Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MGM/Warner Bros teaming up with Roland Emmerich and Dean Devlin Stargate Reboot

http://variety.com/2014/film/news/mg...ot-1201196082/

Ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.... Not really sure how I feel about this. I don't want them to ruin a good thing. At the same time: It might mean more stargate, and could, hopefully, result in a new TV show....

Good.. Bad.. Hopefully they can do the movies good. I'm excited..

Comment

OH YEAH! IT IS ON!
      Hollywood Reporter (4:25 PM PDT 5/29/2014 by Rebecca Ford):
      "Warner Bros. and MGM are launching a new feature film trilogy based on the 1994 film Stargate.

Roland Emmerich, who directed and co-wrote the original film with Dean Devlin, will direct and Devlin will produce.

MGM will be running production on Stargate, with Jonathan Glickman, president, motion picture group, overseeing the project on behalf of MGM and Greg Silverman, president, creative development and worldwide production, overseeing for Warner Bros. Pictures.

Worldwide distribution will be handled by Warner Bros. Pictures, with select international territories to be handled by MGM.

At the time of its release, the sci-fi film Stargate, starring Kurt Russell and James Spader, set the record for the highest-grossing opening weekend in October, and went on to gross nearly $200 million worldwide at the box office."

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/new...A30%3A53_rford

Comment

Originally posted by adaminator1 View Post
        http://variety.com/2014/film/news/mg...ot-1201196082/

Ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.... Not really sure how I feel about this. I don't want them to ruin a good thing. At the same time: It might mean more stargate, and could, hopefully, result in a new TV show....
        then this is is. mgm has finally lost their last brain cells.

so the tv franchise will run with? fanfics? the official novels?

it coming to this is just a failure from everyone involved.
        sally

sigpic

Comment

I'll believe when I see it
          Originally posted by aretood2
          Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
            Indeed, and I kinda selfishly hope I don't see it.

Comment

here's another link http://www.deadline.com/2014/05/mgm-...boot-stargate/

not happy about this it was the tv franchise I fell in-love with now that is thrown out the window with this I don't like that they are getting Stargate back that means all my favs besides Daniel are gone

if it tanks then SG will be dead for real
              sigpic
              My Favorite Scifi/Fantasy T.V. Shows, Movies, Franchises, My Sports Teams & My Fav Sitcom
              poundpuppy29 AKA Erika = Astrology Nut, Scifi-Fantasy Junkie & Massachusetts Girl

Comment

Originally posted by poundpuppy29 View Post
                here's another link http://www.deadline.com/2014/05/mgm-...boot-stargate/

not happy about this it was the tv franchise I fell in-love with now that is thrown out the window with this I don't like that they are getting Stargate back that means all my favs besides Daniel are gone

if it tanks then SG will be dead for real
                this might extremely disappoint me, but it doesn't surprise me. mgm is just like every other company of late, that thinks rebooting will solve their money probs... it's uninspiring and untalented ppl in charge that's the problem.
                sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                  So Devlin and Emmerich have been blowing smoke about doing a movie follow up to Stargate for years and years now, but this is something different, this is MGM making an announcement, which means, this is happening.

The real question now is will this be a sequel to the movies, like they've always talked about doing, or a straight up reboot of the entire thing?

Comment

This is a bad idea they just got out of bankruptcy and already want to make massive risks a film like this will cost 100+mil massive risk

Comment

Originally posted by dsigal View Post
                      So Devlin and Emmerich have been blowing smoke about doing a movie follow up to Stargate for years and years now, but this is something different, this is MGM making an announcement, which means, this is happening.

The real question now is will this be a sequel to the movies, like they've always talked about doing, or a straight up reboot of the entire thing?
                      Their is a long road between an announcement and an actual movie. Like I said, I'll believe it when an actual movie exists. For one their is always development hell.
                      Originally posted by aretood2
                      Jelgate is right

Comment

We should start a campaign stop the movie start a series or continue one. If they think this will make them more money it might but it's a crazy risk

Comment

Originally posted by tomaso88 View Post
                          This is a bad idea they just got out of bankruptcy and already want to make massive risks a film like this will cost 100+mil massive risk
                          the reasons for their bankruptcy is still alive and well. bad decision making.

but let's say this reboot works... what about the tv franchise? they're going to let it just sit there, while this new version takes over?

with star trek, all the original actors were too old to do their characters, but not with sg1/atlantis. so it's not 'too late' to work with them.

i wish i could just fire the whole crappo lot of them. then bring in some new and great writers, and let them bring back the good and fun and popular parts of stargate into on new series.
                          sally

sigpic

Comment

The idea of a reboot scares me. Why can't they simply make the SGA movie we were promised 5 years ago? Maybe 2 of them? And even follow up with an SGU movie or 2? To be honest I hated the original movie. As far as I'm concerned it's sole reason for existing was to create SG-1 et al.
                            Monica Zelenka lover since 2004! RDA fan since 1985! Lorne fan since 2003!
                            sigpic
                            Lady Pandora
                            Atlantis Series: Retrospective Ruminations Unexpected

Comment

I don't know. It just feels like asking Raimi to reboot Spiderman.

Comment

Working...
                              X