then SGU can be divorced from SG-1 and Atlantis.
                  • I'm a fan of this awesome Trek webcomic: betafleet.tumblr.com (archived)
                  • Eesti on ilus, ja troppide parteide poliitikud pole enam Raudse Leedi valitsuses.
                  • I chose the Gate avatar, because it was difficult to choose between SGU character pictures of someone who I thought I was like, and someone who I was fond of. :>

Comment

I would like a 5-part SG combo series before the new remake-trilogy, which concludes the three series:

Part 1 - Show the Atlantis crew get back to Pegasus and get Atlantis back, but not before a huge battle against the Wraith somewhere between Milky Way and Pegasus. The crew ultimately wins and everyone goes back to their normal lives.

Part 2 - The Stargate program goes public on Earth due to a space station witnessing the battle in Part 1. The Stargate program goes international and our characters from SG-1 and Atlantis are let go from the program for good.

Part 3 - All major countries work together to rescue the Icarus crew on Destiny. Meanwhile, everyone on the ship wakes up a million years in the future. While everyone is still in shock, Rush takes the chance and assembles a team against Camile's and Col.Young's orders and sends it to a planet, where the team meets a futuristic ancient civilization, which has been expecting them.

Part 4 - Destiny is fixed and the crew returns to their time, allowing the international SGC to rescue them. The crew is greeted by their family and friends. The former SGC leadership also comes to say hello to the returnees.

Part 5 - The International SGC launches a projects to see how can the Stargate connect to other dimensions. This is where new characters show up and go into the new dimension.

Stargate trlogy:
                    Part 1: To get back to their dimension, the new team must learn about the Stargate network first, the Stargate itself and about the Ancients.
                    Part 2: The team defeats Ra, who is the last of his kind.
                    Part 3: The team members are not allowed to return to their own dimension and are forced to stay where they are and work for the Alt SGC. However, the next time they go trough the Stargate, the Stargate network malfunctions and sends the team back to their own dimension anyway. The end.

Comment

All I'm hearing right now are people recycling the plot of Continuum....

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

All I'm hearing right now are people recycling the plot of Continuum....
                        hey, i said i wanted something new

but yea, i would like to see something that doesn't immediately spark the "hey that's stargate" idea. cmon, anything is possible, surely it could get more original than "average late-stargate episode".

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
                          i'd like the movie to start off in our universe. destiny's eli has contacted the sgc. he's found a way of getting them back home, using a shortcut that he's come up with using destiny's computers. it requires harnessing a sun's power...

sam's not in charge of the mission - b/c she's going on maternity leave - but she's a part of it. two scientists are going to work with eli to make this shortcut work. (i'm not going into the shortcuts specifics b/c i just made this up and don't know what they are ).

but the movie starts with sgt harriman putting sam on with eli, and sam telling eli the experiment is about to begin. the two scientists are on a puddle jumper that's orbiting the planet that atlantis is on (atlantis is in the pegasus galaxy).

the experiment begins and works for about a minute. but too much power is being created and they try to abort. but it won't abort.

the two scientists are sent through a wormhole... which shouldn't have happened... the sending or the wormhole.

and the scientists come out of the wormhole right through the earth stargate. burried in alaska.

it's an alternate reality. that hasn't found their stargate. and the puddle jumper punching through the stargate not only alerts earth to the stargate, but wakes up the alien race burried with the stargate.

there's no sgc. no stargate experts. no jack o'neill or sam carter or daniel jackson.

and no way home for the scientists.
                          Originally posted by Mardus View Post
                          A continuation of SGU. Might Emmerich prefer, then SGU can be divorced from SG-1 and Atlantis.
                          Originally posted by Mnikolic View Post
                          I would like a 5-part SG combo series before the new remake-trilogy, which concludes the three series:

Part 1 - Show the Atlantis crew get back to Pegasus and get Atlantis back, but not before a huge battle against the Wraith somewhere between Milky Way and Pegasus. The crew ultimately wins and everyone goes back to their normal lives.

Part 2 - The Stargate program goes public on Earth due to a space station witnessing the battle in Part 1. The Stargate program goes international and our characters from SG-1 and Atlantis are let go from the program for good.

Part 3 - All major countries work together to rescue the Icarus crew on Destiny. Meanwhile, everyone on the ship wakes up a million years in the future. While everyone is still in shock, Rush takes the chance and assembles a team against Camile's and Col.Young's orders and sends it to a planet, where the team meets a futuristic ancient civilization, which has been expecting them.

Part 4 - Destiny is fixed and the crew returns to their time, allowing the international SGC to rescue them. The crew is greeted by their family and friends. The former SGC leadership also comes to say hello to the returnees.

Part 5 - The International SGC launches a projects to see how can the Stargate connect to other dimensions. This is where new characters show up and go into the new dimension.

Stargate trlogy:
                          Part 1: To get back to their dimension, the new team must learn about the Stargate network first, the Stargate itself and about the Ancients.
                          Part 2: The team defeats Ra, who is the last of his kind.
                          Part 3: The team members are not allowed to return to their own dimension and are forced to stay where they are and work for the Alt SGC. However, the next time they go trough the Stargate, the Stargate network malfunctions and sends the team back to their own dimension anyway. The end.
                          I was saying what plot would you like for the original films universe not the current sg1 universe

Comment

Originally posted by tomaso88 View Post
                            I was saying what plot would you like for the original films universe not the current sg1 universe
                            i am pretty sure they don't want a difference

Comment

Originally posted by tomaso88 View Post
                              The current universe, would just showcase the new characters to us and we would see them only from the back (no lines), while the movie universe would introduce them. The new characters wouldn't even need to be cast for the last episode - we'd just see the stunt doubles of a main cast from one of the three TV series in full gear - so we'd only like see them wearing hats or helmets on their heads while approaching the wormhole. The events in the three TV series wouldn't be even mentioned in the movie trilogy, nor their characters. And maybe, in the last part of the trilogy, it'd be revealed that the new characters want to return to THEIR OWN dimension - which would feature a different universe from the one we already know. That would be showcased troughout the three parts of the trilogy, but we wouldn't see if they made it back where they belong.

Comment

Working...
                              X