Building a scaled Stargate Replica

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Building a scaled Stargate Replica

So we are planning to build a smaller Stargate (maybe about 2-3ft high) for an event later in the year. I'm just wondering what everyone would recommend using as a base material for the primary structure? And if you have any tips or resources I'd be glad to look at them - I'd appreciate it too! Instructions, past successes, anything! Thanks!

It does not have to spin. But we do want it to have depth. Not just a thin piece decorated nicely! Not sure on price, did you have any ideas?

Comment

Casting would make it so much easier, especially for the chevrons. There was another part I wanted to go along with this that required casting and molding so that would work out great.

Comment

We built a near lifesize stargate (and are planning an Atlantis gate as well), and ours is made out of MDF -- trust me, it's a sturdy one. It's painted. The chevrons light up, but it doesn't spin. I know there was a lot of sanding involved, lots of cutting out the glyphs. I was sadly not part of the building process, however, I am one of the few who knows how to set it up at events -- lots of bolts and nuts.
        Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

do you have a photo of this. I have a dance cabaret team and our current cabaret is Stargate (the movie) and I need to get a stargate built, big enough to walk through it!

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
          We built a near lifesize stargate (and are planning an Atlantis gate as well), and ours is made out of MDF -- trust me, it's a sturdy one. It's painted. The chevrons light up, but it doesn't spin. I know there was a lot of sanding involved, lots of cutting out the glyphs. I was sadly not part of the building process, however, I am one of the few who knows how to set it up at events -- lots of bolts and nuts.

Comment

Originally posted by Elsie Dance View Post
            do you have a photo of this. I have a dance cabaret team and our current cabaret is Stargate (the movie) and I need to get a stargate built, big enough to walk through it!
            Yes, I do.

Stargate.jpg
            Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

I am looking to see about getting a stargate made by myself or someone else who is more experienced… I am unsure of where to start or what to do.

I feel it would be best to go to someone who is more experienced and creative, since I lack that skill.

My fiance and I have been stargate lovers for forever and I want my wedding altar to be the SG1 stargate. Is anyone able to give me some insight on what to do?????????

Comment

This is a very cool idea!

Comment

Working...
                X