Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does anyone know how big Ra's ship was?

I am trying to find exact measurements in meters
    i thought about the idea of trying to find an online concept of a program that can determine size based upon pictures, but i have been unable to find such as yet

Ra's ship rest on a "replica" of the great pyramid......at one point in the movie, it looked like it was going to rest on the sand with several meters between it and the pyramid, when it was coming down to land......another scene shows it resting on the pyramid with space still visible, of the pyramid, at the bottom,.....so obviously, there are moving parts to clamp on the pyramid that it lands on

A "replica" of the great pyramid could be taken to mean it's the same size as the great pyramid, it was used as a landing platform so it's not an unreasonable assumption.. so I would start by finding out how tall the pyramid is and the length and width of the base. Then using those measurements it should be relatively simple to work out the size of the ship.. if you can get an image of both together (just before landing or after taking off) then measure the ship against the pyramid.. If it's 1.65 pyramids tall (for example) it should be easy to convert that into meters..

Comment

i clearly made reference that the movie has the images that you are referencing, and i am clearly saying that i can not do what it is that you are declaring
      so, telling me to do what i have already said i can NOT, and to boot, telling me that it should "relatively simple".......can you make someone feel anymore ignorant?
      the parameters of the great pyramid are at the following link
      http://navadbenyisroel.wordpress.com...-was-ras-ship/
      i wasasking about something specific
      you telling me that an idiot can do the math, (yes, i realize that you did not use these words), does not help
      i said DIRECTLY what i am looking for........why are you trying to lead me somewhere else?
      i think i know what i need
      i posted what i need

Comment

Cool down.She was trying to help, not belittle you.
        The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

I was trying to help you find the information you need to work out the dimensions of Ra's ship.

I wasn't insulting or offensive. I didn't call you an idiot.

But if you're just going to throw the offer of help back in my face.. I no longer want to help.

Good luck working it out on your own.

Comment

i have trouble being nice in these cases, i have to admit
            i was very specific with what i was asking for..........and events in my past have caused me to become more and more specific, and the more specific i become, the further away i get from what i am asking for
            it is an annoyance to me
            Pharaoh Hamenthotep, i am sorry....there are a couple other people i should probably apologize to and situations i should apologize for
            i try to be very specific, but at the same time, i try to abridge my words
            i have had so many people tell me through the years that i am not specific enough, and other telling me that i use too many words, and i am trying to work within these confines, and i get annoyed when i am seemingly now told that i was not explaining thoroughly enough
            i am looking for an image calculator.......not my own "possible" calculations......somethat that is a bit more exact.......i could presume, so many feet or meters.......but that would be nothing compared to something that is DESIGNED SPECIFICALLY for this type of thing

i am sorry for being blunt and rude

Comment

Originally posted by Melbol Of Worlds View Post
              .......but that would be nothing compared to something that is DESIGNED SPECIFICALLY for this type of thing
              Unfortunately I don't think such a program exists. I suspect that level of image recognition would require artificial intelligence.

"BRITTA? WHAT KIND OF LAME NAME IS THAT?"

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Hamenthotep View Post
                A "replica" of the great pyramid could be taken to mean it's the same size as the great pyramid, it was used as a landing platform so it's not an unreasonable assumption.. so I would start by finding out how tall the pyramid is and the length and width of the base. Then using those measurements it should be relatively simple to work out the size of the ship.. if you can get an image of both together (just before landing or after taking off) then measure the ship against the pyramid.. If it's 1.65 pyramids tall (for example) it should be easy to convert that into meters..
                Good idea. This is pretty much manually doing what the desired program would do. The program would still require a baseline dimension in meters of a known object in the image.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Spimman View Post
                  Good idea. This is pretty much manually doing what the desired program would do. The program would still require a baseline dimension in meters of a known object in the image.
                  Like a Great Pyramid of Giza, for example?

If only there was a Master Prop Maker who knows how to reverse engineer film and TV props using only screengrabs as references.. Oh, wait there is.... PH..

Maybe there's another here somewhere..

Comment

Stargate had 3
                    Originally posted by aretood2
                    Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                      Stargate had 3
                      Ahh yes, but were they as good as PH?
                      Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

They were better.
                        Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by P-90_177 View Post
                          Ahh yes, but were they as good as PH?
                          PH is here.. and was offering help..

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Hamenthotep View Post
                            PH is here.. and was offering help..
                            And I was being nice to you.
                            Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Originally posted by P-90_177 View Post
                              And I was being nice to you.
                              You are always nice.
                              Jelgate is right

Comment

Working...
                              X