After so many years, I'm still going

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ozzydave View Post
    I wonder if, at 35, Im one of the older, younger or middle of the road aged fans?

I hope I can get my son into it when he is old enough for it so I can re-watch again with somebody with fresh eyes!
    Based upon the things said for SGU, you're smack dab in the target audience catergory.

(when they said "younger audience" for SGU they meant people in their 30's. I believe the main category is 40-50)

Comment

Originally posted by Krisz View Post

I watch random episodes too, Stargate is my 'happy place'!
      Oh my gosh, how true this is! Tough day? Chuck on an SG-1 episode and you get 40+ minutes of calm!

Comment

Don't get me wrong, I love me some SG:1, thought SG:A was ok and was entertained by SG:U but rewatching the series just this year, after 5 years of growing up, my first marriage, 2 combat tours I still enjoyed SG:1 but felt that it was a show who's life is best spent outside of a reality where the country endured a massive recession and 13 years of war. It was just too campy and the supposed "military tactics" and procedures were completely laughable.

Hell, in Afghanistan, we would never leave our base unless we had a minimum of 14 guys, one automatic weapon, on mobile mortar cannon, multiple radios and 3 days of water......and this was for terrain we already had prior intel on, not an unknown distant, possibly hostile planet. After rewatching SG:U, it quickly became my favorite of the three with its more honest portrayal of human interactions in an austere environment.

Man they need to wrap that story up!

Comment

I agree it does
          sigpic
          My Favorite Scifi/Fantasy T.V. Shows, Movies, Franchises, My Sports Teams & My Fav Sitcom
          poundpuppy29 AKA Erika = Astrology Nut, Scifi-Fantasy Junkie & Massachusetts Girl

Comment

Originally posted by ozzydave View Post
            I wonder if, at 35, Im one of the older, younger or middle of the road aged fans?

I hope I can get my son into it when he is old enough for it so I can re-watch again with somebody with fresh eyes!
            I'm a few years younger than you but I know Gaters who are significantly older than both of us!
            I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

Originally posted by Matt G View Post
              I'm a few years younger than you but I know Gaters who are significantly older than both of us!
              Like me!
              Although I was probably around your ages when I started SG1.
              sigpic

Comment

i will never give up hope that mgm will do something for the tv stargate franchise. the best opportunity for all-fans-happy is a combo movie. even amanda think it's still a chance.

if we could only get fans to come together and let mgm know...
                sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
                  i will never give up hope that mgm will do something for the tv stargate franchise. the best opportunity for all-fans-happy is a combo movie. even amanda think it's still a chance.

if we could only get fans to come together and let mgm know...
                  sadly to say, probably the best that the fans can do,is to put together their own episodes.....which is what i have trying to get some people together to do
                  a game called minecraft allows you to make anything you want, i have been trying to put together all of the scenes of all of the episodes
                  many people have made stargates in the game, or different ships......i am trying to put all of it together, and then get a group of people together to act out all the episodes, and then to continue with SGU and even to make a new stargate spin-off altogether
                  but the going is slow

Comment

Originally posted by Melbol Of Worlds View Post
                    sadly to say, probably the best that the fans can do,is to put together their own episodes.....which is what i have trying to get some people together to do
                    a game called minecraft allows you to make anything you want, i have been trying to put together all of the scenes of all of the episodes
                    many people have made stargates in the game, or different ships......i am trying to put all of it together, and then get a group of people together to act out all the episodes, and then to continue with SGU and even to make a new stargate spin-off altogether
                    but the going is slow
                    I guess this is the next step after fan fic, a need to see something new visually. I've written my own continuation of SGU for myself, just wanted to take it where I imagined it could go with the various storylines and character development. I don't share my fan fics though as I'm not great at it and wouldn't inflict them on others! lol. It just means it's another way I can wallow in some Stargate.

Hope your venture comes to pass and we see your vision of how SGU continues.

Comment

Originally posted by Krisz View Post
                      I guess this is the next step after fan fic, a need to see something new visually. I've written my own continuation of SGU for myself, just wanted to take it where I imagined it could go with the various storylines and character development. I don't share my fan fics though as I'm not great at it and wouldn't inflict them on others! lol. It just means it's another way I can wallow in some Stargate.

Hope your venture comes to pass and we see your vision of how SGU continues.
                      well, that sounds interesting now
                      i have my own version as well
                      But i like visual, and so i want to have it made in minecraft, but i need people. I can have a bunch of villagers all running around as the extras, but i still need a few people with "freewill" to direct a story line.
                      my version of Stargate as a whole, i try to make all of it compatible.....but i am having a problem with this most recent issue.
                      i would be interested in shooting around some ideas if you are game for it

Comment

I rewatch as well, whenever I want.
                        That's my way of being a 'freak' as far as Stargate is concerned.
                        If people laugh I laugh back - no need to discuss.
                        That's my personal touch.
                        CARPE DIEM
                        ANJA

Comment

I'm 26 now. I've been watching Stargate since the pilot episode when I was 8. I loved the show then and I still love it now. I religiously buy the Fandimonium books to get my fix. I frequently rewatch the show - whether random episodes or marathons.

My lady friend and I have been rewatching the show (she's obsessed with Atlantis and Sheppard). Before her, the ex and I rewatched the show too.

I don't think I'll ever get sick of the show. I grew up with it. It's as important to me as Trek is.
                          sigpic
                          Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

I have a real thing for introducing folks to Stargate IRL as well, yeah. I do the same thing with Trek. I'm 28, been with Stargate since I was 14 and it moved to the Sci-Fi Channel here in the States. I've done rewatches by way of getting new fans several times. My ex-wife is a huge Stargate fan now, and one of my best friends is doing a chronological first time watch and I get to experience it all over again through him. (We're up to SG-1 S8/SGA S1 right now.)

I won't get tired of it or Trek. Got into Trek when I was... well... when I was born. My grandmother had the TNG pilot on TV two weeks after I came home, haha.
                            If you've seen a Jeff O'Connor or a JeffZero or a Jeff Zero or a JeffZeroConnor elsewhere on the net, there's a considerable chance it's me.

Comment

I still miss TV SG but I am happy this site is still here this is the only forum I really got comfortable on made some great friends I mainly lurk on other forums post a little
                              sigpic
                              My Favorite Scifi/Fantasy T.V. Shows, Movies, Franchises, My Sports Teams & My Fav Sitcom
                              poundpuppy29 AKA Erika = Astrology Nut, Scifi-Fantasy Junkie & Massachusetts Girl

Comment

I have watched the Stargate episodes at least a dozen times each. They never get old. They only leave me yearning for more! I will never forgive MGM for not going ahead with the third SG1 movie when all we fans wanted was MORE of the same!

I love RDA and think he was/is the best!

Comment

Working...
                                X