Chevron 8.2 London, UK April 24th-26th 2015

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chevron 8.2 London, UK April 24th-26th 2015

Since no one else has made one, figured I would?

Guests so far:
    • David Blue "Eli Wallace" @DavidBlue
    • Corin Nemec "Jonas Quinn" @imcorinnemec
    • Chuck Campbell "Chuck"
    • Connor Trinneer "Michael" @ConnorTrinneer
    • Michael Adamthwaite "Her'ak" @M_Adamthwaite

Hotel is, as per usual, The Radisson Edwardian, Heathrow. Free bust service from Heathrow to right outside the con hotel, McDonalds right next to it. (Nothing really changes for this con does it?)
    • Gold tickets have sold at least 105 (so about 45 left). They are £210 and include all autographs, a photograph with standard guests (which is most, in my experience), access to the Friday night Gold only cocktail party (free booze!) and the other parties.
    • Silver tickets are just missing the cocktail party, and cost £145.
    • General admission is £88 and you get up to 6 autographs, no photo-ops, those are extra.
    • VIP you get a little bit extra, and costs £1,295.

You can buy a ticket and upgrade at the con if there is availability, BTW.

I'm thinking of arranging a Thursday night get together, depending on how many people are interested...Hope to see some of you at the con xx

Hi there,
    I may be attending this event. I will probably be going 'Silver' as I did at Chevron 8.1.
    But I have to pay for my Security Licence first. ( I need to work so I can pay to attend the event)

A Thursday night get together sounds fun. But will the Hotel charge extra for the Thursday night or will they charge the 'Con' rate.
    "What do you mean by 'Oopps'?"
    Team Starfist protects all. But having a fully loaded P-90 helps...
    Reality is an illusion... Created by those who cannot handle Stargate...!
    Jankowski's Rules: Rule 1: Check your Six!
    I'm not perfect. But parts of me are excellent I also cook...!
    To thy own self... Be true
    May the odds.... Be ever in your favour..!

Comment

I can't even get to a Con here in the US....so doubt I could go across the pond.

Connor is a DOLL......I've met him (twice!)....and I'd like to meet Corin.

*sigh* A girl can always dream.......

IHS
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Starfist View Post
        Hi there,
        I may be attending this event. I will probably be going 'Silver' as I did at Chevron 8.1.
        But I have to pay for my Security Licence first. ( I need to work so I can pay to attend the event)

A Thursday night get together sounds fun. But will the Hotel charge extra for the Thursday night or will they charge the 'Con' rate.
        Hmm, I'm not sure. I know most conventions get Thursday nights included in their rates, but I'll email Show MAsters about it to see what they say and get back to you xx

Comment

Thank You...
          About asking Show Masters about the Thursday Night...
          "What do you mean by 'Oopps'?"
          Team Starfist protects all. But having a fully loaded P-90 helps...
          Reality is an illusion... Created by those who cannot handle Stargate...!
          Jankowski's Rules: Rule 1: Check your Six!
          I'm not perfect. But parts of me are excellent I also cook...!
          To thy own self... Be true
          May the odds.... Be ever in your favour..!

Comment

I'd really love to come to another one. I haven't been to a Chevron since RDA went. 7.6, I think. I miss the experience.
            sigpic
            Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

I've only recently got into Stargate, mainly Atlantis (yet to see SGU), and I've never been to a convention before, but I'm thinking about going to Chevron. I have no idea what to expect though. You can only get so much information from a website.
              Last edited by PuddleJ; 06 November 2014, 12:57 PM.
              My Fanfiction - http://archiveofourown.org/works/sea...icted%5D=false

Comment

Do you think they will add any more guests?
                "Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinded critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all." Isaac Asimov

Comment

I mean corin nemec is reason enough to go but I'm just curious
                  "Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinded critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all." Isaac Asimov

Comment

StuckintheStargate, Connor Trinnear is almost worth it. We met him at GateCon 14 (Chicago), and he was kind and incredibly funny. His panel had me rolling. He was so very nice to us!
                    I would LOVE to meet Corin. He's freaking hilarious. I'm hoping he'll be at GatCon 15. Dan Payne and Alex Zahara (both had several roles in both shows) are going to be back, and I'm almost more thrilled that they're going to be there again than anyone else! They were awesome this year. They hosted the karaoke party, and honestly, that was the highlight of the weekend (aside from getting to squeeze Jason Momoa's bicep). Joe Flannigan is coming back too (his panel was the best). Peter Williams (Apophis) is going to be there too. I'm hoping AT and/or CJ will be there. I would like it if Cliff Simon came back too. I accosted him in the lobby!

Iheartshep, JF! You need to start saving up now! It's in August!
                    FF Name ~ Shoe Queen

Read my 2014 Sam and Jack Multimedia Awards nominated fics!

Galatea
                    I Saw Three Ships
                    What Are You Doing New Year's Eve?
                    Staying Behind
                    Always Find You
                    Paper Flowers
                    The Things We Want
                    Have Yourself a Shippy Little Christmas

Comment

Aw man that sounds awesome! are they all going to chevron did you say? Also where abouts is gatecon?

Comment

Gatecon no longer runs cons atm...

Creation however run the one in August in Chicago...

They are NOT the same companies..
                        sigpic
                        Thanks to slizzie1986 for signature
                        MSOL - Official Website of Michael Shanks

Comment

Here is the forum for Chevron 8.2 - if any guests are added - or have to cancel (which does happen) they will be announced here..

http://showmastersonline.com/forums/...?showforum=302

Deeds xx
                          sigpic
                          Thanks to slizzie1986 for signature
                          MSOL - Official Website of Michael Shanks

Comment

Originally posted by discodiva View Post
                            Here is the forum for Chevron 8.2 - if any guests are added - or have to cancel (which does happen) they will be announced here..

http://showmastersonline.com/forums/...?showforum=302

Deeds xx
                            Awesome I'll be sure to follow that one!

Comment

Originally posted by discodiva View Post
                              Gatecon no longer runs cons atm...

Creation however run the one in August in Chicago...

They are NOT the same companies..
                              Ah well if they are in the states then that's fine: I ain't got enough money to leave the uk

Comment

Working...
                              X