Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

how would have you dealt with the genii?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how would have you dealt with the genii?

I was just watching season2 episode 17 in which the genii capture major lorne and his team as well as sheppard and mckay and the "special forces" guys... so how would any of you would have dealt with it? the genii moved massive amounts of troops to that planet and cowen literally made fun of weir when she said that it meant war(weir indeed was weak and crappy as a leader)...

I would have simply taken deadlus to the planet and bombed the hell out of it and beamed up the gate and the hostages... i would not have stopped there...i would have beamed up cowen and taken him back to the genii homeworld and beamed up their stargate as well to forever end their non-existent threat...

even though laden was starting his coup, i would have done this all for a big show of power so that they understand not to mess with atlantis ever again and maybe return their stargate after sometime when they have lost all their off world resources of spies and bases...
    Last edited by destiny khan; 16 December 2013, 10:05 AM.

Originally posted by destiny khan View Post
    even though laden was starting his coup, i would have done this all for a big show of power so that they understand not to mess with atlantis ever again and maybe return their stargate after sometime when they have lost all their off world resources of spies and bases...
    Absolutely no need to use so much violence. Just beaming up the gate is enough to permanently keep them on the planet.

Comment

It would be far wiser to take a non violent diplomatic approach.But I agree with flexing our muscle a bit and beam up their gate. Thekillman is right they aren't a space-fearing race, no Gate no glory.
      sigpic

Comment

Non-existant threat??
        DECLARE WAR!!

That's just the way we roll..........
        sigpic
        ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
        A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
        The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
          Non-existant threat??
          DECLARE WAR!!

That's just the way we roll..........
          their nukes can cause a mess, but other than that it's fairly innocent

Comment

You mean their non deliverable, substandard nuclear devices?

BLOW EM UP!!!!
            sigpic
            ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
            A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
            The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Weir indeed was a very weak leader, because yeah, usually weak leaders will give their life for their people, that’s right! *insert sarcasm*

Let’s bomb everything in our way just to prove how strong we are, that’s the best thing a leader can do, in order to avoid war. So not!

At least she was able to save Lorne and the others, if she had sent the Daedalus to bomb everything, Lorne and the others would all be dead! Yeah, that’s what a great leader does, kills everyone in the name of peace and calls the casualties colateral damages or something. *shakes head*
              sigpic
              sig by Erin Atlantis Rising: The Virtual series Thank you so much for "Primum Movens"

Comment

Originally posted by Pearl of Atlantis76 View Post
                Weir indeed was a very weak leader, because yeah, usually weak leaders will give their life for their people, that’s right! *insert sarcasm*

Let’s bomb everything in our way just to prove how strong we are, that’s the best thing a leader can do, in order to avoid war. So not!

At least she was able to save Lorne and the others, if she had sent the Daedalus to bomb everything, Lorne and the others would all be dead! Yeah, that’s what a great leader does, kills everyone in the name of peace and calls the casualties colateral damages or something. *shakes head*

she was weak in military situations... that is a given and this was a military situation... i would taken away their homeworld gate atleast... she should have atleast threatened to do so rather than be quiet over such nonesense. Genii have done it several times and would do it again later too. Only one single decisive move of power would have taken away genii hostility against atlantis. Take away their stargate and show them how helpless they are... and in this situation, genii needed to be taught a lesson and a little bombing of this base should have occurred(and no beaming tech prevents any atlantian from dying as all the prisoners would have been beamed up).

there was another instance in the first season when there was the nano virus in atlantis. She locked sheppard away so that he won't be able to move, effectively cutting off her own right arm in the process... sheppard then disobeyed an order to get out but he was right in doing so as he was the military leader and second in command an a must have in such a situation rather than being isolated by a noob weir who had no idea what to do... to create more drama the writer added in the end that the whole section had to powered up for sheppard to get out of the gym the crazy guy made it into the mess hall due to that(whatever his name was) but he should not have been isolated in the first place...

It is not her fault, i should say, as the writers did it... they made genii into a threat even though they should not be one... we have starships and they have cute computers with screens from 1950s and nukes that would take another decade to be effective without any delivery system. Daedulus was kept out of the way so that genii could be trumped up as a threat... just like how ancients were made to lose from wraith by the writers...
                Last edited by destiny khan; 17 December 2013, 03:11 AM.

Comment

And you think that by blowing up everything, if the Daedalus would have done what you suggested, you think they would have been able to stop the genii from being hostile against Atlantis? I believe the hostilities would have increased. I believe the measures that were actually taken were far better. Atlantis was able to show they could be of great help to the genii when they provided the medical assistance they needed, i think that was far better a greater gesture than sending them a bomb. There are far better ways to avoid war than just bombard your enemy. I don’t think the genii would have become allies of Atlantis if the Daedalus would have bombarded them.

