This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Holy Reset Buttons Batman........

This "new" Doctor. Is he a rebooted #1 for a new set of regenerations. Massive spoiler follows.

Go home aliens, go home!!!!

What on Earth are you on about?

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

I think what Cocopops is trying to say is that from those spoilers. Capaldi's Doctor is similar to William Hartnel's Doctor the first incarnation.

Mainly because...
      Spoiler:

He's an obviously older gent and now has two teachers as companians like the first doctor did.

And he possibly has forgetfulness as a quirk and the First Doctor could never remember his companion's names. (because Hartnell often flubbed his lines and they couldn't afford to re-shoot them.)

I think that's probably stretching a point but it is probably meant as a homage.
      Last edited by Crazedwraith; 24 February 2014, 02:05 PM.
      sigpic
      Banner By JME2

Comment

Originally posted by Crazedwraith View Post
        I think what Cocopops is trying to say is that from those spoilers. Capaldi's Doctor is similar to William Hartnel's Doctor the first incarnation.

Mainly because...
        Spoiler:

He's an obviously older gent and now has two teachers as companians like the first doctor did.

And he possibly has forgetfulness as a quirk and the First Doctor could never remember his companion's names. (because Hartnell often flubbed his lines and they couldn't afford to re-shoot them.)

I think that's probably stretching a point but it is probably meant as a homage.

That's exactly what I meant. I do agree that it could be an homage. But it's an interesting homage. I thought though that they maybe doing this as a reset to reboot "new who"

Comment

Well. There have been 13 doctors. Sooner or later they are literally gonna start more or less redoing character types. But then I guess Tom Baker rather blatantly told us that.
          I like Sharky
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
            That's exactly what I meant. I do agree that it could be an homage. But it's an interesting homage. I thought though that they maybe doing this as a reset to reboot "new who"
            They are *not* rebooting New Who. -_-

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Not "Again" anyway....
              I like Sharky
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by The Flyattractor View Post
                Not "Again" anyway....
                They've never rebooted it. A reboot is a retelling of the story from the start. This is a continuation.
                Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

If you say so.
                  I like Sharky
                  sigpic

Comment

Indeed, "reboot" in TV terms is very different to - revisiting old storylines/character combos.
                    back on YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/@The-Cosmic-Hobo
                    "How Doomsday Should Have Ended!" • "Bigger on the Inside?" • "The Doctor Falls - With Hartnell!"
                    "The War Games - In 10 Minutes" • "Announcement of Jon Pertwee's death" •
                    and lots more!

Comment

I am intrigued ........ Peter Capaldi will be using his real voice when he plays The Doctor so we get a proper Scottish Doctor........ Why didn't DT do this?

Comment

My guess is, after only 1 year back on our tv screens, the BBC decided that a generic Brit accent would sell better than Tennant's native accent... Now however, the show is pretty well established, so there is less concern that a Scots accent will detract viewers...
                        back on YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/@The-Cosmic-Hobo
                        "How Doomsday Should Have Ended!" • "Bigger on the Inside?" • "The Doctor Falls - With Hartnell!"
                        "The War Games - In 10 Minutes" • "Announcement of Jon Pertwee's death" •
                        and lots more!

Comment

Originally posted by cosmichobo View Post
                          My guess is, after only 1 year back on our tv screens, the BBC decided that a generic Brit accent would sell better than Tennant's native accent... Now however, the show is pretty well established, so there is less concern that a Scots accent will detract viewers...
                          They did it because Eccleston just left with his northern accent.
                          "I have never understood why it should be necessary to become irrational in order to prove that you care... or why it should be necessary to prove it at all."

Comment

Beeing detrected by a scottish accent? I would never be. I hardly understand it, but I love it. I could hear it all day.
                            Nobody asked me, if I wanted to live. So don't anyone tell me how I shoul lead my life.

Comment

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
                              I am intrigued ........ Peter Capaldi will be using his real voice when he plays The Doctor so we get a proper Scottish Doctor........ Why didn't DT do this?

We've already had a "Proper Scottish Doctor"....

*cough cough Sylvester McCoy cough cough*
                              I like Sharky
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X