Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Biggest Loser TV Show

Is this show done all over the world?

When did it become entertainment to watch fat people straining and exercising to lose weight?

I mean has the world gotten dumber over the years? Seriously I don't watch the show and the one time I did didn't find anything about it entertaining, yet it's marketed that way by the TV ads they do, at least over here in Australia...

Am I missing something in not being "entertained" by this?

We might as well throw people into a stadium and ooh I don't know release some lions at them :/
    Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Because seeing people near kill themselves is entertainment to some. It's fight night at the Colosseum again.

Seriously though, losing weight that fast is NOT good for you. 95% of the contestants regain the weight and don't ever lose it again.

Comment

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
      Is this show done all over the world?

When did it become entertainment to watch fat people straining and exercising to lose weight?

I mean has the world gotten dumber over the years? Seriously I don't watch the show and the one time I did didn't find anything about it entertaining, yet it's marketed that way by the TV ads they do, at least over here in Australia...

Am I missing something in not being "entertained" by this?

We might as well throw people into a stadium and ooh I don't know release some lions at them :/
      We already do that, its called X Factor
      sigpic

Comment

They regain the weight because they can't keep the exercise routine up once they leave the show. They're basically working out all day every day. In the real world that just isn't possible so once they go back to their normal routines and normal habits.. their weight goes back up.

The Biggest Loser isn't about helping them lose weight. It's about giving the audience something to laugh at.. "Haha!! Look at that guy! He can't even walk without breaking into a sweat.. pass me the chips"

People watch because it makes them feel superior. It's the same reason X Factor shows the early auditions. "That guy was awful! How could he think he ever had a chance of winning!"

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Hamenthotep View Post
          They regain the weight because they can't keep the exercise routine up once they leave the show. They're basically working out all day every day. In the real world that just isn't possible so once they go back to their normal routines and normal habits.. their weight goes back up.

The Biggest Loser isn't about helping them lose weight. It's about giving the audience something to laugh at.. "Haha!! Look at that guy! He can't even walk without breaking into a sweat.. pass me the chips"

People watch because it makes them feel superior. It's the same reason X Factor shows the early auditions. "That guy was awful! How could he think he ever had a chance of winning!"

It's pretty sad. I've only ever watched one episode and the way it's marketed makes it even sadder.
          Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

It's not about the people trying to lose weight.. it's about giving the audience something to laugh at.. The Freak Show for the modern age..

Comment

Working...
            X