X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which would you prefer

please close thread
    Last edited by tomaso88; 14 April 2014, 07:26 AM.

It depends...

My heart says 4, but that would only be dependent on original cast members returning where appropriate and input from original writers...

Audio stories I wouldn't mind as I would probably find more interest in that than comics....but comics for the better overall picture.

Comment

It depends for me too. Which part of the franchise? I would want number 4, but I'd want it to be similar to the SG1 part of the franchise. I enjoyed the team and the episodic nature of the show. I also liked that it was family-friendly.

I wouldn't want it to be done in the SGU style though. I really didn't enjoy the infighting and such between the group... and the constant power struggle and knowledge struggle.

Although not listed above as a choice... I'd also enjoy books that picked up where the show left off and just continued the series in book form. I'm not much of a comic book reader, but I have enjoyed some of the Stargate novels and would be even more excited to read them if they were a continuation of the show rather than written somewhere within canon.

The SGA novels have the Legacy series (6 books and 2 more coming) and it picks up where season 5 left off and continues on and it was enjoyable to see what could have happened next.
      sigpic

Comment

Comment

I would go with 2 or 4. And I agree that it should be family friendly, not BSG style, like they tried with SGU.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by bailey1ak View Post
            It depends for me too. Which part of the franchise? I would want number 4, but I'd want it to be similar to the SG1 part of the franchise. I enjoyed the team and the episodic nature of the show. I also liked that it was family-friendly.

I wouldn't want it to be done in the SGU style though. I really didn't enjoy the infighting and such between the group... and the constant power struggle and knowledge struggle.

Although not listed above as a choice... I'd also enjoy books that picked up where the show left off and just continued the series in book form. I'm not much of a comic book reader, but I have enjoyed some of the Stargate novels and would be even more excited to read them if they were a continuation of the show rather than written somewhere within canon.

The SGA novels have the Legacy series (6 books and 2 more coming) and it picks up where season 5 left off and continues on and it was enjoyable to see what could have happened next.
            Yeah I'd go with that....(the books continuing on)

I've always had the opinion/impression that if it went to comic book form it would just be completely different, to different.

Comment

5. None of the above
              Originally posted by aretood2
              Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                5. None of the above
                Second that.
                Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

None of the above

Some Audio books have been done. I know Micheal Shanks voiced at least one. I don't think it was a full cast audio though.
                  sigpic

To see the complete animated picture timeline of the comet landing - http://xkcd1446.org/#7

From the wonderful XKCD site http://xkcd.com/1446/

Comment

Guys I purposely didn't list books up there since books, and another season or film would be an obvious choice I wanted to ask something more challenging

Comment

3 b. A Stargate AAA game, like Assassin's Creed or GTA. With the original actors, and a serious, canon storyline. You could tell a whole season worth of stories in one game. Better than comics or novels, and the closest thing to a show/movie. Makeup, effects and sets not limited by TV budget. Truly alien stuff possible. And the older actors like RDA being able to be in action again because the CG characters can have any age and any physical ability.

Comment

4B: a complete reimagination.

Comment

4, SGU style.

Comment

4. No nuBSG/SGU crap version either.

I have no interest in that sort of thing.
                            Hi There!

Comment

Originally posted by McAvoy View Post
                              4. No nuBSG/SGU crap version either.

I have no interest in that sort of thing.
                              That's a contradiction
                              Originally posted by aretood2
                              Jelgate is right

Comment

Working...
                              X