Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Battlestar Galatica- Very Late Newcomer.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Battlestar Galatica- Very Late Newcomer.

Hello all, i got into BSG very late as i initially dismissed it as just another Scifi program, but recently had the time to experience it and wow.
    I was absoloutley amazed at everything and when i got to the end, i simply started from the beginning again, its that good.
    One thing that amazed me was that pretty much throughout the entire Series i was atcually rooting for the cylons.
    Although many of them i disliked, several of them atcually made me root for them and towards the end when you see all the sixes and eights around BSG it made me really happy.
    This mostly i think comes from the Number Six character, apart from being drop dead gorgous of course, Tricia Helfer is also an amazing actress the way she can go from being seductive and feline like to being worried scared and even wide eyed innocent is amazing and its all the little details like the way she sets her eyes, mouth etc.
    And thats what made me root for that particular character was just the sheer amount of range that we see through out the program, the Gina Character was amazing and shocking at the same time as you could see the physical and emotional pain in her, likewise Head Six was more devilish and naughty.
    Leoben Was another character i like greatly as i felt that along with the Six he posses insight and forgiveness that is remarkable.
    Another character i loved was Gaius Baltur, through out the series i was begging him to tell Six that he loved her and to mean it.
    But he was constantly persucuted but at the end of the day as Lampkin pointed out, he was trapped in a impossible situatuion and just turned on himself.
    But then again there were character that lots of people seem to like i just didnt, Starbuck for example i thought she just seemed to come across as an arrogant teenager and then later on she just became this troubled brooding women who snapped at people and was generally horrible to them.
    But maybe that was the idea......
    Saul Tigh, this was mixed one as i felt that he was a jerk most of the time and then his treatment of the Caprica Six (which by the way just felt wrong to me) was dispicable, she miscarries and he seems to forget all about her.
    Sharon Valerii, again another character that sometimes i liked and felt sorry for and other times just found it hard to relate to her, but there multiple versions and they are all different.
    The D'Anna character was perfect in her role although i was wondering whether she really loved Gaius and Six or just used them?

Anyway thanks reading this.

Originally posted by MigGames View Post
    I was absoloutley amazed at everything and when i got to the end, i simply started from the beginning again, its that good.
    Yeah, I've enjoyed watching, and re-watching it, as well. Saw it during its initial run on SyFy. Rewatched it over a couple months on Netflix streaming in 2011, or maybe 2012? And I'm currently going through it again on Blu-ray with my brother, who hadn't seen it before. We watched "The Plan" last night. All we have left are "Someone to Watch Over Me", "Islanded in a Stream of Stars", and "Daybreak". With the latter two, haven't seen the extended versions before, so those'll be the versions we'll see.

One thing that amazed me was that pretty much throughout the entire Series i was atcually rooting for the cylons.
    I don't think I was ever firmly on one side over the other. Started out, obviously, invested fully in the colonials. But as the show went on, definitely was drawn into the conflict within the cylons as well, and they were as much characters as the humans. Some of the best conflicts in the show were human vs human, so there never seemed to be pure, singular "villain", just a lot of people/groups just trying to survive in a very difficult set of circumstances.

And thats what made me root for that particular character was just the sheer amount of range that we see through out the program, the Gina Character was amazing and shocking at the same time as you could see the physical and emotional pain in her, likewise Head Six was more devilish and naughty.
    Helfer was great in doing different things with the different Six versions. Gina was actually one I didn't like (as a character, not in terms of Helfer's performance). She was positioned to bring down Pegasus, acted on that and used/betrayed the crew, and then afterwards in her position leading that pro-cylon group, detonated the nuke Gaius gave her to kill a lot of people and led the cylons to New Caprica and the resultant occupation. A lot of horrors occured on NC (and in its aftermath), and Gina played a significant role in allowing that to happen.

Leoben Was another character i like greatly as i felt that along with the Six he posses insight and forgiveness that is remarkable.
    I enjoyed the twisted relationship and what it grew into. I was fascinated by his talk of Thrace's "destiny" and seeing where that went. If I recall right, though, there was no interaction between the two characters in the final episode, and I was disappointed by that. Would have loved a final scene between the two in the last episode.

But then again there were character that lots of people seem to like i just didnt, Starbuck for example i thought she just seemed to come across as an arrogant teenager and then later on she just became this troubled brooding women who snapped at people and was generally horrible to them.
    Especially on repeated viewings, I do really like the character. Especially first half of 4th season, where there's greater focus in her with her determination to get to Earth, and a good-scary edge to her. Performance-wise, I felt Sackhoff improved over the years, too. Starbuck was the type of character/person you're glad to have on your side, because she'll seriously frak up the opposition. Loved her skill-set and don't-mess-with-me attitude.

Saul Tigh, this was mixed one as i felt that he was a jerk most of the time and then his treatment of the Caprica Six (which by the way just felt wrong to me) was dispicable, she miscarries and he seems to forget all about her.
    Sharon Valerii, again another character that sometimes i liked and felt sorry for and other times just found it hard to relate to her, but there multiple versions and they are all different.
    I liked Tigh a lot. Hogan's great performance was part of it, and the way he used his voice. And the character had grown/changed by final season. I'll agree that the Tigh/Caprica Six storyline was my least favorite for him. But loved the character and how they utilized him.

The D'Anna character was perfect in her role although i was wondering whether she really loved Gaius and Six or just used them?
    I've definitely been smitten by Lawless in the role. Yeah, I thought she was great. When she first sees Gaius after she's unboxed, definitely seemed like genuine concern when she sees he is injured. I think ultimately, she was more invested in learning about the Final Five and getting to Earth, but I think she was genuine in her affection for him. Not sure about her feelings toward Six.

Anyway thanks reading this.
    Thanks for posting. Enjoyed reading and responding.

Comment

Working...
    X