Analyzing and expanding the Wraith caste system

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Analyzing and expanding the Wraith caste system

Basing my starter information on the first two books of the Stargate Legacy series (My reading of the others must wait because I refuse to spend $15 dollars on paperbacks from Amazon and electronic screens hurt my eyes.) I am devising a more complex Wraith caste and sub caste system. Updates will be made, here is what I have so far, let me know what you folks think-

Wraith castes and sub castes-

Queen-

Grand Elder Queen-
    Grand Queen-
    Great Queen-
    Primary-
    Hive Queen-
    Young Queen-
    Juvenile Queen-

Keeper-

Keeper-
    Keepers are female Wraith not initially bred to serve as Queens but under them instead, but in the absence of a Queen they may metamorphosis into a Queen to fill the gap. They are bred with the female Wraiths superior mental telepathy, intelligence, aptitude to learn, and memory but without the drive of a Queen to lead and control, thus not threatening the Queens position but functioning as a valuable resource. They conduct and oversee research, perform high tier and delicate maintenance tasks, conduct negotiations, and watch over the hibernating Wraith along with a small band of Blades and Drones.

Elder Keeper-

Very old Keepers who oversee groups of other Keepers and help train new Keepers. They have unfathomable technical knowledge and experience.

Consort-
    A Consort is a highly trusted Wraith officer and possibly but not always the lover of a Queen, they may be from the Clevermen or Blade caste. They often are in command of a Hive ship if no Queen from the clan or alliance is available to do so, and are generally second in command. They also are often entrusted with protecting, raising and training young Queens alongside the Queen.

Old one-
    An Old one may be of any caste, even Queens may be granted this title but such Queens are usually referred to as Grand Queens or Great elder Queens. Old ones are truly old, well in excess of ten thousand years. They are respected for their wisdom, knowledge and willpower.

Blade-
    Blade Commander-
    Blade Drone leader-

Assault Blade-
    The Assault Blade is a Wraith Elite soldier. Stronger, faster and with superior regenerative ability to other Wraith, Wraith Assault Blades are terrifying on the battlefield. These abilities come at a cost, they burn through the bio chemical and bio electric energy from feeding more quickly then other Wraith and tend to be volatile and un-submissive, bowing only to a Queens superior willpower. They also take as much time and energy as a Queen or Keeper for another Queen to create. The Atlantis expedition encountered their first Assault Blade on a habitable yet desolate planet in the Lantian system as the longest surviving Wraith of a crashed supply ship; he was dubbed later the Defiant One. The second Assault Blade encountered by the Atlantis expedition was an Old One of the Assault Blade caste. He had set himself up as a ruler of an alliance of Hives after their Queen was killed by he himself for not taking his advice regarding the time and way to assault the human planet Sateda. He was the Wraith Ronon fought hand to hand, and was killed by a Jumpers mini Drone.

Blade-

Young Blade-

Clevermen-
    Elder Cleverman-
    Overseer Cleverman-
    Cleverman apprentice-

Prefeeder-

Drones-

Warrior Drone-
    Warrior Drones are a slightly more intelligent and somewhat more self aware Drone, capable of carrying out pre given directives fairly well, but very ill equipped to handle tasks requiring any sort of imagination or creativity. Their physical capabilities are the same as a Drone. They are the second most produced Wraith.

Drone-
    A lump of muscle meant to be controlled by other Wraith; they have very limited ability when not in contact with other Wraith, degenerating into an animalistic state. They are mass produced quickly and require the least effort on the part of a Queen to create. They serve as bulk fodder in battles and stoic guards. Physically they are quite strong, but their reactions are slower then other Wraith, only around human level and they are generally undernourished as they are low on the Wraith’s to feed list, and so are killed more easily.
    Last edited by Gormagon; 03 May 2014, 03:28 PM.
    sigpicHe who controls the spice controls the universe!(And the kitchen.)

If you enjoy Minecraft or have never played but like building and exploring please check out Craftyn.com and apply for roamer status on the server at http://www.craftyn.com/forms/2/respond It is a well modded towny type server with a strong core community and lots of mini games and events. My user name is TrueGormagon and you are welcome to join the great city of Eden, Craftyns oldest player made city. (2011)

I would think that the Wraith would be big on population control with the potentials for low food supplies and not wanting to over populate with a bunch of for all practical purposes immortal beings. I would think that if you immortal the feelings to have children wouldn't run so high. And I would think a Queen might not like the idea of having princesses around.
    I like Sharky
    sigpic

Comment

I do not really see the point of complex castes and subcastes. I feel it's unnecessarily complex.

I do like the idea of an "old one" but a more proper title would be better.

Comment

Well, not only are the bases of my casts from the legacy book series but 'these castes were established to give Wraith culture more depth along the novel writers lines of thinking, and were made by the Wraith time ago at the dawn of the Wraith race, (Whenever that was, well more then 10,000 years ago.) when food was more plentiful, and Wraith were not almost entirely a race clones but primarily individuals, (The semi exception being the Drones.) There was less competition among the Wraith clans, inside Wraith clans ect, with new or young Queens basically functioning as sub commanders or leaders of smaller portions under a Primary. Going along with the Legacy series, Queen Death despises how "kings" or other males are so widespread in power, command and influence ect, remember Wraith culture is supposed to be matriarchal. Extra females are also trained to be Keepers, female Clevermen with advanced mental abilities better tuned to learning, commanding, and communicating with other Wraith and the ships they work on.
        sigpicHe who controls the spice controls the universe!(And the kitchen.)

If you enjoy Minecraft or have never played but like building and exploring please check out Craftyn.com and apply for roamer status on the server at http://www.craftyn.com/forms/2/respond It is a well modded towny type server with a strong core community and lots of mini games and events. My user name is TrueGormagon and you are welcome to join the great city of Eden, Craftyns oldest player made city. (2011)

Comment

Working...
        X