I'm Jelgate, the realist.
      Originally posted by aretood2
      Jelgate is right

Comment

A way to continue stargate?
        I'm writing a stargate spin off series on fanfiction
        Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cFh4mIbxyko
        Archive: https://www.fanfiction.net/u/5580179/StargateMillennium

Thousands of years ago, the Ancients, the Asgard, the Nox, and the Furling chose to explore the universe together and built a city as a symbol of their (at the time) new found alliance. Modern times, the SGC launches a one way expedition to this city (the address found in the Atlantis database). The city is actually a space station called Millennium located in NGC 300, nearly three times the distance from the Milky Way than Pegasus. Greater distance means more power (the expedition leaves from Atlantis using all three ZPM's to power the gate) which means that Earth isn’t going to show up help them (At least not during the first two seasons like Atlantis. This also means no ships for a while).

(Ok, that bit about a city made by all four races was because I was kinda tired that everything was the Ancients. I know the humans now have Asgard stuff but we haven't seen any Nox or Furling tech. So, they get to go to a place made by all four races and (FINALLY) get to see some of the Nox and Furling stuff. Also, we need a new setting to set up new explorations. We already combed most of the Milky Way so a new galaxy gives new exploration territory.)

The Millennium is ragged and the Expedition will have to try to survive with what they have and fix an aging Millennium. It will partially be a tale about survival, doing what they can with what they have.

(The survival bit addresses some of my gripes with Atlantis. For example: let’s say their trade with the Gennii (C4 and meds for food) goes well, how long can they trade before the Atlantis Expedition runs out of C4? Or their guns? If they couldn’t contact Earth, how long before they run out of bullets fighting the Wraith? Atlantis didn’t have any factories to help replenish their stuff. Millennium will. It just doesn’t have any power and is degrading.)

There are two big bad guys. The first is the Ror’char: the guardians, protectors, and peace keepers of this galaxy. These are all accurate descriptions of the Ror’char but only in a very perverse manner. The Ror’char are a system of empires that believe peace can only be achieved through absolute control and oppression. They believe that freedom will lead to inevitable conflict and chaos and that freedom, even freedom of opinion, must be suppressed. They use their education system to indoctrinate children to believe that everything the Ror’char does is for the greater good and must be supported. They are also aware of the Alliance of Four Great Races and have spent hundreds of years trying to incorporate Alliance technology into their own.
        The other faction is known as the Harvesters. They haven’t been introduced yet but I won’t go into detail about them.
        Also, a number of factions from the previous SG series, good and bad, have something to gain from this expedition and have come along for the ride with their own agenda for the expedition, including Tok’ra, Lucian Alliance, Goa’uld, and Trust (and I do mean the Trust, not snake-infested Trust, I mean the Trust is back).

The Millennium Expedition is led by General William Mercer, an aging Air Force General best known for his oversized mustache. His first duty is to the expedition. He is not against being charitable to the alien races in their new galaxy of NGC 300, but he will do just about anything, even abandoning any and all morality, to protect the lives of the people in the expedition.

The Expedition’s Chief Medical Officer is Kara Osborn, a civilian with a moderate British accent. She is strong-willed, energetic, incredibly feisty, clever, and slightly flirtatious. She used to work at Edward’s Air Force Base (Area 51) dissecting and analyzing dead Goa’uld symbiotes and wraith cadavers. She loves travelling and the expedition was the perfect way for her get away and put her knowledge to good use.

The teams, like the Atlantis teams, have no official designation but they do have nicknames (like the F302 squadrons). The main team is known as Wolf Pack. (The other teams have nicknames like ‘Spartan Company’, ‘War Hounds’, ‘Dusk Riders’)

Major Terra Annabelle Nova: Leader of Wolf Pack and has been nicknamed, humorously and affectionately, ‘wolf mother’. Straight-to-business and down-to-earth, Nova leads her team to explore the new galaxy. (Thought it was about time we get a female team leader. Yeah, I know Carter led SG1 but it was only for one season.)

Lieutenant Charles Martin: Second in command and his Australian heritage is almost instantly recognizable from his accent and terminology. He loved hunting when he was back on Earth so he is both an expert tracker and a skilled marksman, best on the team. He is a happy-go-lucky guy that often jokes about the situation, no matter how dire, and often compares things to movies or video games. (I liked how O’Neill and Sheppard could joke during the battles and thought it should be brought back somehow.)

Doctor Steven Chen: their tech officer and childhood friend of Doctor Kara Osborn. He specializes in combining alien and Earth technology and reverse engineering alien technology. A tough upbringing has made him bitter and moody and he is known for a quick wit and his sarcastic comments. He’s not military but he has been in a firefight, knows how to use a gun (though not to the level of his military teammates), and has highly lethal proficiency in martial artistry. He may not be the soldier Nova or Martin is but hand-to-hand and close quarters combat with Chen is suicidal. (I think we all love O’Neill’s witty and sarcastic comments. This guy is supposed to bring them back. Also, the angry O’Neill is usually a funny O’Neill and Chen is always angry)

Corin Nevec: Formerly a Ror’char citizen, when Nova’s team first exploring, he warned them to leave the planet and he fled with her team. He is now a member of the Expedition. He is not a soldier or fighter at all. In the Ror’char empire, he was teacher who taught foreign languages, foreign cultures, geography, galactic history (different from world history), and, most of all, indoctrinate the students into believing that everything the empire does is just and necessary. As part of Wolf Pack, Corin is in charge of negotiations. (Most of the aliens on the SG teams are warriors like Teal’c, Teyla, and Ronon. I thought they needed more people like Jonas who isn’t a fighter at all.)

sigpic
        Stargate spin off series: Stargate Millennium
        https://www.fanfiction.net/u/5580179/StargateMillennium

Comment

Working...
        X