Ra's original form?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ra's original form?

i have seen some people making reference to what Ra's original form was.
    before people get into this discussion, the question has to be asked, are you interested in coming up with a rationale for the movie to be compatible with the series?????

I don't see what needs to be rationalized? He was a Goa'uld symbiote who took an Asgard as a host before discovering humans on Earth...

Comment

Ra never took over an Asgard.
      Originally posted by aretood2
      Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by Aesop View Post
        I don't see what needs to be rationalized? He was a Goa'uld symbiote who took an Asgard as a host before discovering humans on Earth...
        an asgard? i was thinking he took a teenage Unas, one before his horns grew in......his "skin" seemed to have scales

personally, i think he was one of the ascended
        lol

http://navadbenyisroel.wordpress.com...previous-form/

http://navadbenyisroel.wordpress.com...rom-the-movie/

Comment

There's no point trying to explain all the differences between the movie and the series in In-Universe terms. The way I look at it Ra was a snake in an Unas' head.

Retroactive continuity all the way!

"BRITTA? WHAT KIND OF LAME NAME IS THAT?"

Comment

Originally posted by Britta View Post
            There's no point trying to explain all the differences between the movie and the series in In-Universe terms. The way I look at it Ra was a snake in an Unas' head.

Retroactive continuity all the way!
            you just did the very thing you said that there was no point in doing
            i, personally, think something similar, but add to that, that he was ascended, thus explaining why he was glowing seconds before the nuke went off in his face.........it also helps to explain Anubis

Comment

Originally posted by Melbol Of Worlds View Post
              you just did the very thing you said that there was no point in doing
              i, personally, think something similar, but add to that, that he was ascended, thus explaining why he was glowing seconds before the nuke went off in his face.........it also helps to explain Anubis
              How?

We already know how Anubis ascended and we know who helped him. It wasn't Ra..

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Hamenthotep View Post
                How?

We already know how Anubis ascended and we know who helped him. It wasn't Ra..
                clearly, you didn't read what i said, as, not once, ANYWHERE did i say that Ra helped him to ascended, NOWHER
                you took what i said, put in bold what you were using, to make an assumption about what you thought i was saying.

i don't like your accusation, to say that Ra help Anubis ascend is just stupid, and i would have NEVER said such, as it complete goes against movie/series continuity

the series does not answer how Anubis tricked Oma, THIS is what i am talking about, and anyone who has read what i have said about it, can easily see that.......if you don't read, i am not responsible for the ideas that you come up with

Anubis, for whatever reason, was in the service of Ra.
                Ra ascended, on his own, with no help, just naturally found out, or accidentally stumbled upon it, and would boast about it. Because he did it without help, the Ancients did nothing about it, and even more so, gave no rules to him.
                Anubis wanted to ascend, yet Ra refused to help him.
                Ra was the reason that Anubis knew about ascension in the first place, and because he was in Ra's service, he learned how to hide things from an ascended being.
                Oma said that Anubis "must have found" some research......in other words, she doesn't know.....in other words, the producers couldn't figure out a good enough reason to explain why Oma help Anubis. She does claim that when he went, he knew EXACTLY what he was doing.
                When Oma failed to correct her mistake, the others pushed him down a couple levels. They also warned him not to use anything that he wouldn't otherwise know as a regular old Goauld......so......back to Ra's service, to listen to him boasting about more things

this gives a continuity as to why Anubis had disappeared for so long, he was in the service of Ra, and he didn't want any of the other Goauld to know.

NOTHING THERE ABOUT RA HELPING HIM TO ASCEND......try reading please, before making wild accusations

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                  Ra never took over an Asgard.
                  True

an asgard? i was thinking he took a teenage Unas, one before his horns grew in......his "skin" seemed to have scales
                  True

personally, i think he was one of the ascended
                  lol
                  False
                  sigpic

Comment

so explain why Ra was glowing. technically, the movie simply doesn't say one way or the other about his ascendedness.....and since it is fiction, and the series is over, so long as a person is pulling from something, why not.......it is a way to make the movie and the series compatible
                    if not ascended, you would have to explain why Ra was glowing, AND why the Unas form began to show....also, you need to explain the glowing light that was shown when Ra "possessed" the boy in Egypt

Comment

Been a while since I've seen it, but the Unas seemed to glow from an impending explosion.
                      sigpic

Comment

an Unas does glow because of an impending explosion.....and was he in a human body or an Unas body?
                        you also have to explain Anubis being there, and seemingly, being killed, yet alive again in the series.....he had his head taken off
                        an Unas doesn't have powers to glow, unless he is ascended

Comment

so explain why Ra was glowing. technically, the movie simply doesn't say one way or the other about his ascendedness.....and since it is fiction, and the series is over, so long as a person is pulling from something, why not.......it is a way to make the movie and the series compatible
                          if not ascended, you would have to explain why Ra was glowing, AND why the Unas form began to show....also, you need to explain the glowing light that was shown when Ra "possessed" the boy in Egypt
                          Because the movie has several continuity errors when its compared to the show. Unless you want to go to the Kaliem galaxy.
                          Jelgate is right

Comment

i have an explanation for the Kaliam galaxy
                            http://navadbenyisroel.wordpress.com...ky-way-galaxy/

our systems were not really callibrated for that distance. After, what is the further outside of our planet that we have gone, Voyager 1, just barely leaving the Oort cloud now.......until the movie, or calculations for callibrating these kinds of things were all theoretical

now we have the kinks worked out......in other words, faulty equipment.....it is an easy and simple out

Comment

That's nothing but a fan excuse. Their is nothing to justify such a idea
                              Jelgate is right

Comment

Working...
                              X