The Best and The Worst - SGA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Best and The Worst - SGA

What's the best thing and the worst thing you can think of that happened with SGA? Could be anything - plot developments, sound track, character introductions or death, behind the scenes stuff, whatever. Even making or canceling the show I suppose.
    For example mine would be
    Best - Paring Sheppard and McKay as unlikely friends. I thought their onscreen chemistry was off the charts.
    Worst - The McKeller pairing. IMHO.
    sigpic

Hmmmmm. It's hard to choose But this is what I came up with:

Best - Michael
    Worst- reconnecting with earth so soon. I would've loved to see Atlantis struggle on a bit longer and not get "easy" fixes

Comment

Best: The Siege in S1
      Worst: McKay McKay McKay McKay
      Originally posted by aretood2
      Jelgate is right

Comment

Best - disconnected from Earth
        Worst - reconnected with Earth & more McKay than a person can handle

Alterrnate 4th rule version (Jelgate knows what I mean)...

Best - disconnected from Earth
        Worst - death of Kate Heightmeyer
        Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

BEST: the attention for small details (not everything that was on screen served the "red line" of the main plot)

WORST: Keller (the parts, the chemistry with the others, the acting)
          sigpic

Comment

BEST: Elizabeth Weir as a character.
            WORST: The treatment of both the Weir character and Torri the actress.

Comment

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
              WORST: The treatment of (..)Torri the actress.
              How? iirc they killed her off and she moved on and no longer had the time to revisit.

Best: The Siege
              Worst: Trinity (among others), also the treatment of kavanaugh was unnecessary and horrible

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
                How? iirc they killed her off and she moved on and no longer had the time to revisit.
                That's not true. There's an interview with Torri that explains it all somewhere on GW. If anyone knows where to find it, please link?

Comment

Best: Team (and the actors who worked hard to elevate the scripts)
                  Worst: lack of originality with some of the scripts (they could have done so much more with the ATA gene- city connection, implications of the Wraith retrovirus, etc.) and the cancellation of the series.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
                    That's not true. There's an interview with Torri that explains it all somewhere on GW. If anyone knows where to find it, please link?
                    I have read the TW interview and to be honest the TW fans blow this thing out of proportion. She was treated the same about any actor/actress who has their character reduced.
                    Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                      I have read the TW interview and to be honest the TW fans blow this thing out of proportion. She was treated the same about any actor/actress who has their character reduced.
                      I don't recall that there was any hate on her or the writer's parts, yea. IIRC she decided to move on so when the opportunity came to have her back (e.g. Ghost in the Machine) she said no because she was busy.

Worst: lack of originality with some of the scripts (they could have done so much more with the ATA gene- city connection, implications of the Wraith retrovirus, etc.) and the cancellation of the series.
                      It's not so much originality but rather having the balls to do a story and pull it through. Sheppard got so many beatings, yet at the end he always ends up just fine. Have him cope with the fact that he broke every bone in his body. Same with Keller, she was infected with a virus and had a ship growing out of her yet she's even earlier medically healthy than Sheppard and ronon.

Plenty of very, very dark stuff happened but they rarely ever went down that road far enough for it to have consequence.

Another:

Like: the Daedalus and it's role in SGA was quite nice, i liked it as a change of pace.
                      Dislike: pretending that time is of the essence when it's not, and forcing bad decisions because of it.

E.g. Lifeline when they pretend that they'll never get the chance to hack the Asurans (despite the precedence that the Wraith already shut them down permanently before) and they sacrifice their only anti-asuran weapon for it. Even if it worked, what were they gonna do, slap the newly-invigorated Asurans to death?

Comment

I don't recall that there was any hate on her or the writer's parts, yea. IIRC she decided to move on so when the opportunity came to have her back (e.g. Ghost in the Machine) she said no because she was busy.
                        Not entirely correct...

Excerpt from an interview done by GW at a Chicago Con during the fall of undetermined year (though 5 years since GW's last interview with TH):

Edit: Found the full interview on GW's pages --> Forward and Onward

GW: The last time that we talked to you was actually just as you were filming the first few episodes of Season Four. Which was kind of providing a little bit of closure for the Weir character. Obviously, we know behind the scenes that there was some stuff going on. And at the time, at the beginning of Season Four, you had talked about the fact that you kind of understood the reasons why they were making the changes that they had.

We see you in a cameo mid-way through the season, at the end of “Be All My Sins Remember'd”. That's never followed up on. Did you just ... are you able to talk at all at liberty as far as ...?

TH: Yeah. I didn't sign anything. And, also, I don't know anything. I mean, I don't know. They asked me to come back in Season Five to do a little part. And I remember saying to them at that point, “I would love to know what you're planning to do with this character because I feel right now she's just floating in space.”

And I feel it's sort of disrespectful to her because I think she deserved more of a closure. And I really like Dr. Weir. And I didn't like how she kept sort of being brought in and killed and just sort of hung out to float until they brought her back again.

GW: And, ironically, that's how the character ...

TH: That was exactly what they were going to be doing with her. So, I said, “You know, I'd be happy to come back, but can you tell me if this is going to tie it up? Can we tie it up?”

Also for the fans. I was getting letters from fans and people going, “What's going on?” I'm like, “I don't know, I don't know.” And, you know, I have no right to this opinion but I sort of felt like were they using her a bit as a carrot to keep some of her loyal fans there. I'm not sure. That's, maybe, arrogant even of me to suggest. But I just sort of felt out of respect for the character and out of respect for the fans I wanted them to tie it up. And they weren't willing to tell me if that's what they were planning to do.

And, yeah, I think my ego just kind of said, “I don't want to just zip in and be floating in space again.”
                        So when JT-2 finds this the worst of SGA, she isn't making things up. Or blowing something out of proportion.
                        Last edited by Falcon Horus; 16 March 2014, 04:39 PM.
                        Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

I don't recall that there was any hate on her or the writer's parts, yea. IIRC she decided to move on so when the opportunity came to have her back (e.g. Ghost in the Machine) she said no because she was busy.\
                          No, she wasn't just busy. She didn't like the story line and the way it dangled the Elizabeth character like a carrot to the audience.

Comment

Thank you, Falcon Horus.

If you don't like Elizabeth that's certainly your right. But please get your facts straight.

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                              So when JT-2 finds this the worst of SGA, she isn't making things up. Or blowing something out of proportion.
                              Sure it is. Not liking a character direction is nothing more than one person's opinion. Just because TH doesn't like the way a character is going is not the same being disrespectful. Its a fact of the entertainment industry that many actors don't like the way their characters go sometimes.
                              Jelgate is right

Comment

Working...
                              X