This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hands of time- time travel spin off?

it would seem to me and im not puttin stargate down at all i love the show and want it to last as long as it can but time travel seems to be a kinda breath of fresh air they have introduced towards the end of the series although i know it will be doing a 9th season it just seems to be an attempt keep the series going im only saying this as i havent whatched season 8 eps mobius part I +2 they are probably relly good and answer a few questions but if they plan to use this as a regular thing that happens say 5 times in the season in varying storylines why use a time ship when their gate is capable i know they cant predict a solar flare but if time travel is going to be a more regular thing why not just make a spin off exploring these possibilities we could get to see the past find out what happened to the alliance of the asgard the nox furllings and the ancients and all these ancient races long gone, we could also see the future.
    i know this probably wouldn't work and im not bothered either way but what has happened to the newer seasons of sg1 they had good stories and great characters although things cant carry on forever i dont think it will ever be the same again

however i havent seen the eps mobius and of course they havent shown any season nine as they havent made it all yet so i will hope for a new look and i hope they learn from the elements of sg1 that made it so good back in the early days.
    For all the pollution woes on Earth, will the Human race end up taking those problems into space in the future?

We can all call our ships Sports Utility Ships to curtail the carbon emissions and hypersleep at night

When you see Moebius
    Spoiler:
    you will see why these types of storylines wont happen again
    gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
    so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
    love Torri

Comment

cher hair
      RADEK ZELENKA FOREVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

it violates the temporal prime directive.

Advice For The New Millenium: A watched torrent never downloads.

Comment

Originally posted by macktheknife
          it violates the temporal prime directive.
          This is not the Star Trek universe, however directive or not it's a bad idea. In fiction, especially fantastic fiction, we have an agreement to suspend our disbelief. There is a point at which you can do a Pink Panther just one to many times ( The Pink Panther would paint himself into a corner then paint a door on the wall and walk through it ). Besides, even if we could get past all the contardictions there is the even grater problem of messing up characters that we all no and love. I'll pass.
          Michael Shanks gives aural pleasure

Comment

Time travel stories, when used very sparingly, can be some of the best stories. However, it's a device that by its very nature loses its shine quickly. It becomes worn, cliche, boring. Look at Voyager--of the first three eps, two were about anomalies in the space-time continuum. Look at Enterprise--the temporal cold war was one of the worst things they did. What happens is, when used too often the writers get sloppy and depend on time-travel or other space-time anomalies to take the place of good story, writing, and characterizations. It's a gimmick. Then there's the whole plausibility thing; you can suspend your disbelief for a while, but sooner or later you've just got to go "and how many people out there are playing around with the fabric of reality?"
            My LiveJournal.

If you can find a path with no obstacles, it probably doesn't lead anywhere.
            -Frank A. Clark

An optimist may see a light where there is none, but why must the pessimist always run to blow it out?
            -Michel de Saint-Pierre

Now, there's this about cynicism. It's the universe's most supine moral position. Real comfortable. If nothing can be done, then you're not some kind of **** for not doing it, and you can lie there and stink to yourself in perfect peace.
            -Lois McMaster Bujold, "The Borders of Infinity"

Comment

Working...
            X