Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

how would have you dealt with the genii?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
    The Genii are advanced enough to block Asgard beams. They struggled in making atomic bombs.
    C4. They struggled in making C4.

Besides, they could've stolen that trick from the Wraith.

Comment

Originally posted by Ouroboros View Post
      I would have given them the C4 they wanted in the first place so I would have had an ally instead of an enemy.

Also nuclear bombs.

Basically that would be the deal. I give them C4, they give me enriched Uranium, and we both get nukes out of it.

The fact they somehow managed to make an enemy out of such a natural ally as the Geni is some of the best evidence of just how pants-on-head retarded the expedition actually was.
      I have to disagree with that. This is where the policy of never negotiating with terrorists comes from. They only gave Atlantis nukes once and that was only because they wanted to see wraith hive ships go up in smoke. Originally, they were going to just kill Weir. Until Laden took charge, the Genii seemed pretty consistent with lying and breaking promises.

If we did make the deal, it might've looked like this. We give them C4 and we get back our people. Two weeks later, they take more hostages and want a jumper. We make the deal. Two weeks later, they want more stuff. We keep losing resources and get people at risk.

Absolute refusal, we may lose people but they would give up on hostage taking because they aren't getting anything out of it. You don't negotiate with terrorists.

sigpic
      Stargate spin off series: Stargate Millennium
      https://www.fanfiction.net/u/5580179/StargateMillennium

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
        Unless the Genii placed some serious production offworld, removing the gate off their homeworld is all you really need.
        He's right. But, I wouldn't bother with gate beaming or nukes.

What if an Atlantis team "accidentally" went to a wraith world and "accidentally" dropped a wraith tracking beacon (like the one Teyla wore thinking it was a necklace) and "accidentally" attached to that beacon an information storage device containing information regarding a planet that happened to be secretly advancing their society in an underground bunker. The genii won't need to know our retaliation. After all, accidents happen.

sigpic
        Stargate spin off series: Stargate Millennium
        https://www.fanfiction.net/u/5580179/StargateMillennium

Comment

Originally posted by StargateMillennium View Post
          He's right. But, I wouldn't bother with gate beaming or nukes.

What if an Atlantis team "accidentally" went to a wraith world and "accidentally" dropped a wraith tracking beacon (like the one Teyla wore thinking it was a necklace) and "accidentally" attached to that beacon an information storage device containing information regarding a planet that happened to be secretly advancing their society in an underground bunker. The genii won't need to know our retaliation. After all, accidents happen.
          I would like to resort to xenocide only when there's no other choice. Beaming up their gate is by far the most pacifist solution i've seen. If they stir up trouble you can always nuke them from orbit but...why would we? They're the closest thing to an advanced civilization. The Germans spawned the Nazi's. Yet decades later and Germany is an important world player that isn't committing mass murder against specific races. Give the genii some time to change. that's all.

Comment

I would like to resort to xenocide only when there's no other choice. Beaming up their gate is by far the most pacifist solution i've seen. If they stir up trouble you can always nuke them from orbit but...why would we? They're the closest thing to an advanced civilization. The Germans spawned the Nazi's. Yet decades later and Germany is an important world player that isn't committing mass murder against specific races. Give the genii some time to change. that's all.
            Even with Laden in charge, they still did a lot of stuff to screw with the teams from atlantis.

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
              Even with Laden in charge, they still did a lot of stuff to screw with the teams from atlantis.
              It was a sign of improvement. I mean, it could easily take decades before they're ally material. On the other hand, still better than xenocide. Advanced races are rare in Pegasus, better to cherish what's there than to nuke everyone who doesn't agree with us. The Goa'uld started the same way, blasting opposition out of the way.

Without the Gate, the Genii will require many decades to get to a space program, centuries to get back to the galaxy. All while praying the Wraith don't show up.

Comment

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
                Innovation is driven by need in war, I could imagine the Genii developing ways to hide from the wraith before learning how to combat them.
                Like the technique of hiding in really big holes?
                I like Sharky
                sigpic

Comment

It was a sign of improvement. I mean, it could easily take decades before they're ally material. On the other hand, still better than xenocide. Advanced races are rare in Pegasus, better to cherish what's there than to nuke everyone who doesn't agree with us. The Goa'uld started the same way, blasting opposition out of the way.
                  True, they did improve. But that he had such a tenuous grasp on his people, we had issues like the many times shep got taken by kolier, or the incident in harmony, one is left wondering what good was he in charge?

Comment

The Genii are like the damn North Koreans they think they're tough but when it comes to the US armed forces they're nothing. However the North Koreans are tougher as they have China and the location of their country isn't ideal. As for the Genii well they're probably a few years behind the north Koreans since the Koreans have aircraft where the genii don't but they wouldn't need it anyways. I would take the gate but when they seized Atlantis even for that short time I wouldn't have let them leave. I'd take them prisoner and put them back on their home world but on the complete other side of their compounds.

Comment

If I'd been in command, I'd have had the Daedelus drop by the Genii homeworld and steal their gate immediately after the first seige. Or drop off a gate-buster, but that might be a little too vindictive. By that point they'd already demonstrated they were a significant threat despite their technological limitations, and had burned Weir's offered olive branch by taking her captive when she tried to buy a couple of nukes from them in exchange for the C4 they needed. Thus, problem gone long before they even took Major Lorne hostage. I can understand not doing it - at that point, they wanted to keep a very low profile because of the faked self destruct ploy, but still, the Genii and the Wraith aren't exactly best buddies.

Comment

I know in 'before i sleep' it was mentioned that the Lanteans blocked all incoming gates other than the one from earth, so i wonder, could we have done the same with the Genii?

Comment

Probably but if Atlantis crew had done it something bad would probably have happened. Like with the Alero Device.. "Yay we defeated the Wraith, but ooops we turned the gates into nukes...my bad"
                          I like Sharky
                          sigpic

Comment

True, often when we messed with ancient tech, we boobooed.

Comment

And then we just fell back on the "lets Blame Rodney" clause.
                              I like Sharky
                              sigpic

Comment

Its not just Rodney though. look at how often SG1 messed up with tech.

Comment

Working...
                                X