How the Goa'uld became evil after all?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Peterking72 View Post
    I recently rewatched Stargate SG-1 and the episode S04E08-The First Ones made me thinking. The basic knowledge of why the Goa'uld became evil states that they became evil from all the knowledge they inherited trough genetic memory and that every Goa'uld possesses the entire knowledge of those who came before him.

P3X-888 is their home world where they first take hosts from the unas population. Two of the rescue team, Hawkins and Dr. Rothman became hosts to these primordial Goa'ulds. They became just as "evil" as every other people who become Goa'uld hosts despite the fact that those primordial Goa'ulds have absolutely no genetic memory besides living in a lake with their buddies.

So you see my point. Why they are evil then? Is it a plot hole or the writers were just lazy and didn't want another story arc about Goa'uld evolution and stuff?
    Anyhow I just felt I should share this thoughts with you guys if for no other reason is to enrich the forum.

There are too many threads out there about the same things nowadays. Makes me sad because it feels like the SG part of these forum is dying. Of course it is hard to find new stuff to talk about when there is no more new material being made so I'm happy when I find gems of information like this. I hope no one made a similar thread before so this thread doesn't become one of those boring many times repeated threads.
    I don't know if there is a simple explanation on this
    one episode says genetic memories
    another says the sarcophagus
    i think these merely contribute
    snakes in a lake are snakes in a lake......they are animals driven by instinct, until they take a host....instinct tells them TO TAKE a host. The question is whether or not they can go against that programming. The tritonin episode seems to indicate that, as snakes in a lake, they can NOT go against instinct, despite the mother......i know i know, she didn't give them ANY memories. The question is, what made her change, instinct, or having been connected to a person AND THINKING?
    or maybe it was a different reason all together
    maybe some other queen goauld started hinkering with how much memory to give her snakey babies, and out popped jksdhfjdhf, and she thought, "oh crap, better not do that again"

ywou can say that the goauld really aren't evil, rather, this is what any creature would be if you give them the same level of intelligence as a human
    humans are different because why want to believe in this concept of right and wrong, and many even want to believe in a god......but really, an animal, the concept of right and wrong doesn't exist
    rape, incest, murder......these things are common place in the animal kingdom....in the mind of an animal, they are no more "wrong" than blinking

Comment

Working...
    X