Does it get any better?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Railgun View Post
    I was a massive fan of the original 70's films & series so was really excited when BSG got rebooted.
    I rented the DVD and absolutely hated it. I switched off half way through. I just wasn't enjoying it.

Pick in the UK have just started showing a complete re-run of all of the new series and I have watched about 3 episodes. It's a bit better, but still not great.

So far it's just been a big disappointment. I'm not sure if I should just stop watching it or if it gets better later on?
    If you dont like the first season at all it's doubtful that you will like the series, really just depends on your tase, I guess for you just wait until the cinematic film remake comes out

Comment

the series is all dark and is all about the "flawed" character... you will love and hate every character by the end of the series... the characters are the most solid part about this series and its drama... if you cannot get behind that and don't feel anything about the characters then i think you should not watch this... baltar is one of the best characters i have ever seen in any tv show and not just sci fi and the acting is better than any sci fi series... if you don't see any of that then don't watch the series... for me the 3 hour mini series in 2003 is the best way to know if you would like it or not... i don't think it get better than that... the mini series is maybe the best thing before the season1 starts...

Comment

If you didn't like the pilot I can't imagine you liking the rest of the show, it's a fairly good indicator of what the rest of the show is like.
        "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

Are you kidding me? BSG reboot is possibly my favorite scifi show. It's more of a political drama in space with a few space battles interspersed here and there for fun. You really have to watch every episode since the whole story is arc driven rather than episodic.

Comment

So, all in all, you have to watch it and decide for yourself, cause you are always going to get conflicting opinions, and you will still be unable to make up your mind. So,take a chance. If it isnt costing anything then you lose nothing but your time
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by pookey View Post
              So, all in all, you have to watch it and decide for yourself, cause you are always going to get conflicting opinions, and you will still be unable to make up your mind. So,take a chance. If it isnt costing anything then you lose nothing but your time
              So true Pooky, i will give it a bash then make my own mind up.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by pookey View Post
                Thanks guys, I'll stick with it a bit longer. If I give up now I'll never know for sure if I will like it or not.
                Many of my favourite shows start slow then get good later.

Comment

I really liked it at first. I found it engrossing. But if you didn't enjoy the first few episodes you're highly unlikely to enjoy later ones.

It does change over time, but not IMO in a good way. By the end I was falcepalming every other second and couldn't wait for it to finish.

I won't watch anything else with Moore's name attached to it.

Comment

Working...
                  X