No announcement yet.

Chevron 8.2 London, UK April 24th-26th 2015

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm considering going to this. There's a nice selection of guests, I've always wanted to see 'Herak', loved Michael's portrayal of the hapless First Prime, and Kawalsky too, Jay Acovone is such a personable guy.

The main reason for going is to visit my sister who I haven't seen in 8 years, thought it would be nice to add a Stargate convention to the trip whilst I'm in the UK. I'll also visit my brother in law who lives near Reading since I'm in the area.

Now to find the money to finance the trip! Luckily we still have a bank account in the UK which has some money in it from a pension hubby had to take out early, so that helps with buying the convention ticket and paying for the hotel for 3 nights so I don't get hammered with the exchange rate. The air fare is the scary cost!

I also hope to see some familiar fellow Stargate fans who came from the UK that I met at the Vancouver cons too.

Comment

If Shanks was a guest we'd be there with bells on.....atm there's not enough guest-wise there yet to make us pay out for two tickets and a hotel room....however we might drive over to see a few people if we feel like it and have time.. ...it's only a couple of hrs on the M25 if the roads aren't too bad....we shall see....air prices are indeed horrific to and from Vancouver ....now we've had the added expense of a new car I think next year will be the first year in 10 that we won't be visiting Vancouver

Deeds xx
      sigpic
      Thanks to slizzie1986 for signature
      MSOL - Official Website of Michael Shanks

Comment

Originally posted by StuckintheStargate View Post
        Aw man that sounds awesome! are they all going to chevron did you say? Also where abouts is gatecon?
        What's this about going to chevron?

Comment

StuckintheStargate, I went to creation entertainment two years in a row (2012 and 2013) in Chicago. It was great! You should go. I got some awesome props and autographs. Meat some good actors, like Chris judge, Michael shanks, amanda tapping, joe flangagan, David Hewlett, Ben Browder and so many more.

Comment

I've never been to a con, and I've never met any of the Stargate actors, but this convention sounds kind of cool! I'm definitely going to look into this!

Comment

Originally posted by discodiva View Post
              If Shanks was a guest we'd be there with bells on.....atm there's not enough guest-wise there yet to make us pay out for two tickets and a hotel room....however we might drive over to see a few people if we feel like it and have time.. ...it's only a couple of hrs on the M25 if the roads aren't too bad....we shall see....air prices are indeed horrific to and from Vancouver ....now we've had the added expense of a new car I think next year will be the first year in 10 that we won't be visiting Vancouver

Deeds xx
              I've had to buy a new car too after I lost my job which was just a 15 minute walk from home, so that's put a bit of pressure on the finances unfortunately. I would really like to go to this con. Hopefully I'll land a new permanent job before then, all the while I'm working temp assignments it doesn't look like I'll make the trip.

Comment

The Mrs and I are seriously thinking of doing this one. Just waiting for the discount code to see what the overall cost would be.
                sigpic
                Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

I was really hoping to be in a position to go to this one, but finances are way too tight, so I'll need to skip it and hope they announce 8.3!
                  sigpic
                  Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

I'm not sure if the ticket sales have been that good tbh....Jason is asking for everyone to promote it anywhere they can and its certainly leaving the hotel promo code till quite late for a Convention....he seems to forget that people need to book things early and get positive and definite reassurance from him that all is well with the Con.....tbh he sounds pretty negative on the "ideas" thread...

Compared to the excitement that Fedcon caused last year when they got RDA, AT and MS (which goes to show it can still be done AND attract great crowds) this one seems pretty flat atm....

I'm not going because I've always said my loyalties lie with seeing Michael Shanks and/or RDA first and as money is tight I'm going to save my money for appearances that they do that I can get to....I definitely made the right call with Fedcon that's for sure..

Deeds xx
                    sigpic

Comment

I wish Fedcon would do something over here...they seem to know exactly how to do it!

I went to 8.0 and I wasn't that full of confidence for it, but I went and had a good time (even though the way they ran the autographs/photoshoots was utterly shambolic)
                      sigpic

Comment

My first Fedcon was last year's and it was simply AMAZING!...and not just for the fact that the 3 SG1 guys were on stage together for the first time ever...ALL the panels were brilliant from what I saw and heard from other people...the stage, lighting and professional presentation was faultless and the party atmosphere great.....auto and photo queues were long, a few people got "shouted at" but hey ho, I've been at worse...

I've done 6 Chevrons I think, 2 with Michael, 1 with Rick, 1 with Amanda & 2 without any of the Big Four....they varied within degrees of great, good, not so good, pretty poor depending on crowd size, organisation & guest likeability.....but for a UK-based dedicated Con it's all there is atm....and somehow I don't see much competition appearing atm.....

But if MS, AT or RDA appear at them again I'll be there for sure......

I will DEFINITELY do Fedcon again if funds permit it....

Deeds xx
                        sigpic

Comment

It's my dream to do Fedcon and Dragon Con someday....nearly did Fedcon last year but I couldn't justify the cost...just need to wait till I get a new job

I still miss the Wolf Events, but they were just getting smaller and smaller so I understand why they didn't continue.

I'm actually kind of sad that the comic con format's becoming so popular - I find them so impersonal, and you actually spend more money because obviously autos and photoshoots aren't included in entry...but I suppose in the UK it's better than nothing.
                          sigpic

Comment

Hi everyone,

I'm really sorry! I have been off ill for the whole of December and so really not on top of this. Please accept my apologies! :-(

I have spoken to the hotel today and they are going to generate the necessary weblink for booking rooms and get it to me asap. If I have have not heard anything by Thursday I will chase them again and make sure that we have it for you this week.

Again, sorry you have had to wait so long and I am on the case now.

Thanks for your patience.

Take care,

Mark :smile:
                            Good news! Can't wait to see it and see if the funds will allow. I'd love to meet Carlos Lauchu as Anubis from the film was what my username and really old ava/signature set was.
                            sigpic
                            Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

Working...
                            X