TV Series cancelled too often these days

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TV Series cancelled too often these days

I feel as though it is hard getting in to most shows these days knowing so many of them will be cancelled after 1 or 2 seasons, I understand why they get cancelled because of views but it seems so stupid that every year we have so many new shows that are just going to get cancelled the year after.

Personally I think they should start doing more mini series for tv series, if they did I think we would have seen an end to many shows a lot of us enjoyed

Usually, the downloaders get the blame for the cancellation...

I know of at least one show which got cancelled two years ago I think, but will be back with a new season in the Summer as the broadcasting station realized it did far better in their summer-schedule than earlier or later in the year.

However, yes I agree plenty of shows get the axe before they get to explore themselves or develop enough. Unfortunately there are also enough shows out there that should get the axe for being horrendously bad but continue to live on, at the cost perhaps of decent material. Mary, Queen of Scots, should consider herself lucky she's not alive to see the teen show they call Reign, depicting her life (or what they think it might have been like).
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

It's always frustrating. And it always happens. Painful unjust cancellations are like a immutable fact of life in all the years of TV viewing.
      "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

cancellations are so annoying, especially when the final episode ends on a cliffhanger

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
          Usually, the downloaders get the blame for the cancellation...
          No, its always FH's fault.

Honestly, its myth that more shows get cancelled these days. Its always been the norm more shows get cancelled than renewed, I think the difference is the Internet. In the old days people would not know if their show was cancelled until months later. The Internet promotes the rabid nature of fandoms and allows us to know about our shows instantly
          Originally posted by aretood2
          Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
            No, its always FH's fault.
            Well... I'm like Jewel -- anything she appears in, will get cancelled. If I watch it, it will get cancelled. Ye have been warned.

Comment

Well... I'm like Jewel -- anything she appears in, will get cancelled. If I watch it, it will get cancelled. Ye have been warned.
              We should use this power for evil. You should watch reality tv. You will suffer but it will make us happy
              Jelgate is right

Comment

I agree with Jel

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by pookey View Post
                  I agree with Jel

Its to be expected you would agree with a calm and rational mind.
                  Jelgate is right

Comment

There is a show I have just started watching on Watch here in the UK. I like what I've seen and then I find out it has been cancelled after reaching the teens in episodes.

And another show on E4. It had potential and it's been cancelled after only one season.
                    As for reality TV. I'd rather watch paint dry...!
                    "What do you mean by 'Oopps'?"
                    Team Starfist protects all. But having a fully loaded P-90 helps...
                    Reality is an illusion... Created by those who cannot handle Stargate...!
                    Jankowski's Rules: Rule 1: Check your Six!
                    I'm not perfect. But parts of me are excellent I also cook...!
                    To thy own self... Be true
                    May the odds.... Be ever in your favour..!

Comment

Originally posted by Starfist View Post
                      There is a show I have just started watching on Watch here in the UK. I like what I've seen and then I find out it has been cancelled after reaching the teens in episodes.

And another show on E4. It had potential and it's been cancelled after only one season.
                      What shows were they?

Comment

We should use this power for evil. You should watch reality tv. You will suffer but it will make us happy
                        Include the straightjacket and we have a deal.

Comment

Originally posted by knowles2 View Post
                          What shows were they?
                          At a guess I'd say Almost Human and The Tomorrow People, both shows cancelled by their US Networks at almost the same time as being launched as "The hit US drama" here.

I think what annoys me more about cancellations is when it's happened 4 or 5 times for the same network, that they continue to believe that the replacement show will be the next x-files for them, rather than just accepting the fact that less people watch TV nowdays, especially on that one particular night, and even if they broadcasted busty blonde naked mud wrestling, they still wouldn't get more than the 4 million viewers they got for the cancelled show.

Network Executives are as stupid and still live in the 1980's where there were only 5 channels, and every show brings in 35 million viewers each week, they need to come into the 21st century with the rest of us and realise that there are hundreds of channels and 5 other electrical entertainment formats now so that show bringing in 5 million steady viewers each week is a success, not a failure.

Comment

Include the straightjacket and we have a deal.
                            PH can be your straight jacket.
                            Originally posted by Ian-S View Post
                            At a guess I'd say Almost Human and The Tomorrow People, both shows cancelled by their US Networks at almost the same time as being launched as "The hit US drama" here.

I think what annoys me more about cancellations is when it's happened 4 or 5 times for the same network, that they continue to believe that the replacement show will be the next x-files for them, rather than just accepting the fact that less people watch TV nowdays, especially on that one particular night, and even if they broadcasted busty blonde naked mud wrestling, they still wouldn't get more than the 4 million viewers they got for the cancelled show.

Network Executives are as stupid and still live in the 1980's where there were only 5 channels, and every show brings in 35 million viewers each week, they need to come into the 21st century with the rest of us and realise that there are hundreds of channels and 5 other electrical entertainment formats now so that show bringing in 5 million steady viewers each week is a success, not a failure.
                            That kind of thinking is completely false. Networks have renewed show that a few years ago would have been cancelled with their ratings.
                            Jelgate is right

Comment

PH can be your straight jacket.
                              It'll be a massacre.

Comment

Working...
                              X