Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you can show me that the studio or anyone who worked on SGU is involved then I will throw tons of money at this. Other wise there is no real way you can make this happen. Best of luck though.

Comment

This made me laugh so hard

Pure genius XD

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
        You might want to read update 4 on the kickstarter site then

The project is now at almost $20k with 164 backers pledging an average of $120.

The FAQ has been updated, which addresses many of the subjects mentioned here.

And I am working on a few promotional aspects alluded to in this thread.

Thanks

The utterly mad kickstarter.

Comment

I have visited this website forum many times but never really felt the need to register or comment or anything. I suppose you could call me a lurker.

I am really disappointed that the fans of this show wouldn't support any campaign regardless of how far fetched it might seem.

Hind sight is 20/20 okay yes some sort of massive internet campaign could have been started to do a kick starter project so that we were guaranteed to make x amount on day one. It didn't happen nobody was organizing it. If you don't think it will ever work then go to the page and pledge 10,000. It's a 100% funding or the project doesn't get started.

This isn't a petition this is people showing how much they will pay to see stargate again.

Suggesting that it will never work is silly people can die be stuck in stasis pods they can some how us langara to replace missing members of the crew.

A fan fiction comic book graphic novel is not what I want. I want the show I want to see it on tv from time to time. I want to see the reruns on the syfy channel again. I have watched every season of sg1 sga and sgu multiple times. I know its on amazon prime but sometimes I like TV.

I say thanks to the "crazy" Australian guy for doing something other than posting what if scenarios in a blog or internet forum and doing something. I for one pledged 500$ for this and I truly hope it succeeds. I respectfully ask all of you to work with the guy and get the word out regardless of how ideal or not ideal the situation is. Reality be darned this is science fiction !

Comment

Originally posted by Mnikolic View Post
            But it just can't work if even the actors don't want to do it because they've already moved on to do other things in life. The same case is with SGU.
            My hope is if they did renew Stargate Universe they would pull actors from the other shows. They should invite all the actors back and anyone who doesnt return to the set should be killed off in the statis pods.

They should open the episode with a bunch of the new cast coming through the gate. The new cast should be people like Rodney Mckay, Cameron Mitchell, John Sheppard, Daniel Jackson, ect plus some new actors. They find the stasis pods and discover that they have been damaged and that some of the original crew didnt survive the jump. They proceed to wake them up and continue on there way.

Comment

This would also draw in the audiences from the first two series (sorry for the double post)

Comment

This would also draw in audiences from the first two series. They could even tell the fate of the Pegasuses galaxy through Shepard by making him experience back flashes throughout the season. (Sorry for the double post)

Comment

Originally posted by Wouble View Post
                  My hope is if they did renew Stargate Universe they would pull actors from the other shows. They should invite all the actors back and anyone who doesnt return to the set should be killed off in the statis pods.

They should open the episode with a bunch of the new cast coming through the gate. The new cast should be people like Rodney Mckay, Cameron Mitchell, John Sheppard, Daniel Jackson, ect plus some new actors. They find the stasis pods and discover that they have been damaged and that some of the original crew didnt survive the jump. They proceed to wake them up and continue on there way.
                  TV doesn't work that way. For example Cartyle couldn't leave OUAT if he wanted to unless the TPTB of OUAT decided to let
                  him go.
                  Originally posted by aretood2
                  Jelgate is right

Comment

That's fine. He can die in one of the pods and be replaced by Mckay. You can kill main actors and replace them with others. I think the Walking Dead does a good job with this. It keeps the show interesting and new.

Comment

Plus, the show could be set years in the future and could have the Stargate Homeworld finally get the needed resources for establishing a stable wormhole connection to Destiny. A new crew could board the ship and explain that the old crew simply gave up and deserted to a ship to go to a nearby planet in one episode.

Comment

Funding suspended? I can't see any updates, care to fill us in Unsynhronized?

Comment

Originally posted by Wouble View Post
                          That's fine. He can die in one of the pods and be replaced by Mckay. You can kill main actors and replace them with others. I think the Walking Dead does a good job with this. It keeps the show interesting and new.
                          So you want to replace the SGU cast with SG1/SGA cast? I really do not like that idea. It cheapens what SGU was.
                          Originally posted by aretood2
                          Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by Greymanic View Post
                            This was my fear and reasoning for not donating in the first place. I can only imagine that MGM caught wind of this and shut it down. I want the show back very much but that wont happen without the people who own the rights to the show.

Comment

Originally posted by Greymanic View Post
                              The updates are suspended too.

I have said a few things in the comments section.

I am guessing that either some fan got carried away with "promoting" the project, or as suggest in this thread, there was some reason not going to be made public. Either way I am done. I can't disprove the allegations of a kangaroo court.

Comment

Originally posted by Wolf O'Donnell View Post
                                This was my fear and reasoning for not donating in the first place. I can only imagine that MGM caught wind of this and shut it down. I want the show back very much but that wont happen without the people who own the rights to the show.
                                That's what I said from the very beginning too. I wanted this to succeed, but Stargate is MGM's property and if the leadership doesn't show any interest in persuing another movie, mini series or even a full TV series, anything related to Stargate simply will not happen. MGM rolls the dice here. We all knew this from the beginning.

This is the reason I will not be posting my upcoming Stargate fan-fic anywhere. I don't want to be shut down, so I'll be just writing it for myself.

Comment

Working...
                                X