Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm new here. Howdy

Just had to chime in here.

It is most definitely worth watching 9 + 10. While they're not "classic" SG-1 there are some great stories throughout these last two seasons and Mitchell and Vala are great additions.

There is also no way you can skip the series finale, it's one of the most memorable episodes imo.

Busy doing my yearly re-watch now, still on Season 1

Comment

Originally posted by Damnyouori View Post
      Yeah. Well, I guess I may get into S9 and 10, I may not. For me, it's not the SGC if O'neill doesn't command it. Anyway though, personally I think they should have stopped SG-1 even earlier. The defeat of Anubis was a cut above everything else in my opinion--the best TV episodes I've ever watched. Honestly, I think it should have ended then and there, though perhaps with maybe a bit of a "wrap up" to finish character storylines, such as the whole O'neill/Carter thing.
      I was thinking about this a few days ago (I'm re-watching SGU right now, I'm still on S1) and I think if they'd end SG-1 after S7 and then proceed to make SGA and then proceed to make SGU, they wouldn't end up running out of time to conclude the TV story. So basically, let's say SG-1 would last 7 seasons and SGA 5. That's 12 seasons. SGU was planned to have 5 seasons. That's 17 seasons. And how long did the TV part of the franchise last? 17 years. They could've easily made 3 SG-1 movies during the production of SGA so the unresolved plots and character stories would be concluded. That would be better for SGA too, because there would be less recycling of ideas going on in it. SGU would probably be the same though. Plus they could've easily done 2 or 3 SGA movies during the production of SGU for the same reasons. Then, the 3rd series could be ended with a 2 or a 3-part episode, with most of the characters from the previous two shows appearing in it.

Comment

Working...
      X