This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The best way to finish SG-1?

If SG-1 is going to finish as a series (which it will inevitably), what does everyone thing is the best way to conclude it?

I personally would like to see the humans from Earth inaugurated as the 5th race.

Climate Change - The latest news and information on climate change, alternative energy, global warming and energy efficiency from around the internet

Climate Change Forum - Discuss topics to do with climate change, alternative energy, global warming and energy efficiency

It depends on how long it ultimately lasts. A fun end for either season 9 or 10 could be that the gate finally goes public, which would be something that'd open up a lot more story potential if it continued past that. For season 11 or 12, we could maybe have a nice little Atlantis/SG-1 crossover w/ a Wraith attack on Earth (crossovers are always fun). For season 13, we get a good look at just how different things are in this timeline's 2010. Around 14 or 15, fitting time for that "becoming the 5th race" idea you mention. And if it continues past that: wow!

-Bloodaxe

Comment

Originally posted by Erik Bloodaxe
      It depends on how long it ultimately lasts. A fun end for either season 9 or 10 could be that the gate finally goes public, which would be something that'd open up a lot more story potential if it continued past that. For season 11 or 12, we could maybe have a nice little Atlantis/SG-1 crossover w/ a Wraith attack on Earth (crossovers are always fun). For season 13, we get a good look at just how different things are in this timeline's 2010. Around 14 or 15, fitting time for that "becoming the 5th race" idea you mention. And if it continues past that: wow!

-Bloodaxe
      Nice ideas ... if it lasts that long and i too would love to see the new 2010 ... i think that would be a fitting finish... to c how much they accomplished to alter it for the better.

Check out stargate_pad; a pairing a day for the stargate fandom!

Comment

I have posted this before but i like it so much i'm going to post it again.

People are not going to like this, but i think a great way for the show to end would be with Jack dying. Now let me explain, there would be a large final battle, it is a united alliance of the jaffa, free ones that is, the tok'ra and human trying to take the last stronghold of the remaining power, Baal. Jack and the rest of sg-1 are on the front lines, this being something that need Jack and his offworld fighting knowledge. As the close in on anubis, daniel is shot, just wounded and jack orders teal'c to get him out of there, Sam and Jack are right outside the room with Baal hiding inside. Knowing that this is the chance to finally finish off Baal Jack intends on doing it alone, as a revenge for what happened to him during abyss. There is a ship moment between Jack and Sam as he is about to enter the room, as the door opens a blast come out and hits Carter, taking her down hard enough to make Jack think she is dead, or about to die if he does not do something. Knowing he has to act quick, he grabs the c4 out of his pack jumps inside of the door, then makes it slam shut. Just then there is another blast that hits jack on the shoulder knocking him down, as he looks up he sees baal laughing at him, all Jack does is smile as the c4 he pulled out goes off, killing him an baal in a large blast shaking the building. There is a fade to black and then like in heros we see all of sg1, and hammond standing infront of the stargate with the US flag above paying tribute to jack. As it pushes back we see humans, jaffa and tok'ra all standing together paying respects to the person who made it possible, the screen fades out and it is over.

Keep in mind this is a little dated, but the idea behind the story remains the same.

Comment

I love all the suggestions of Erik Bloodaxe and Sunkissed_stargate_traveller!

Red_Rabbit, I personally would like to see a couple of series' of sg-1 without any gou'ld involvement. There is so much more to explore than just petty combat with moronic aliens. Every gou'ld is basically the same in terms of its personality, and I'd rather they branched out a little bit more in terms of alien character development. It looks like season 9 will focus on the ancients which can only be a good thing! Hopefully the new enemy will add some complexity to the show too.

Climate Change - The latest news and information on climate change, alternative energy, global warming and energy efficiency from around the internet

Climate Change Forum - Discuss topics to do with climate change, alternative energy, global warming and energy efficiency

Comment

i would like to see us become the 5th race and then it becoming public.
            This would allow for a new spin off. Once it becomes public the army will no longer be able to stay in control i would say, and it probably wont be in cheyenne mountain anymore so it means new set, new ppl, new location (although you'd still keep carter as she is an expert in the gate and bring back JONAS!!!!!!!!)
            Oneil: You ended the sentence in a preposition, you ba$tard!

Comment

Stargate SG-1 is basically about the star gates. The best way to end is to have all the star gates either destroyed or unusable. Such SG-1 ending will probably conflict with the Atlantis series, but there are ways to fix it like SG-1 going back to the past and tell the gatebuilders not to build the gates. The other option is the coming season, season 9, will be on a different time world than the Atlantis is on now. Though destroying the star gates will be bad for the franchise.

Comment

Whos to say once it is all out in the open they dont just bring Gates and dhds from uninhabitable worlds allowing the stargate system to be widly used instead of having to go to the us or where ever it would be 1 on each continent or something?
                Griffin: You aren't Spanish, are you?
                McKay: Oh yes! Of the Barcelona McKays!

Steam Asgard Commander of the Teal'c

http://www.youtube.com/partcontinuum

Comment

Originally posted by Steam
                  Whos to say once it is all out in the open they dont just bring Gates and dhds from uninhabitable worlds allowing the stargate system to be widly used instead of having to go to the us or where ever it would be 1 on each continent or something?
                  I don't think the stargate system was intended as a mainstream method of interplanetary transportation, afterall, the ancients themselves only put one on each planet, and one in the great city of Atlantis. I doubt it would need to be used that much, especially once hyperspace travel was routine.

Comment

Originally posted by kashi
                    I don't think the stargate system was intended as a mainstream method of interplanetary transportation, afterall, the ancients themselves only put one on each planet, and one in the great city of Atlantis. I doubt it would need to be used that much, especially once hyperspace travel was routine.
                    I didnt mean for planetary transport around earth same as it has allways been like in 2010 but ,more stargates on earth so its easier to travel through galaxy

Comment

Originally posted by jeffx
                      Stargate SG-1 is basically about the star gates. The best way to end is to have all the star gates either destroyed or unusable. Such SG-1 ending will probably conflict with the Atlantis series, but there are ways to fix it like SG-1 going back to the past and tell the gatebuilders not to build the gates. The other option is the coming season, season 9, will be on a different time world than the Atlantis is on now. Though destroying the star gates will be bad for the franchise.
                      I think that is stupid

Comment

Maybe we should actually meet the Furlings before becoming the fifth race!

Comment

Originally posted by Steam
                          I didnt mean for planetary transport around earth same as it has allways been like in 2010 but ,more stargates on earth so its easier to travel through galaxy
                          Only one of them would work as an incoming gate
                          Parap pup pup paaa ... I'm Lovin' It!

Comment

and? not as if we would want all the gates having incoming gates there could be a ticket line lol

Comment

Working...
                            X