SGA/SGU Timeline

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SGA/SGU Timeline

In the beginning of Atlantis, the first shot of the city has the caption "Several million years ago." In 'Air Part 2' (I think) they state that Destiny has been traveling for the better part of a million years. Does this mean that Atlantis is older than Destiny, or did someone just screw up with continuity? (since the tech on Destiny seems to be older)

Rush only speculated that Destiny was hundreds of thousands of years old, it wasn't stated as gospel.

If you look at the tech on Destiny, much of it still uses push buttons instead of crystals or neural interfaces. This would suggest that Destiny is actually much older than Atlantis. You also have a very early stargate onboard which would also suggest it was built long before the Milky Way stargates.

I seem to recall that Jo Mellozzi even confirmed Destiny was between 50-60 million years old on his blog somewhere.

Comment

Interesting. It would make sense that the gate on Destiny (or at least that type of gate) is the oldest gate in existence, given the limited range and simpler mechanics. That timeline would track with the gates being thought up just before the Ancients left the Ori galaxy (i.e. the 'millions of years ago' caption and pencil sketch of a gate at the beginning of Ark of Truth) Nice that it fits given that they retconned Destiny when Universe started.

Comment

i made a timeline thread... here it is.... whatever the charcters said other than that is just plain speculation... universe speculates a lot and changes stuff too(no asgard beam weapons in the first episode when puny goauld ships attacked)...

http://forum.gateworld.net/threads/8...vies%28imo-%29

There are a few things to notice first.

ayiana was an ancient who lived at the time of the ori threat and the plague the ori infected them with so the ancients left the milky way. According to daniel jackson that happened 5-10 million years ago.

when ayiana was discovered in antarctica frozen she was estimated to be almost as old as the stargate system although no exact number was told. Carter said that the stargates are as old as 50 million years old in the milky way but she couldn't give any specific number for ayiana's age but daniel did, which is around the atlantis leaving earth.

on praclarush taonas the image of earth was about 30 million years old according to daniel due to the continental drift.

the stargates on destiny were the oldest ones as they were prototypes. The ancient who discovered the idea got the idea in the ori galaxy which was like a thousand year before they came to milky way. They made a lot of "astria porta" here which means the destiny was launched around that time.

the writers ofcourse had no idea themselves and made things along the way as in sgu they called the age of the destiny to be a million years old only, which is as good as a lie because the less effective ftl drives won't be able to take destiny that far in just a million years(several billion light years is as good as literally half way across the universe).

my time line(strictly my opinion).

1. ancients came to the milky way and landed on dakara about 30-50 million years ago.

2. they made destiny and launched it ,may be discovered the signal in the thousand years or so they took from coming to milky way from the ori galaxy. It would be fun if they made a series of an ancient era. It was said that an effort of a generation were put in making destiny and the 3 seed ships. And as the stargates are older than the oldest models in the milky way, it could stand to reason that they discovered the signal in deep empty space(where it should be more clear and they might have nothing better to do) while coming over to milky way from the ori galaxy.

3. about 5-10 million years ago, the ori discovered the ancients somehow(probably some ascended ori used his power to discover them) and plagued them with the disease, which lead ancients to flee the galaxy. I am also sure that normal humans and ancients also existed side by side at that time but that is not important. They repopulated the milky way after atlantis left and the suvivors made a machine on dakara after developing an immunity to the disease.

4. This is a theory of mine(more like what i want) that the ancients could have inhabited the andromeda or the triangulum galaxy as they are big galaxy with more habitable planets than a dwarf galaxy which has less mass and smaller stars and thus less amount of heavier elements essential for life. I think that there might be two possible reasons. They encountered a race in andromeda galaxy which might be really powerful and the ancients abandoned it due to them but it seems unlikely as the andromeda is tooo big to be driven out of by a single race as there would be infinite places to live. The more likely thing might be that
        they chose a satellite of the andromeda galaxy to hide from the ori(although they should have left the cluster for that).

5. The ancients came back 10k years ago after their stupid stupid defeat(no way the wraith could beat them, if ancients are as intelligent as they say). And highly implausible that they did not stop the goauld at the time as it would be really easy to beat them for ancients.

6. This might be the time when they made an alliance with the asgard and the nox as i don't think those races were as old as 5-10 million years(100k years of history as said by the evil-asgard in atlantis) when alantis left the milky way.

7. 5k years ago the earth people rebelled and buried their stargate and ra fled.

8. 1997 we got back in the game.

9. 2004-2005 defeated the goaulds and the milky way replicators.

10. 2009 discovered destiny which is 30-50 million years old but i bet on 50 million+... but the writers took a u-turn and called it only a million years old...

sorry for the grammar and everything, i don't like to recheck

Comment

Working...
        X