Who went to ECCC?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who went to ECCC?

I can't find another thread on this. If there is, please direct me to it. We had a great time! RDA was hilarious at his panel. I felt kind of bad for him though, as people were asking about specific episodes that he filmed 10-15+ years ago, and expected him to automatically know what they're talking about. Heck, I can barely remember what I did last week! Still, it was a great panel, and since he was the last one of the day (Fri), he was fine with letting it run over. Yay.
    My son (11) got his photo taken with RDA on Sat. There were so many people in line though that we were ushered through pretty quickly. The photos started at 12:30 (IIRC), we arrived 45 minutes ahead of time, and were about 30th in line. There were tons and tons of people behind us. On Sun, my son got RDA to autograph the photo. We arrived at the signing area 45 minutes early and were FIRST in line. RDA was late though (about 40 minutes), as his photo shoot for Sun ran over, and then he needed to eat lunch. His manager (Paul?) came out and chatted with us for a while (we were the only ones there for about 20 minutes). He was really nice and I told him how Stargate helped our son get through my husband's most recent deployment to Afghanistan, and he thought that was great. We also talked about why Legend hasn't been released on DVD. He said that was a huge bone of contention for them and they were still trying to get it released. Maybe we should start an email/letter writing campaign! He also confirmed that RDA will not be at the Con in Chicago, but said while that would be the last GateCon with Creation Entertainment, it would not be the last GateCon. What? WHAT? When RDA came out, his manager had told him the story about my son, and RDA chatted with my son for several minutes and thanked my husband for his service. He was soooo very friendly. I was sad that the sharp cheekbones and jaw line were gone, but he still has gorgeous eyes, a wonderful smile and he had a very Jack-like haircut!
    After we walked away from the signing table, we stopped to try to calm down our slightly fussy toddler (he was quite tired after 3 days with no naps). A guy with a handler walked up to us and asked Toddler what was wrong. Toddler got all shy (but quiet!), and then the guy said a few things to Toddler to cheer him up, then told us to have a great day, and walked off. It was Mark Sheppard (Badger from Firefly!). We were stunned! His voice is just lovely.
    We had a fantastic time and can't wait for August!
    FF Name ~ Shoe Queen

Read my 2014 Sam and Jack Multimedia Awards nominated fics!

Galatea
    I Saw Three Ships
    What Are You Doing New Year's Eve?
    Staying Behind
    Always Find You
    Paper Flowers
    The Things We Want
    Have Yourself a Shippy Little Christmas

I was there too and really enjoyed it...it was my 2nd time going and great to catch up with old friends and see RDA, who was amazing again...

Paul also confirmed to me that RDA would not be at Creation Con in August but perhaps he meant that although "Gatecon" itself hasn't run since 2008 there may well be another dedicated Stargate Convention run somewhere else by a different company...all we can do is "watch this space"...

Meanwhile it's nice that RDA IS doing the Comic-Con style cons at last and we get the chance to at least see him and other guests like Karl and the lovely Rachel Nichols ...

Deeds xx
    sigpic
    Thanks to slizzie1986 for signature
    MSOL - Official Website of Michael Shanks

Comment

A member of my SG team went with his family and met RDA. They got his signature on a early SG-1 style action figure and were thrilled I would have loved to have gone but sadly could not... Maybe another time!

Comment

Working...
      X