Amount of material after replicators fall apart

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Amount of material after replicators fall apart

Probably been asked before. As everything has.

But it's been bothering me that there is very little material left when replicators fall apart after they've been fired upon by Asgard disruptor weapons. This is the same with spider-like and human form replicators.

For example, in the scene where great many swarming replicators were fought onboard the Odyssey, or when Nyam was destroyed right in front of the camera. In all cases the amount of stuff on the ground was clearly less than the volume and mass of the functioning units. This was especially obvious when the leftover bits were picked up by people. Functioning human form replicators clearly have the mass comparable to a human.

Why so?

Special effects ran out of budget perhaps.
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Possibly even just an error in production. After all there need to be physical blocks for certain shots as well the digitally created ones. In theory to make the number of blocks look like the right amount they should use both but some artists might animate the replicators but then accidentally forget to add the digital blocks to the background.... stuff happens.
      Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

the HFR's is easy. Given the mass of some transuranium atoms, and the fact that HFR's are made of neutronium (=heavy element), a HFR with a complete volume would probably leave a heavy clunking sound with every step and would weigh hundreds of kilograms.

So, a HFR is made of a ton of empty space, probably using complex spaceframe-like nanite structures to be both light yet strong.

as to regular replicators, no clue but i guess budget has to do with it.

Comment

Thanks for everyone's opinions.

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
            the HFR's is easy. Given the mass of some transuranium atoms, and the fact that HFR's are made of neutronium (=heavy element), a HFR with a complete volume would probably leave a heavy clunking sound with every step and would weigh hundreds of kilograms.

So, a HFR is made of a ton of empty space, probably using complex spaceframe-like nanite structures to be both light yet strong.

as to regular replicators, no clue but i guess budget has to do with it.
            i agree with your concept that most would be empty space, i must disagree with the idea that if they were solid, they would make a heavy cluncking noise...they weren't clumpsy......but, the HFRs were suppose to be like us, and humans, we are mostly air
            we are cells made up of atoms......even if the atoms making the cells were tightly packed, atoms are mostly empty space anyways....so, we are mostly a bunch of hot air

Comment

Working...
            X