X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone know where this pic was taken?

From the IMDB

Amanda Tapping

The pic is quite fetching of Amanda. Anyone know where this was taken?
    Go home aliens, go home!!!!

It was likely taken in a professional photographers studio, where similar such photos get taken. It wasn't at any particular event or special occasion.

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
      It was likely taken in a professional photographers studio, where similar such photos get taken. It wasn't at any particular event or special occasion.
      Well wherever it was it's a very good picture of her.

Comment

Ahh...I'm quite ashamed I knew which picture you were talking about before I even opened it
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Gen. Chris View Post
          Ahh...I'm quite ashamed I knew which picture you were talking about before I even opened it

LOL she wasn't this hot in Stargate

Comment

Originally posted by Gen. Chris View Post
            I knew which picture it would be too, but minus the shame.

I know she's an actor and a woman above and beyond the Stargate franchise but I'm not a fan of this picture. It seems like exactly the sort of picture Samantha Carter - would hate so I find it a bit discordant.

Comment

Originally posted by keldran View Post
              I knew which picture it would be too, but minus the shame.

I know she's an actor and a woman above and beyond the Stargate franchise but I'm not a fan of this picture. It seems like exactly the sort of picture Samantha Carter - would hate so I find it a bit discordant.

And that is why I think she did it, to break that stereotype

Comment

Well, I think the lack of a bra is what makes this pic of her so captivating for us, guys. To be honest she would've been more lovable for me if she chose to portray Carter in her original hair color, which is dark or medium brown (I think). She looks good blonde too. It's just that I link different moods to different colors and the dumb blonde stereotype (which Mckay just emphasizes) doesn't help either. I'm not that person who believes or makes stereotypes out of persons or groups of people and know better to do it to Amanda's character Sam, but some times I can't help, but wonder if the writers intended to make her look a bit that way, so people who do believe in stereotypes can identify with her more easily.

BTW I also suspected it to be this picture. and also
                sigpicHallowed are the Ori.

Comment

Originally posted by Peterking72 View Post
                  Well, I think the lack of a bra is what makes this pic of her so captivating for us, guys. To be honest she would've been more lovable for me if she chose to portray Carter in her original hair color, which is dark or medium brown (I think). She looks good blonde too. It's just that I link different moods to different colors and the dumb blonde stereotype (which Mckay just emphasizes) doesn't help either. I'm not that person who believes or makes stereotypes out of persons or groups of people and know better to do it to Amanda's character Sam, but some times I can't help, but wonder if the writers intended to make her look a bit that way, so people who do believe in stereotypes can identify with her more easily.

BTW I also suspected it to be this picture. and also
                  AT is a natural blonde.
                  Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
                  Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
                  On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

Originally posted by fems View Post
                    AT is a natural blonde.
                    I don't think so. If she was a natural blonde then why would she have in some episodes darker hair tones under her blonde hair parts and grown down hair visible on top of her head. I think her natural hair color is similar or exactly like what we saw in Sanctuary. Natural blondes are fully blond and you immediately know when you saw one because their hair is so radiantly blond that's almost unnatural.
                    Before you say she isn't "dirty" blond either, exactly for the reason what I said in my opening (grown down hair).

BTW if you want to be exactly sure then ask AT herself. Although is likely you will not get a straight answer, she's not known for giving one.
                    sigpicHallowed are the Ori.

Comment

Working...
                    X