This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Boycott the movies!

I don't know about the rest of you but I am pissed about this movie trilogy. They are most likely going to ignore ALL the shows and re-do everything. A reboot is fine - a totally new series could have been awesome....but to do three MOVIES based only on what was in the original film and totally throwing out everything is unacceptable. The only way we can fight this is to make it known that fans of the series are NOT happy with this decision and won't be going to see the films - if no one goes to see the first one it'll be a one-and-done and maybe than they can bring Stargate back to where it belongs - Television!

If a boycott was successful (and that is a big if) its more likely MGM would abandon Stargate all together for awhile.

Its a moot point for me. I rarely go to the movie theater. I just wait for them to come out on DVD and rent then from the local movie store.
    Originally posted by aretood2
    Jelgate is right

Comment

This IS abandoning Stargate altogether..... The reason why we haven't had anything in awhile now is because they were "giving it time" for this reboot - if this fails we'd have 1-2 years of nothing after the first flop and than a new series - it's too lucrative a property to completely abandon.

Comment

Originally posted by Ekras View Post
        This IS abandoning Stargate altogether..... The reason why we haven't had anything in awhile now is because they were "giving it time" for this reboot - if this fails we'd have 1-2 years of nothing after the first flop and than a new series - it's too lucrative a property to completely abandon.
        i don't go to movies anyways, so the boycott was already easy for me.
        sally

sigpic

Comment

Its unlikely 2 years after a failed project they would try Stargate again
          Jelgate is right

Comment

1-2 years before they START producing a series - that's another year minimum to make it to Pilot and likely another year beyond that for it to be ordered to series.

Comment

Well I have no plans to boycott it. I'm quite looking forward to it. If the films are successful, which if it's a Roland Emmerich film there's a high chance of that, then they will be infinitely better for the franchise than the coma state it's in now.
              Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

1-2 years before they START producing a series - that's another year minimum to make it to Pilot and likely another year beyond that for it to be ordered to series.
                Development is a moot point. It unrealistic for 2 years after a movie flop for a network to make a TV show on that franchise.
                Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by P-90_177 View Post
                  Well I have no plans to boycott it. I'm quite looking forward to it. If the films are successful, which if it's a Roland Emmerich film there's a high chance of that, then they will be infinitely better for the franchise than the coma state it's in now.
                  I totally agree with you, it will be exciting to see who is cast as well
                  sigpic

Comment

I hate this. Dare I say it sucks? Count me in for the boycott.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                      Its a moot point for me. I rarely go to the movie theater. I just wait for them to come out on DVD and rent then from the local movie store.
                      if you even can find a store. For me i rent them from redbox.

Comment

Yea it's clear that with all TV stuff sold, this is simply the best shot.

What did the "boycott" of SGU bring about? the death of the franchise. Trying to boycott this will just fail. As i pointed out in the other thread, there's a good chance that if the emmerich movie is successful, it'll increase the awareness on stargate and may serve as a backdoor reinvigoration of the TV series.

Comment

Am I the only one who likes the idea?
                          Sure, we're returning to the "movie canon", but it's still Stargate and I'll still appreciate it on its own grounds. I can't wait to see what they're going to do.
                          "I have never understood why it should be necessary to become irrational in order to prove that you care... or why it should be necessary to prove it at all."

Comment

I want to boycott but it seems like it will be a bit fruitless.
                            Jedi_Master_Bra'tac, previously known as wako!

Comment

I'm also looking forward to it. We can't expect them to go back to what's been done already.....I wasn't sure about the Star Trek reboot at first and I really enjoyed them. If people boycott this, Stargate will be gone for good, I doubt a failed movie will get them to spend any money on a TV show.

Comment

Working...
                              X