In Hot Zone, that wasn’t exactly a military situation, so she was the one that had to decide what was best for everyone. But i think both situations can’t be compared, because back in Hot Zone she was still learning how to be the leader of Atlantis. She was still learning that the situations in Atlantis were far different from any other she might have dealt previously on Earth. So she was still adjusting herself. But the one who proceded wrongly here was Sheppard and not Weir. He shouldn’t have disobeyed her there. Because if he hadn’t forced the opening of the doors, the scientist that was infected would have been able to be contained. The scientist was able to pass to the non infected áreas because the doors needed to be opened for Sheppard.
                  sigpic
                  sig by Erin Atlantis Rising: The Virtual series Thank you so much for "Primum Movens"

Comment

Originally posted by Pearl of Atlantis76 View Post
                    And you think that by blowing up everything, if the Daedalus would have done what you suggested, you think they would have been able to stop the genii from being hostile against Atlantis? I believe the hostilities would have increased. I believe the measures that were actually taken were far better. Atlantis was able to show they could be of great help to the genii when they provided the medical assistance they needed, i think that was far better a greater gesture than sending them a bomb. There are far better ways to avoid war than just bombard your enemy. I don’t think the genii would have become allies of Atlantis if the Daedalus would have bombarded them.

In Hot Zone, that wasn’t exactly a military situation, so she was the one that had to decide what was best for everyone. But i think both situations can’t be compared, because back in Hot Zone she was still learning how to be the leader of Atlantis. She was still learning that the situations in Atlantis were far different from any other she might have dealt previously on Earth. So she was still adjusting herself. But the one who proceded wrongly here was Sheppard and not Weir. He shouldn’t have disobeyed her there. Because if he hadn’t forced the opening of the doors, the scientist that was infected would have been able to be contained. The scientist was able to pass to the non infected áreas because the doors needed to be opened for Sheppard.
                    lets agree to disagree then... i have my own thinking... btw. i am not talking about killing anyone right now... "bombing" does not mean kill everyone but a few well placed non-nuclear hits can make someone fear you very easily...

i see that you are a wier fan from your avatar... i am NOT and i do not like this actress at all..my heart is with the original wier from sg-1 season 7 finale, who would have been much more awesome and i would have listened to all the crap she would say with a smile

Comment

First, I would have McKay invent a trap system for the Genii and somehow place it cloaked above the Stargate (I don't think copying Puddle Jumper's cloaking tech would be a problem since it's already been done in SG-1's 6th season). Then, when the first group of Genii would come trough the Stargate, the trap system would activate and hit them with a freeze beam. This would give Sheppard's team a quick chance to secure the gateroom. In addition, I would have the trap system to sense only the Genii. The team would shut down the gate, capture the first group, put everyone in a shielded prison cell on Atlantis (like the one used for Wraith prisoners). Activate the city shield, maybe even sink the city and you've got one secure city right there.

In addition, I would have someone stumble upon some mind controlling device, use it on the imprisoned Genii group and send them back convinced that they were wrong to make an assault on Atlantis. This would cause a rift between the Genii, allowing the expedition to resume normal operations for a while. In the end, the uncontrolled Genii groups would really befriend the Atlantis expedition, while the first one would secretly be returned to normal. With the support from the rest, Weir would manage to convince every Genii that they should be really friends and working together.

Comment

I like the suggestion of just beaming up their gate. Block them off from getting off their world and the threat is lessened.

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                          I like the suggestion of just beaming up their gate. Block them off from getting off their world and the threat is lessened.
                          there is a problem of many genii off world bases and spied... if i was incharge i would limit the atlantis off world missions to strictly intel gathering....using our own spies with normal clothing rather than military teams roaming around like explorers who have forgotten that atlantis is all you need and the cherry of the entire galaxy

Comment

Originally posted by destiny khan View Post
                            there is a problem of many genii off world bases and spied... if i was incharge i would limit the atlantis off world missions to strictly intel gathering....using our own spies with normal clothing rather than military teams roaming around like explorers who have forgotten that atlantis is all you need and the cherry of the entire galaxy
                            Unless the Genii placed some serious production offworld, removing the gate off their homeworld is all you really need.

Comment

ANd even with a few spies here and there off world, i doubt their transmitters were inter system. They seemed to only work in system or when the gate was open.

Comment

Working...
                              X