Why Some Jaffa Remained pro-false god

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why Some Jaffa Remained pro-false god

When the Jaffa Rebellion happened and they finally took Dakara, why were there still some Jaffa left willing to serve the Goa'uld? Anyone?
    If you're interested in reading my longest fanfic story, which is an action/adventure story involving the elusive Furlings (as well as if you want to read the others), please click the link below.
    [URL="http://www.fanfiction.net/s/6888222/1/Tauri_Furling_First_Contact_and_Alliance[/URL]

RIP Sep 2010 to beloved gateworld.net member and forum contributor Weedle, very skilled soldier with military special operations, a wonderful human being, and a friend to so many on gateworld. May we keep his memory close.

Originally posted by StargateWatcher View Post
    When the Jaffa Rebellion happened and they finally took Dakara, why were there still some Jaffa left willing to serve the Goa'uld? Anyone?
    Why in the face of evolution some still believe in the Bible God? Human/Jaffa nature plus indoctrination

Comment

Originally posted by siles View Post
      Why in the face of evolution some still believe in the Bible God? Human/Jaffa nature plus indoctrination
      I was going to say that, but I won't. I'll be more ambiguous.

People are stubborn and refuse to change. Simple as that.

Comment

Originally posted by StargateWatcher View Post
        Do remember that the galaxy is MASSIVE and that by far the most (>99%) of the Jaffa never met these mysterious "tau'ri" that supposedly killed a god.

Beliefs upheld for centuries and challenged by word-of-mouth are hard to kill.

Jaffa that witnessed SG1 firsthand were fairly easy to sway, but it's clear that merely telling isn't gonna do anything.

Comment

I don't actually think they believed baal was there God at least I don't think a lot of them did.

I think they just saw baal as a master.

basically stuck with there master for
          loyalty
          greed
          power
          a home for their family
          scared of turning against
          I mean the list can go on so many reasons

Comment

Wonderful answers guys; thanks!
            If you're interested in reading my longest fanfic story, which is an action/adventure story involving the elusive Furlings (as well as if you want to read the others), please click the link below.
            [URL="http://www.fanfiction.net/s/6888222/1/Tauri_Furling_First_Contact_and_Alliance[/URL]

RIP Sep 2010 to beloved gateworld.net member and forum contributor Weedle, very skilled soldier with military special operations, a wonderful human being, and a friend to so many on gateworld. May we keep his memory close.

Comment

I think the phrase "Better the devil you know" works here. They knew what they had under their 'false god', and didn't know what life would be like without him.

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                I think the phrase "Better the devil you know" works here. They knew what they had under their 'false god', and didn't know what life would be like without him.
                well we have things like the internet and media to understand what else is out there. The reason (one of many) that regimes often can stand is because they deny the population this. E.g. in North korea they pretty much believe what they're told because nobody's allowed to tell them anything else.

The jaffa have no internet and no press and no form of communication other than the occasional visit. Somebody branded as a traitor gets shot on sight, whereas on earth they could assume an identity on the internet and speak.

So many jaffa would not be aware of what's going on and why.

(post-Dakara, the jaffa that remained loyal to Ba'al seemed to serve him more for convenience etc than for ignorance. Ba'al himself seemed to have dropped that god act post-dakara anyway).

Comment

That makes me wonder. With those vo-cubes and the gate network being so vast, could they get up a comms network using those devices.

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                    That makes me wonder. With those vo-cubes and the gate network being so vast, could they get up a comms network using those devices.
                    Well i think goa'uld tech was mostly restricted to goa'uld use, the idea being that the Vocuum was not a hologram but rather the "god" appearing.

But yea, the stargate makes for a pretty fast and useful communication network.

Comment

I always looked at it as, the rebel Jaffa (mainly) came from more well know Goa'uld etc. The one's who remained pro god were as though they were from some small village and the news hadn't traveled that far...

"What, what rebellion?" lol

Comment

Working...
                      X